SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Sporting Director Rumour

TBTF

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, davulsukur said:

Well if Senior allegedly said to a fan at yesterdays game the work permit was just a formality and we should hear about it tomorrow, I'm guessing his first test is that Effin' Ambrose signs tomorrow.

That's not really a test of Senior, it's a test of 'friend of some bloke on Facebook'.

just caught up with his interview in Fridays Telegraph and I quote he says " In January we have topped up the squad, I think we have brought players in that can come in and give us cover across the back as well as midfield and goals upfront " WTF is he on !!

Just now, till i die said:

just caught up with his interview in Fridays Telegraph and I quote he says " In January we have topped up the squad, I think we have brought players in that can come in and give us cover across the back as well as midfield and goals upfront " WTF is he on !!

When you're never made accountable for your words, you can come out with whatever bullshit you want.

5 minutes ago, Amarillo said:

When you're never made accountable for your words, you can come out with whatever bullshit you want.

What you mean bullshitter?...

"He didn't make over 200 million in the past on sales?"

"He only spent one fee on one player out of fourteen brought in at Sheff Weds?"

"Director of Football At Sheff Weds?"

"Owners had made money available but there was no value to be had from the players offered?"

"He's got a Plan A and a Plan B?"

"He speaks to the owners most days?"

"He can turn sand into mother fricking gold?

7 minutes ago, till i die said:

They should have been all over him for that but the telegraph is in Chestons pocket. It's just pathetic and then you actually think to yourself is this guy really doing anything here at all or has he just been plonked front of house to deflect crap in a window dressing exercise. He seems quite detached from what's really going on, as if he's just reading someone elses script and filling the blanks in himself.....badly.

20 hours ago, tomphil said:

It's just pathetic and then you actually think to yourself is this guy really doing anything here at all or has he just been plonked front of house to deflect crap in a window dressing exercise. 

Thats exactly what he is and thats all he is.

Do you think we should only sign players with no agents or agents the club has never dealt with before?

Let's not pretend we are unique here with regards to dodgy agents. Every club has to work with them. 

I understand that there has been dodgy board room stuff going on here since Venkys took over(I'm pretty sure they are oblivious to a lot of it) I have no doubt the likes of Jerome Anderson saw them as a big fat cash chicken(fits better than cow) but we have to sign players and the reality is the whole market is dodgy as hell. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Do you think we should only sign players with no agents or agents the club has never dealt with before?

Let's not pretend we are unique here with regards to dodgy agents. Every club has to work with them. 

I understand that there has been dodgy board room stuff going on here since Venkys took over(I'm pretty sure they are oblivious to a lot of it) I have no doubt the likes of Jerome Anderson saw them as a big fat cash chicken(fits better than cow) but we have to sign players and the reality is the whole market is dodgy as hell. 

Interesting how you try to make the outrageous seem almost normal. No, nobody thinks we should only sign players with no agents etc.

The same applies to any other Strawman you intend to set up. It's only under Venkys though that the signings were determined by which agent the player was signed  up with rather  than whether he could play football or not.. It's under Venkys that agent fees went through the roof and, in at least one case the agent's fee was way higher than the transfer fee.

Whether you are sure Venkys were oblivious to it all and whether you have no doubt the likes of Jerome Anderson blah blah blah is of no interest to me. Like most Rovers fans I formed my opinion of them years ago and know we will not prosper till they have gone.

Once upon a time the manager decided which players he wanted to do a job for Rovers and the admin were there to assist him. Not like that anymore is it?

So stop trying to tangle us all up in this gluey, amorphous drivel you have been serving up for days. I'm certain you are trolling so I'll put you on ignore. 

8 minutes ago, 47er said:

Interesting how you try to make the outrageous seem almost normal. No, nobody thinks we should only sign players with no agents etc.

The same applies to any other Strawman you intend to set up. It's only under Venkys though that the signings were determined by which agent the player was signed  up with rather  than whether he could play football or not.. It's under Venkys that agent fees went through the roof and, in at least one case the agent's fee was way higher than the transfer fee.

Whether you are sure Venkys were oblivious to it all and whether you have no doubt the likes of Jerome Anderson blah blah blah is of no interest to me. Like most Rovers fans I formed my opinion of them years ago and know we will not prosper till they have gone.

Once upon a time the manager decided which players he wanted to do a job for Rovers and the admin were there to assist him. Not like that anymore is it?

So stop trying to tangle us all up in this gluey, amorphous drivel you have been serving up for days. I'm certain you are trolling so I'll put you on ignore. 

Well said.

8 hours ago, 47er said:

Post of the week. Should be pinned so that all newbies know where the start blocks are.

We have had it up to the back teeth with apologists "giving them the benefit of the doubt" when that shipped sailed away at the same time that the pilot episode of Project Relegation failed and the kept the imposter on to finish the job.

I'm convinced that Men In Black is a documentary.

10 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Im Now convinced you work for venkys

Can't think of any other explanation for such a mind-numbingly blinkered approach. Funny how Bigdoggsteel crawls out of the mud shortly after the appointment of another unspeakably bent 'figurehead' at the club, one whose own influence leads to the local rag electing to publish (hah) a nauseating pile of crap about how old meat heed (the drink driving lying conniving shite) had it so rough here.

Plant. No.. I take that back. Weed.

Someone pass the weedkiller ffs!

And yes, I appear to have crawled out of the woodwork myself, but appearances can be deceptive, as I am in fact one of the original posters on the board (Wild Irish Rover) back to wreak vengeance on those who have dismantled my interest in my local club.

There was one knocking around not long after Cheston was over promoted who looked a bit out of place shall we say even by a so called 'clapper' standard. Soon disappeared never to be seen again when the season quickly went down hill from the start. 

Very much along the lines of this latest one. Maybe just one of a completely different opinion and there's a few on here who are but to be fair non are bordering on WUMs.

1 minute ago, Disenfranchised said:

Can't think of any other explanation for such a mind-numbingly blinkered approach. Funny how Bigdoggsteel crawls out of the mud shortly after the appointment of another unspeakably bent 'figurehead' at the club, one whose own influence leads to the local rag electing to publish (hah) a nauseating pile of crap about how old meat heed (the drink driving lying conniving shite) had it so rough here.

And yes, I appear to have crawled out of the woodwork myself, but appearances can be deceptive, as I am in fact one of the original posters on the board (Wild Irish Rover) back to wreak vengeance on those who have dismantled my interest in my local club.

Not sticking up for Big Dog here etc but he was on the official board when i posted there pre-venkys.

If memory serves me right he had some simpsons character as his advatar? 

You have to realise we have fans on this board with "Alternative Views" who've seen everything posted daily and information etc. Big Dogg Hasn't unless i'm mistaken. 

Fair enough, but there is something distasteful about the spin his posts put on the pain we've endured and the continuing tightening of the noose as we are asphyxiated between dumb of Pune and dumber of SW10. Can't quite put my finger on it, but I have seen a lot of folk come and go over the years on this MB, and he just seems a 'wrong-un'.

Happy to be proved wrong though!

Just now, Disenfranchised said:

Fair enough, but there is something distasteful about the spin his posts put on the pain we've endured and the continuing tightening of the noose as we are asphyxiated between dumb of Pune and dumber of SW10. Can't quite put my finger on it, but I have seen a lot of folk come and go over the years on this MB, and he just seems a 'wrong-un'.

Happy to be proved wrong though!

I've only read a few and i have a different view to Big Dogg! 

Nice to see new posters about in my eyes, everyone has an opinion and of course sometimes that can even change.

And no I've not even touched a drop this evening!

Just now, Disenfranchised said:

In that case - welcome back.

Archived