BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Sporting Director Rumour

TBTF

It appears to me that a lot of people here have their minds made up already that Senior is inept or worse still,up to no good. He has only been at the club a month and already it's doomsday. I understand the position we are in doesn't help,but I need to ask the question- at this point in Venkys reign could they appoint anyone to the director of football role, who fans would give a chance to? I am not talking about Coyle. I am specifically referring to Senior. 

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

It appears to me that a lot of people here have their minds made up already that Senior is inept or worse still,up to no good. He has only been at the club a month and already it's doomsday. I understand the position we are in doesn't help,but I need to ask the question- at this point in Venkys reign could they appoint anyone to the director of football role, who fans would give a chance to? I am not talking about Coyle. I am specifically referring to Senior. 

You think it's right that he imposes players onto a manager? You think that will work?

On ‎12‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 11:25 AM, chaddyrovers said:

I rather Senior than Coyle. 

Based on what Chaddy for Christ sake?? In reality you nothing about Senior so preferring one clown over another  is just posting for the sake of it

28 minutes ago, den said:

You think it's right that he imposes players onto a manager? You think that will work?

Isn't that how a director of football usually operates? Let's not say impose,but he selects the players either for the head coach or in conjunction with them?

To be honest I don't care where we get players from as long as they are better than what we have. 

It seems a bit ham fisted landing senior in and expecting him and coyle to just click,but as an idea I think there is a lot of merit to having a DOF and head coach,as opposed to a manager. 

Isn't that how a director of football usually operates? Let's not say impose,but he selects the players either for the head coach or in conjunction with them?

To be honest I don't care where we get players from as long as they are better than what we have. 

It seems a bit ham dusted landing senior in and expecting him and coyle to just click,but as an idea I think there is a lot of merit to having a DOF and head coach,as opposed to a manager. 

I can't really think of any advantage if your manager is decent and supported by an adequate scouting system. And dof don't select players without consulting the managers needs. Manager says he needs an attacking mid for example and dof finds some within budget from which manager chooses who he'd rather have.

It seems a bit ham fisted landing senior in and expecting him and coyle to just click,but as an idea I think there is a lot of merit to having a DOF and head coach,as opposed to a manager. 

For the vast majority of the past 6 years, we've had agents/global advisors providing players for the "head coach".

now it's Paul Senior. - and you don't see any problems?

1 hour ago, den said:

that's why when Coyle does left if Senior is here he will appoint a head coach. possibly overseas guy.

but both guys have to be on the same wavelength and agree on type of players need signings, tactics and style of play and both get on with each other

8 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

that's why when Coyle does left if Senior is here he will appoint a head coach. possibly overseas guy.

but both guys have to be on the same wavelength and agree on type of players need signings, tactics and style of play and both get on with each other

Wtf are you on about...

Senior will only be on seniors wavelength and the percentage wavelength 

Senior must be here to do a complete downgrading of the playing staff following relegation because if he was brought in to try to prevent relegation then he's done the square root of Nothing so far and that includes the January window. A relegation won't look good on his (so far) turd-polished CV so it can only be assumed he is working to an agenda that fills his boots in the summer.

Archived