BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Sporting Director Rumour

TBTF

From my letter(s) to the EFL about the club/fans meetings......

"Secondly I'm not convinced that the people representing the club are able to answer relevant questions. Apparently Suhail Pasha is the owners representative and is based in this country, yet he wasn't invited to the meeting. He's the man who people like Mike Cheston (financial director) must talk to the owners through. Pasha hasn't even been announced as a director yet. Why not?"

they werent interested.

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Probably not since Mark Hughes days in charge have we had those types of players. 

We have Holiett, Dunn and Rochina with the odd monent of brillant. But nothing compare to Tugay or Roque..or even Pedersen great volley..

Best 3 players Ive ever seen at Ewood Park were Tugay, Shearer and Freidal. 

Ardiles Sellars Garner Fazackerley Shearer Bellamy Santa Cruz Gennoe Sutton Duff are probably the best 10 I've seen in a Rovers shirt... 

1 hour ago, den said:

From my letter(s) to the EFL about the club/fans meetings......

"Secondly I'm not convinced that the people representing the club are able to answer relevant questions. Apparently Suhail Pasha is the owners representative and is based in this country, yet he wasn't invited to the meeting. He's the man who people like Mike Cheston (financial director) must talk to the owners through. Pasha hasn't even been announced as a director yet. Why not?"

they werent interested.

Why worry about them? Bigger fish more interested and looking at the situation already.

14 hours ago, JAL said:

Yes managers and coaches also heres to the government sorting this part of our game out .

Especially when connected proven rogues like Jerome exist in football and have played a huge part in the devastation of this club.

Links as of Coyle still connected to him.

When you hear of certain rumours of tens of millions going missing from BRFC then you wonder who'd be able to help with this............

Publication2.jpg

2 hours ago, Athlete said:

Ardiles Sellars Garner Fazackerley Shearer Bellamy Santa Cruz Gennoe Sutton Duff are probably the best 10 I've seen in a Rovers shirt... 

Was Gennoe better than Friedel? I only started watching as a youngster in 87 so can't really remember him in detail.

Friedel though, I thought he was world class on many occasions and proved just that in the world cup.

Both class keepers and we have had a few of them over the years. I am going back a while now, but the first keeper I remember was back in the old Third Division days, Roger Jones. I was only a kid at the time, but was an absolutely wonderful keeper and at that level was at least a Division if not two below his true standard. I think Ken Furphy took him to Sheff UTD with him when he left and they were top flight back then.

I have just checked and Roger Jones was in fact transferred to Newcastle. Whilst checking, another couple of great Rovers keepers came to mind. Paul Bradshaw and Jim Arnold. Arnold set a club record for clean sheets under Howard Kendal's reign and I think came close the season after, to breaking it.

4 hours ago, Athlete said:

Have to throw in Benni McCarthy who i absolutely loved! Especially for his goal vs Arsenal in the cup. 

1 hour ago, 1arC said:

I have just checked and Roger Jones was in fact transferred to Newcastle. Whilst checking, another couple of great Rovers keepers came to mind. Paul Bradshaw and Jim Arnold. Arnold set a club record for clean sheets under Howard Kendal's reign and I think came close the season after, to breaking it.

Whilst Arnold was immense, some credit must go to Branagan, Keeley, Fazackerley and Rathbone who were in playing front of him and, following his departure, playing in front of Terry Gennoe, nearly every game. :brfc:

Can I just ask ,how did the rovers fans regard Kevin Moran? A bit before my time. I have seen lots of clips of him with Ireland. No nonsense anyway :) He regularly writes for papers over here and speaks fondly of his time at the club. 

I was watching YouTube videos a few weeks ago and it showed us getting promoted under King Kenny. I saw Moran and Hendry lifting the trophy and I remember thinking "I would say strikers did not fancy coming up against those two" :D

Not putting him in the category of the greats. Just interested to know. 

Just now, MCMC1875 said:

Whilst Arnold was immense, some credit must go to Branagan, Keeley, Fazackerley and Rathbone who were in playing front of him and, following his departure, playing in front of Terry Gennoe, nearly every game. :brfc:

I'd have them as a back four any day.

Met them all years ago in 1984 in the Rovers  dressing room pre Carlisle game

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Can I just ask ,how did the rovers fans regard Kevin Moran? A bit before my time. I have seen lots of clips of him with Ireland. No nonsense anyway :) He regularly writes for papers over here and speaks fondly of his time at the club. 

I was watching YouTube videos a few weeks ago and it showed us getting promoted under King Kenny. I saw Moran and Hendry lifting the trophy and I remember thinking "I would say strikers did not fancy coming up against those two" :D

Well thought of from that era, did a great job for Rovers and played a big part in us getting to be founder members of the Prem. If only there were players of his commitment around at this level now.

He'd play with sellotape around his knees if he had to, meanwhile these days we have Brown stealing wages :(

Just now, MCMC1875 said:

Absolutely and seeing those names, sends a shiver down my spine. Who needs the top flight, when you have players like that playing for you?

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

For his bravery in scoring a vital goal in the play off Semi final at the old Baseball ground, I would put him right up there in any Rovers hall of fame. We had him at the tail end of his career, but he would put his head in places were some players wouldn't put their foot.

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

Well thought of from that era, did a great job for Rovers and played a big part in us getting to be founder members of the Prem. If only there were players of his commitment around at this level now.

He'd play with sellotape around his knees if he had to, meanwhile these days we have Brown stealing wages :(

Just now, 1arC said:

For his bravery in scoring a vital goal in the play off Semi final at the old Baseball ground, I would put him right up there in any Rovers hall of fame. We had him at the tail end of his career, but he would put his head in places were some players wouldn't put their foot.

Interesting. He was the same what I saw of him for Ireland, also near the end of his career. He played gaelic football at inter county level for Dublin as a centre back before he went over to Utd and was notoriously tough but fair.

He writes some very good articles on the modern game these days. He has a real old school, arguably better, approach to football. He wouldn't be a fan of twitter or players walking around with headphones on constantly :D 

Cheers lads 

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Watch this from 1 minute in...........................25 years this year :o

3 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Immense. Always remember him with a bandage around his head. 

Were playing Arsenal once and Ian Wright was fannying about sat on the floor holding up play. Moran, after trying to reason with him for a few moments just slapped him on the top of the head. Soon made Wright get up!

On 2/28/2017 at 9:56 AM, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Yeah, he was worth the entrance fee. Class act.

He was quite an arrogant pr1ck, but Hughes seemed to have him under control. Superb footballer for us though :)

I miss those days! Pederson and Bentley on the wings...

6 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Can I just ask ,how did the rovers fans regard Kevin Moran? A bit before my time. 

Not putting him in the category of the greats. 

Blimey, and you're in Dublin? Ask around. The man is the definition of a legend. Hard as nails. A winner.

Archived