BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Huddersfield At Home

I see nobody has started a match thread so I decided to start one.

Who would people replace Marshall with who is banned after 5 yellow cards?

Would Emnes start or keep GaG(Graham and Gallagher) up front?

My team would be

Steele Nyambe Lenihan Mulgrew Williams Feeney Lowe Evans Conway Graham Gallagher

Emnes to come on around 65 mins in

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Such a big test this. Coyle or no Coyle ever since those shysters rolled in we've consistently taken one step forward on the pitch only to take many more back quickly after.

Big, big game. Win this and we can start tentatively feeling confident of having a chance of staying up. Lose and we're back to square one.

Massive game in terms of an indication of any progress we may have made.

Given that the people who still attend say Lowe has been in decent form recently I'd be loathe to move him. He'd be the obvious choice for the right back spot. Having said that I'd give Bennett a game there. He's near enough to a Marshall style player. It's a big game to blood Nyambe in although he seems a very promising young player.

Other than that same team that played at Newcastle. You can't beat continuity in team selection.

Probably a risk to throw Nyambe in against a team like Huddersfield and it's upsetting the new found balance to put Lowe back there but needs must.

Henley did most of the U23's the other night i believe so maybe put him in, i know the flaws of him but at least it's horses for courses and it's about time he justified his place in the squad.

it would be a risk to break up the midfield of Lowe and Evans , who i thought were very good at Newcastle , and after OCM comments last week regards Nyambe , i also think he will start at R/b, i think the more difficult selection will be who plays up front as Emnes Gallacher and Graham have all done enough recently to deserve a starting place

This is a home banker.

Coyley's lads should be bouncing with confidence.

Huddersfield have shot their bolt. Leaking goals and just 1 point from last four games including a 5-0 thrashing at Fulham, defeat at Cardiff, home loss to Wigan and the paltry point at home to Brum. Add to that injuries and suspensions.

Surely even the most pessimistic of Rovers' fans can have serious grounds for optimism. At 17/10, it's a great opportunity to top up those Christmas funds.

It'll be a draw with Huddersfield looking to get going again and us with a bit more confidence but if we play like normal we are open to concede. Play like Saturday with resilience and we should be ok but might struggle to score.

A freezing pre xmas Saturday

Rovers 0 Huddersfield 0

This is a home banker.

Coyley's lads should be bouncing with confidence.

Huddersfield have shot their bolt. Leaking goals and just 1 point from last four games including a 5-0 thrashing at Fulham, defeat at Cardiff, home loss to Wigan and the paltry point at home to Brum. Add to that injuries and suspensions.

Surely even the most pessimistic of Rovers' fans can have serious grounds for optimism. At 17/10, it's a great opportunity to top up those Christmas funds.

Leave the Mercerman parodies to me, than-.... oooooh.

It'll be a draw with Huddersfield looking to get going again and us with a bit more confidence but if we play like normal we are open to concede. Play like Saturday with resilience and we should be ok but might struggle to score.

A freezing pre xmas Saturday

Rovers 0 Huddersfield 0

12,985? Is that including all those shopping at Aldi & Iceland??

Very important game this - it's imperative we don't lose and destroy the good feeling from the past 2 games while a third win in succession would be a huge fillip and give us some real hope we can stay up.

This is Rovers though and I'm a half glass empty woman so I expect a draw.

It's one of those rare occasions where we will probably be favourites this season. Other than Rotherham and possibly Burton at home that hasn't really happened. Huddersfield's form has dipped and in their last 3 away games they've conceded 11 goals.

I do worry that we've perhaps been able to raise our game somewhat in the bigger matches in recent times - away at Derby, Villa and Newcastle, whereas at home when the expectation and pressure is on us, that the story will be different.

9 points from 9 would be massive and would go towards justifying some of Coyle's comments in the local media. 7 points from 9 would at least keep the points ticking over and ensure we continued to claw our way towards the 50 point target,

A defeat however would be devastating. The Newcastle win has reinvigorated a large swathe of the fanbase and instilled confidence that this season can be salvaged and we can survive, however a home defeat to Huddersfield would ensure that goodwill and confidence is wiped out at the first hurdle.

Cant see Henley starting. Not fit enough. Think he only play 60 mins for the under 23's.

Bennett isnt a right back.

I would play Nyambe cos he is natural right back.

Young Henley is garbage like JLOWE let's just hope that both are gone in January so that club can strengthen it's hand on the field of play.

Cant see Henley starting. Not fit enough. Think he only play 60 mins for the under 23's.

Bennett isnt a right back.

I would play Nyambe cos he is natural right back.

Henley is out of contention. His hamstring has gone again

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/14940938.Blackburn_Rovers_pair_set_to_return_as_Adam_Henley_suffers_setback_ahead_of_Huddersfield_Town_visit/?ref=mac

Archived