BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Music/gigs

Probably many of you don't know Sigur Rós but they are one of my favourite bands ever.

And on the 13th of February, my birthday, I will get to see them live again (the other concert I saw of them was one of the best concerts I ever saw).

It will be in Oporto's Coliseum, great venue and quite intimite.

Too make it even better, the band (or one of their people) offered me 2 tickets for the concert.

I wrote to them to try to know if they were going to sell more tickets since it was reported they had sold out.

They answered back, offered 2 tickets and put my name on their guest list. Best birthday present ever!!

Wow that's brilliant, I've seen Sigur Ros a couple of times including a few months ago and they really were brilliant. Especially the most recent time. Finishing the gig with Untitled 8 is a masterstroke.

Wow that's brilliant, I've seen Sigur Ros a couple of times including a few months ago and they really were brilliant. Especially the most recent time. Finishing the gig with Untitled 8 is a masterstroke.

It was another brilliant concert.

I got two of the most expensive tickets for free.

The concert was almost perfect, the only problem for me was the duration. It should have lasted forever.

They played some new songs, also brilliant.

I'm heading over to the U.S next Friday for a few weeks and on the Saturday night I'm heading to the Barclay Center in Brooklyn to see Swedish House Mafia. This is part of their farewell tour and I cannot wait. I've never seen them before, have been dying to see them for ages and never thought I would be seeing them just before they go out in such an iconic city like New York. It's going to be a great night!

Saw the legendary Steve Cropper tonight at The Grand, Clitheroe. Time is Tight, In the Midnight Hour, Green Onions, Knock on Wood, Sittin' on the Dock of the Bay, Soul Man. Amazing...... guess these people just love to play, it can't be for money, 250 folk in Clitheroe!

Cropper has been playing with Paul Weller and Bruce Foxton (mainly Foxton, they used Weller's Black Barn Studio and PW chipped in with a few bits and bobs). Think they laid a couple of tracks down. A true legend is Steve Cropper. The other two aren't bad either.

We're off to see the legend that is Johnny Marr in Preston on Friday, would prefer to see him with Morrissey but hell will frezze over before that ever happens.

The Eagles said that once Gav. In fact they even named their next tour after it :)

The Eagles said that once Gav. In fact they even named their next tour after it :)

Oh well we can live in hope!

Just got back from the gig, 4 Smiths classic songs, 2 Electronic numbers and 1 modest mouse, mixed in with his new stuff, absolutely fantastic stuff from Johnny, the mans a legend.

Best thing about it, we drove, arrived at 8.45pm and back in the local by 10.45, love 53 degrees!

Edited by GAV

Oh well we can live in hope!

Just got back from the gig, 4 Smiths classic songs, 2 Electronic numbers and 1 modest mouse, mixed in with his new stuff, absolutely fantastic stuff from Johnny, the mans a legend.

Best thing about it, we drove, arrived at 8.45pm and back in the local by 10.45, love 53 degrees!

Best venue around the northwest in my opinion,worth checking out the pub across the road as well Gav.Decent beer at reasonable prices and they will usually have a DJ on playing the same sort of music as the band that's playing at 53 Degrees.Plus they have some decent pub meals too if you fancy a bite to eat before you go in.

Edited by bacup blue

The boy Marr is supporting New Order at Jodrell Bank 7th July. The same day that The Charlatans play Delamere forest. I will miss both gigs.

Gutted.

Get on it.

Am on it (Jodrell Bank)! Also off to see The Gaslight Anthem in March 28th, got tickets for Jake Bugg at the Empress Ballroom way off in November as I missed the 53 Degrees one due to work.

Saw Everything Everything a couple of weeks ago - fantastic gig by a great band. Don't think they'll be playing venues as small as Academy 2 for much longer!

Best venue around the northwest in my opinion,worth checking out the pub across the road as well Gav.Decent beer at reasonable prices and they will usually have a DJ on playing the same sort of music as the band that's playing at 53 Degrees.Plus they have some decent pub meals too if you fancy a bite to eat before you go in.

Far from the best venue in the north west, door staff too heavy handed for that, bordering on the unpleasant. That accolade has to go to Band on the Wall in Manchester for sheer variety of music, great staff, great crowd and cheap drinks, wins hands down every time. culture feat. Kenyatta, 22nd march should be a belter. The venue across from 53 degrees is called Mad Ferrit, it's a great live music venue, would happily recommend it to anyone, please support, well worth a visit.

Saw Everything Everything a couple of weeks ago - fantastic gig by a great band. Don't think they'll be playing venues as small as Academy 2 for much longer!

Search for the Everything Everything mix by James Rutledge. It's the whole Arc album mixed into a 6:51 song. Nowhere near as chaotic as it sounds! Definitely worth a listen.

Saw My Bloody Valentine last Sunday. I think my ears are still bleeding. The 15 minute wall of noise that they call 'the Holocaust'...f*** me. I've never experienced anything like that! The rest of the set was beautiful but that was a 15 minute physical assault.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...