BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Grimsby

Hasta

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All credit to the manager here playing a very inexperienced team, new formation; 4-5-1 at home in the cup competition that realistically is our best shot at a trophy.

And then to go behind....It could have blown up spectacularly for him.

Thankfully no panic, no changes and the free flowing passing came through - how much was classy Rovers and how much was poor Grimsby - not sure, but a steady performance and brave call by the manager here.

Pro-Ince 2 - 1 Anti-Ince. With 7 more to play (before I get out of the wait and see camp).

Sitting behind the blackburn end goal it was obvious that the free kick was struck with some venom. If I was Brown I would have been kicking Tugay up the arse. Why set a wall only for Tugay to sod off and the free kick goes through the gaping hole the wandering Turk made??

So to sum up the BRFCS party line.............

Brown isn't up to it based on one sweetly struck free kick that his wall let him down on

Robinson is class despite flapping at crosses like a girl trying to catch a ball whilst playing rounders

<_<

Bad keeping. :D

I have only seen it from side on but in a PL game you would expect the keeper to save anything that is hitting the middle of the goal from that far out.

If I was Brown I would have been kicking Tugay up the arse. Why set a wall only for Tugay to sod off and the free kick goes through the gaping hole the wandering Turk made??

Tugay has always done that. At least this time it didn't really cost us.

Sitting behind the blackburn end goal it was obvious that the free kick was struck with some venom. If I was Brown I would have been kicking Tugay up the arse. Why set a wall only for Tugay to sod off and the free kick goes through the gaping hole the wandering Turk made??

So to sum up the BRFCS party line.............

Brown isn't up to it based on one sweetly struck free kick that his wall let him down on

Robinson is class despite flapping at crosses like a girl trying to catch a ball whilst playing rounders

<_<

Who said that?

Well, not had a read so probably repeating some stuff but...

Brown - He's too small. Unless he's as good as Barthez, his height will mean he's never good enough.

Treacy - Very good, defended well and I saw him waste about 1 cross all game.

Nelsen - Didn't have anything to do.

Zurab - Except one bad backpass, he was not challenged.

Simpson - Started dodgy in the first half but after half time he made some runs around the edge of the area and did

alright.

Emerton - Typical Bert, good goal, good passing, drifted inside too much and had a jog around.

Mokoena - Did well, was pretty funny hearing the "Whay-ey" shouts every time he did one of those turns. Won't be

given the same time and space against decent opposition.

Pedersen - Got forwards well and into the box regularly, unlucky not to score after a point blank save by the keeper, he was laughing his head off because it was so unfortunate.

Derbyshire - Back up top where he belongs, two very good goals, one disallowed and 2 other chances that could have been goals, needs a bit of sharpness and we have a very good striker. Underrated.

Tugay - Did his part, passed well and hassled players whenever he could. A few slips in the first half and nearly gave away a goal, but did well overall.

Judge - Looked a bit lightweight and Dickov-esque - didn't really impress me.

Marshall - Hilarious. When he went on a run and kept getting fouled and getting up, it was like watching a donkey with a broken leg running away from the sound of sharpening knives. Credit to him, he did well, but he looks like a complete donkey. Might come good.

And now for the man of the match - Carlos.

Well, he was terrific. I watched him keenly and he is certainly showing potential. He gets stuck in, challenges for everything and chases down any lost cause. I saw him attempt some trickery at the very start but he got buffeted away, but be carried on trying and did some brilliant tricks and passes, one in particular from the dugout area over the top straight to Derbyshires feet. He nearly scored early on, then he got his curled goal, then he nearly scored again but Derbyshire put the rebound in. He didn't get the assist for Emertons goal like some people have said - he passed it wide to Derbyshire when he could have shot.

He is humble, he is skillful, he has a good shot on him, he can take corners, he can take free kicks, he is confident and something I noticed - he isn't greedy. If he has shot every time he worked an opening he could have had a bag-full, but he always looked for a pass.

He looks good. I'm just glad I was one of the few who got to see him in action.

Yep he's rubbish, last time any of us saw him he was a sub for Brad and saved a penalty. Sounds like Blackburn Rovers fans.

