BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mural Outside Ewood

J*B

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just donated...wonderful picture of the old Ewood btw!

Reminds me of some other famous Ewood 'murals':

'CHAMPIONS' painted on the chimney in the picture by a steeplejack the day after we won the title.

'BURNLEY B******S DIED ERE' on the Blackburn End wall.

'ILEY IS A T**T' on a terraced house behind The Moorings.

:brfc:

Reminds me of some other famous Ewood 'murals':

'CHAMPIONS' painted on the chimney in the picture by a steeplejack the day after we won the title.

'BURNLEY B******S DIED ERE' on the Blackburn End wall.

'ILEY IS A T**T' on a terraced house behind The Moorings.

:brfc:

Tucker is a F__ker on the Darwen End. Wasn't he an infamous copper of the 60's and 70's?

What happens to any surplus money raised? The reason being I've just been sent this:

"Before the burton game (Aug 20th) I noticed the rovers remembers World War 1 memorial remembering those from the local area who sacrificed their lives was missing the "o" from rovers and the "m" from remembers so it reads "rvers reember...". So I thought I'd give the club the benefit of the doubt and if it wasn't fixed by the following week home game vs Fulham (Aug 27th) I'd would send them an email and call them telling them to fix it. I had no response naturally. Not been back since and as of today October 9th still NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE."

I don't notice much round Ewood these days as boycotting. But as it's on the side of the jack walker stand at the Darwen end side forgetting the terrible impression that gives away fans who see it. It's as disrespectful as I can believe not to maintain something of such importance and significance. I didn't think it possible my opinion of the club could be any lower. Well they've managed it.

So if there's any money left over shall we just purchase an "o" and an "m" in same font, find a bloke who owns a drill and fix it ourselves? The club and its employees may have no standards but that's not to say we shouldn't. Pathetic from rovers again.

I shall call the club Monday myself. I'm mad as can be about this. As a side note what are our various fan groups who communicate with the club doing? The action group. Ewood blues. Fans forum even dabble in pie temperatures. Surely someone has brought it up.

What happens to any surplus money raised? The reason being I've just been sent this:

"Before the burton game (Aug 20th) I noticed the rovers remembers World War 1 memorial remembering those from the local area who sacrificed their lives was missing the "o" from rovers and the "m" from remembers so it reads "rvers reember...". So I thought I'd give the club the benefit of the doubt and if it wasn't fixed by the following week home game vs Fulham (Aug 27th) I'd would send them an email and call them telling them to fix it. I had no response naturally. Not been back since and as of today October 9th still NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE."

I don't notice much round Ewood these days as boycotting. But as it's on the side of the jack walker stand at the Darwen end side forgetting the terrible impression that gives away fans who see it. It's as disrespectful as I can believe not to maintain something of such importance and significance. I didn't think it possible my opinion of the club could be any lower. Well they've managed it.

So if there's any money left over shall we just purchase an "o" and an "m" in same font, find a bloke who owns a drill and fix it ourselves? The club and its employees may have no standards but that's not to say we shouldn't. Pathetic from rovers again.

I shall call the club Monday myself. I'm mad as can be about this. As a side note what are our various fan groups who communicate with the club doing? The action group. Ewood blues. Fans forum even dabble in pie temperatures. Surely someone has brought it up.

Excellent idea.

Get the LET to photograph it being done, it would make for a shameful storey regarding the Venky run club.

I'm sure a few nationals would pick it up too.

Archived