BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer/discussion Thread

I don't want to see us spend willy nilly anyway but some decent spending on players to improve our squad/first team, under a manager fans could believe in and ticket sales and marketing would improve so that the spend wasn't so big. Whilst it wouldn't make the difference that Pogba signing will make for United, it would make a difference. The fact that everything is cut price, dumbed down etc has a knock on effect. Spending some of the cash we bring in would raise morale among fans and players alike. Getting a decent manager was for me the first priority but that hasn't happened. It makes all the rest more of an uphill struggle than it needs to be. We're all going to wonder who are the agents of any transfers we bring in, how much cash is going to said agent etc. It's never going to be straightforward until our club is purged.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I havent.

I tried to suggest where the Rhodes money might have gone that is all.

Accept? I have told you before what I think of them. Im not going to keep going around in circles discussing the same topics all of the time.

This is the Transfer thread.

It's all smoke n mirrors with you .

I havent.

Accept? I have told you before what I think of them. Im not going to keep going around in circles discussing the same topics all of the time.

We're has all the transfer fees received since venkys took over.. Not reinvested in the team that's for sure..

Open your eyes man

We're has all the transfer fees received since venkys took over.. Not reinvested in the team that's for sure..

Open your eyes man

Wages, pay offs and agent fees. We went from being a 100% turnover to wages ratio club to 150% overnight and then signed another 4/5 players on 2/3m a season for 2/3 years.

We will pay for the criminal mismanaging for a long time yet.

Open your eyes mate.

I don't want to see us spend willy nilly anyway but some decent spending on players to improve our squad/first team, under a manager fans could believe in and ticket sales and marketing would improve so that the spend wasn't so big. Whilst it wouldn't make the difference that Pogba signing will make for United, it would make a difference. The fact that everything is cut price, dumbed down etc has a knock on effect. Spending some of the cash we bring in would raise morale among fans and players alike. Getting a decent manager was for me the first priority but that hasn't happened. It makes all the rest more of an uphill struggle than it needs to be. We're all going to wonder who are the agents of any transfers we bring in, how much cash is going to said agent etc. It's never going to be straightforward until our club is purged.

I would agree in terms of moderate spending but then again I can't imagine Graham has come on the cheap his wages and signing on fee will represent a transfer sum one would have thought. The window is still young so we will have to wait and see what happens down the line.

I havent.

Which do you think is more likely - Venkys trousering the money or reinvesting it?

Also how does Ward, Bennett, Graham, Gomes and Grimes add up to £9million or even part of? (Plus there's the Olsson deal).

Think about it: Olsson £1 million, that pays for the fees for Bennett and Ward I'm sure - probably with some left over too.

Rhodes wage swap for Graham - assuming we are paying all of it. Can't see us paying all the wages and a loan fee - as Gomes and Graham, were not near the first team so would be a stupid deal to need to pay both. Let's say Gomes is on £35k and Grimes £15 k - probably lower. Let's say we also add in either Ward or Bennett's wage of £15 k as well (I'm overestimating) with the other wage being paid by Olsson's wage.

That means 26 weeks wages of £65k a week = £1.690 million. A lot less than £9 million.

Let's factor in loan fees just for the sake of argument in each case of £250 k - that's still only £2.4 million. Nowhere near reinvestment levels

And these are the most over optimistic stats ever - I've not factored in we won't be paying all wages, or even that Rhodes wages were more than Graham's. When it is looked at logically, there is no way the Rhodes money has been reinvested into the team. A cursory glance at the figures says that. Past history (prior to FFP says that.) Yet somehow the excuses for Venkys remain.

Cant see Rovers selling Hanley for 4 mil plus add ons.

I want 7 or 8 mil for him at least. Newcastle have money so either pay up or shut up.

Don't you want us to keep hold of our best players Chaddy?

Was listening to talk @#/? on the radio, some fella saying Boltons young centre half is going Arsenal for 2-3 million with only a year left on his contract. Taking that, the valuation of Keane and Tomkins... We should be asking 6 million AT LEAST for Hanley given the inflation. In fact it should be more.

Understand where you're coming from AJW but just on Keane, we have a big shortage of good English central defenders at the moment, so £15m for Keane and Scott Dann is probably the going rate I'd say.

I seem to remember United signing Ferdinand for £30m many moons ago.

yeh i appreciate that , and its always been the case that for some reason English players have always carried a premium .. you would think after this summers showing it would be the opposite

Tomkins ... thats another one .. Bonkers !!!

btw will we.... sorry ... Venkys get anything if Dann leaves Palace

If Hanley goes and Duffy stays, then fine. Duffy is any case the better defender. The problem is, are we going to spend that money on a quality replacement, or sign Wes Brown for a packet of crisps

If Hanley goes and Duffy stays, then fine. Duffy is any case the better defender. The problem is, are we going to spend that money on a quality replacement, or sign Wes Brown for a packet of crisps

He really isn't, Duffy isn't fit to lace Hanley's boots.

When city paid 50 million for sterling but Leicester go on to win the league with a team of seemingly mediocre players i think the whole transfer system has gone to pot and needs to be fundamentally changed. Personally id have a transfer cap at say 25 mill and a salary cap at say 75k, but something like that would only work if every league in the world signed up for it.

Ive said it before, but the system should be the same as in Basketball or the NFL. Salary caps, teams get x amount of cap to spend and thats it. Pogba is a good player, but he is not worth 100mill.

He really isn't, Duffy isn't fit to lace Hanley's boots.

Sorry, but before last season, people couldn't wait to see the back of Hanley. And i dont mean a few people, especially on this board. If anybody disagrees with that, then they are lying.

yeh i appreciate that , and its always been the case that for some reason English players have always carried a premium .. you would think after this summers showing it would be the opposite

Tomkins ... thats another one .. Bonkers !!!

btw will we.... sorry ... Venkys get anything if Dann leaves Palace

Stuff like this makes me laugh...of course it's Venkys who gets the money. Last time I looked no one on here is a shareholder!!

You know when you read 'Bournmouth have £15m bid rejected' that something has gone seriously wrong.

Stuff like this makes me laugh...of course it's Venkys who gets the money. Last time I looked no one on here is a shareholder!!

But we are all stakeholders.

Wow !! Why do you want our best players selling

I want us to add good players to the squad this summer and have a good squad this coming season to watch and support. I still want us to perform very well this coming season despite several issues Ive got with the club. I wont let those issues affect me supporting the team during the season.

Archived