BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venkys wealth

Your guess is as good as mine but barring a return to the PL it's difficult to see any way they could exit without the world being reminded of the sheer incompetence and farce of their ownership.

One would think that they would go for a top calibre manager to try and get us up if they were set on that particular 'dignified' exit strategy...

They've been at the club for going on 5 years now. 'Moving on to other projects' might allow them to save face in the circles they are likely to move in where, I would imagine, there isn't too much football knowledge.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your guess is as good as mine but barring a return to the PL it's difficult to see any way they could exit without the world being reminded of the sheer incompetence and farce of their ownership.

One would think that they would go for a top calibre manager to try and get us up if they were set on that particular 'dignified' exit strategy...

no, their worth could be genuine. These losses might be nothing to them in the bigger scheme of their overall wealth. As i said, if that is the case, then they can hold onto Rovers for a long time while incurring the losses, and hoping we get promoted. If they were not super rich, then holding on while making that much of a loss would have crippled them a long time ago.

no, their worth could be genuine. These losses might be nothing to them in the bigger scheme of their overall wealth. As i said, if that is the case, then they can hold onto Rovers for a long time while incurring the losses, and hoping we get promoted. If they were not super rich, then holding on while making that much of a loss would have crippled them a long time ago.

Could also be a tax loss thing, offset against some of their other more lucrative companies, it has happened before

.....and they were probably set on getting back their initial outlay quick style after being 'advised' it was a sure fire bet :huh:

of which you can bet your last pound that they did and more

Or maybe, they ere mugged off by some unscrupulous dodgy agents and now they want to put things right but are not sure who to trust and how to move forward.

If they are worth what it appears and what the journalist says, then it seems to fit with this theory. Maybe they just want to be liked and will not admit defeat.

It amazes me that it has taken four years for some to cotton on that the owners are very rich. Too many believing the crap and scaremongering the likes of Philip would happily peddle on an almost daily basis - where is he these days btw??

According to the last accounts just over half the 80 mill is owed to them but the rest is/was external. It's enough and it's that bit that will continue to rise until they pay it down.

So if it's a decimal point why don't they just pay it? Seems to me a wealth of assets, land etc but not necessarily loads of liquid

It amazes me that it has taken four years for some to cotton on that the owners are very rich. Too many believing the crap and scaremongering the likes of Philip would happily peddle on an almost daily basis - where is he these days btw??

In a happier state probably. Doesn't have to read posts like yours.

Sssshhh, ffs....did you never watch 'Candyman'?!

Chief hypocrite pops up.

Aww, touched a nerve have I 47er? To be fair, you always were quickly suckling on the teets of his propaganda and regurgitating his nonsense.

Hail

• Backroom

If Venkys have so much money and have learned so much, why are they still not trying to bring in a manager with the tools to get us promoted?

Perhaps they feel Bowyer is that man? I must admit that while I'm unsure on him, I've checked back and it seems most top 6 sides down the years were mid-table average teams.

It only takes one season to get promoted if the players and manager 'click'. Quietly optimistic, especially if we're in a position to build the team around Rhodes rather than merely accommodate him.

• Moderation Lead

Well if he got any more morose he'd be on suicide watch....

• Moderation Lead

Venkys are the best owners... We should be lucky that we have them.. All hail Queen Venky

How have you plucked (sorry) that from anything that was written above? Stop being so hyperbolic and reading what you want to read.

So if it's a decimal point why don't they just pay it? Seems to me a wealth of assets, land etc but not necessarily loads of liquid

400 mill in the bank the journo said although it's amazing how he'd know something like this. Personally I think it's way overstated but they are still wealthy. I reckon he's somehow mistakenly added a zero on it. Someone tells me that a lot of the land they invest in is group owned with others involved consortium style.

Archived