I was late getting to the game so I haven't seen the Grimsby goal. Spoke to two different board members at HT - one said it was a soft goal, the other a great free kick!!

Charlie Newhouse - I like him!

Charlie, maybe. But his surname in English is Newton. If he's half as good as Keith was he'll be great.

Brown had no chance stopping that free kick which hit the underside of the bar before bouncing down and into the net. Brown is OK.

I really enjoyed the game. Those stay-away fans missed a good chance to see some players on the fringe.

I thought Treacy and Judge played well. Never heard of Marshall but his brief stint impressed me.

The only player I was disappointed with was Danny Simpson. Maybe I expected a Manc to have more class.

I was late getting to the game so I haven't seen the Grimsby goal. Spoke to two different board members at HT - one said it was a soft goal, the other a great free kick!!

Waiting for the cheap half time ticket , Paul ? :huh:

On reflection I'd say it was a very good free kick - certainly one that might just have got past Robinson !

A good game I have to say and great credit for Ince to play some of the youngsters . All did credit to themselves I thought . Villeneuve could have a future playing "in the hole" when necessary - Dunn may well find himself sidelined if injuries/fitness problems persist . The former seemed to have an excellent work rate also .

Marshall - Hilarious. When he went on a run and kept getting fouled and getting up, it was like watching a donkey with a broken leg running away from the sound of sharpening knives. Credit to him, he did well, but he looks like a complete donkey. Might come good.

Incredibly harsh there. I thought he did OK and gave their defence some problems.

Yeah yeah, I'm not saying he played badly, on the contrary he did well. But he just seemed a bit clumsy bumbling forward with his head down and looking like he had just stepped out of the Aaron Mokoena school of dribbling.

I remember saying when watching that he'd be OK for somebody like Crewe at that level. Doubt he'll be worrying Santa and Co. though.

Yeah yeah, I'm not saying he played badly, on the contrary he did well. But he just seemed a bit clumsy bumbling forward with his head down and looking like he had just stepped out of the Aaron Mokoena school of dribbling.

ADB it would appear you have seen what I saw a few months back in the reserves game at Wigan

CAPT KAYOS

View Member Profile

Add as Friend

Send Message

Find Member's Topics

Find Member's Posts Mar 18 2008, 12:55 Post #207

Champions League

Group: Members

Member No.: 103

Warn: (0%)

MARSHALL (RIGTERS B ) -scored and missed a sitter but looks far from being good enough to me - fast but that's about it, fell over the ball alot - may need time?

I've said a few times that being 5'11 will make it very tough for him as a goalkeeper, and the goal last night is a prime example. He really shouldn't be getting beaten by a shot that's straight down the middle, but he just doesn't have the height to cope with it.

One extremely good one on one block right at the start of the second half at 3-1 which proved crucial.

Those two events occurred because he is just about as wide as he is tall. The lad should be playing rugby or American football.

Derb's 2nd goal was a volley on the run to the near post after a cross from Gamst, sorry Pedersen!!! Nice finish.

Derbyshire has obviously noted that 80% of Pederson's crosses hit the first man so as logic dictates he ran to the near post and made himself the first man with the result being a cracking finish! :rover:

I wonder how long it will take Roberts and RSC to cotton on? :huh:

Those two events occurred because he is just about as wide as he is tall. The lad should be playing rugby or American football.

Hardly . Anyone who is 5ft 11 inches should be able to head a ball off the line easily enough . If Brown was at fault then it was his reaction speed that was to blame not his physique .

if you look at the replay properly you will see browns ready for going to his left his weight is on that foot. when the free kick doesn't curl that far over he is wrong footed and cant recover his ground quickly enough to make the save. if it wasn't for this he would have saved it regardless of his lacking in inches.

if you look at the replay properly you will see browns ready for going to his left his weight is on that foot. when the free kick doesn't curl that far over he is wrong footed and cant recover his ground quickly enough to make the save. if it wasn't for this he would have saved it regardless of his lacking in inches.

In that case he's at fault because of poor footwork. Either way it's a bad goal to concede.

Archived