SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Sporting Director Rumour

TBTF

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, had.e.nuff said:

I think some on here would not sign anyone who has an agent but I am afraid most modern day players  have agents

This issue is not the influence of agents over players (although it is an issue). It's the alleged influence of those same agents over Blackburn Rovers FC.

The perception of the club, by the fans, has to be that everyone who works there has, as it's main priority: success on the football pitch and solvency.

As much as anything else the Kean/Venkys era has shattered that perception and they have done absolutely nothing to try to change it back.

29 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

Well to be fair in six years you've not moved an inch on any of your current standing so I'm not surprised in the slightest to see such strange comments like this.

Personally I'd be especially concerned at any agent links under this corrupt regime especially when you take in the quoted below;

Taken from Glens Blog.

Surely everyone knows about this now? I find it hard to believe that posters on here do not know what has gone on, according to GM's blog. What next, who is Glen Mullan?

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I didn't realise that not knowing who Matt is means I cannot discuss any rovers topic. Is that in the message board guidelines?

This is why I said, are we going to need to go through the entire last 6 years with you. ("No, you're alright")

It's also why 'seasoned posters' (as now sarcastically named) are like they are. Lots and lots of muddy water under the bridge.

Eventually everyone gets to the "that's outrageous" point but we have to go through the same routine with each newbie. I'll be honest, it's exhausting and makes for tiring reading. Especially because the newbies won't give anyone the benefit of the doubt.

Just now, Stuart said:

This is why I said, are we going to need to go through the entire last 6 years with you. ("No, you're alright")

It's also why 'seasoned posters' (as now sarcastically named) are like they are. Lots and lots of muddy water under the bridge.

Eventually everyone gets to the "that's outrageous" point but we have to go through the same routine with each newbie. I'll be honest, it's exhausting and makes for tiring reading. Especially because the newbies won't give anyone the benefit of the doubt.

The phone call was hot topic last week. A number of posters said that "irrefutable evidence" would be along in the coming days,to prove the call is indeed legit. There has been nothing. Excuse me for not just believing people on a message board with absolutely no proof of what they are saying ,other than other (seasoned) members who back them in a ganging up,shouting down and accusatory manner.

It seems you can't even ask a question on here without being accused of being A- a Venkys spy or B- a simpleton who is not in "the know". The sensitivity of some posters to having their point of view challenged is interesting ,to say the least. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

The phone call was hot topic last week. A number of posters said that "irrefutable evidence" would be along in the coming days,to prove the call is indeed legit. There has been nothing. Excuse me for not just believing people on a message board with absolutely no proof of what they are saying ,other than other (seasoned) members who back them in a ganging up,shouting down and accusatory manner.

It seems you can't even ask a question on here without being accused of being A- a Venkys spy or B- a simpleton who is not in "the know". The sensitivity of some posters to having their point of view challenged is interesting ,to say the least. 

You don't need to believe it.

In any case, I don't expect anyone is out there frantically pulling together irrefutable proof because some anonymous bloke on the internet using the alias bigdogsteel won't believe it otherwise.

14 minutes ago, Stuart said:

You don't need to believe it.

In any case, I don't expect anyone is out there frantically pulling together irrefutable proof because some anonymous bloke on the internet using the alias bigdogsteel won't believe it otherwise.

Although a number of posters did say that they there would be evidence.

Doesn't matter anyway. Apparently not everybody likes to have evidence before getting whipped into a frenzy and that is their choice. 

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I didn't realise that not knowing who Matt is means I cannot discuss any rovers topic. Is that in the message board guidelines?

No and nor does it say anything about being deliberately obtuse but please carry on till you get banned for being a general loon.

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Perhaps some of us have seen/heard proof but cannot disclose in public out of respect for those who may lose their jobs or be legally compromised. 

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I don't see any reference at that link

It's a blog, read through them and find out. I assume you're an adult, you don't need spoon feeding.

I mean, being a Rovers fan all I would need to do is read the the top paragraph on the main page and that would instantly make me want to read on. So read on.

4 minutes ago, donnermeat said:

It's a blog, read through them and find out. I assume you're an adult, you don't need spoon feeding.

I mean, being a Rovers fan all I would need to do is read the the top paragraph on the main page and that would instantly make me want to read on. So read on.

I have read bits and pieces of his stuff before. A bit too grim a read to go through it all again. 

I just asked who Matt is/was. Someone answered. Cheers. 

9 hours ago, Dunnfc said:

Not just players but managers too. I seem to recall big Sam saying getting in with agencies and taking the cuts of players and ways round 3rd parties. 

It's not just rovers affected by this. Anyone care to guess who represents Mowbray?

Yes managers and coaches also heres to the government sorting this part of our game out .

12 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Who do you reckon was the last player we signed worth the match day ticket price on his own.

Probably not since Mark Hughes days in charge have we had those types of players. 

We have Holiett, Dunn and Rochina with the odd monent of brillant. But nothing compare to Tugay or Roque..or even Pedersen great volley..

Best 3 players Ive ever seen at Ewood Park were Tugay, Shearer and Freidal. 

Celtic defender Efe Ambrose will not be coming to Blackburn on loan because of work permit issues, says Rovers new head coach Tony Mowbray.

Blackburn tried to sign the 28-year-old Nigerian on transfer deadline day but there were issues with the work permit.

He is now back in Scotland and has returned to training with Celtic.

"I think the football club have worked really hard behind the scenes to make that happen, but it is not going to be happening," said Mowbray.

He told BBC Radio Lancashire: "I spoke to the boy and enjoyed his company as he is a football guy but he understood the situation - it was very, very difficult for us to get a work permit for him.

"It is potentially five, six or seven weeks out which takes a lot of games out. Whether we address it again, we will see."

That last line leads me to think "Senior" calls the shots on signings. Meanwhile Ambrose has gone to Hibs.

Looking at Facebook, there is a Supporters Advisory Group meeitng taking place at Ewood on the 30th March.

The fans attending have already been appointed. Any ideas on who from the club will be attending? I assume Rob Coar will be bound and gagged this time?

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Looking at Facebook, there is a Supporters Advisory Group meeitng taking place at Ewood on the 30th March.

The fans attending have already been appointed. Any ideas on who from the club will be attending? I assume Rob Coar will be bound and gagged this time?

That's after the deadline for admin (= points deductions this season). Should be an interesting meeting.

Anyone know which/how fans were selected? FF?

54 minutes ago, Stuart said:

That's after the deadline for admin (= points deductions this season). Should be an interesting meeting.

Anyone know which/how fans were selected? FF?

That was my thoughts given the bi-annual meeting is around 16th of March right?

1 hour ago, Jimbo2 said:

only the other week Senior allegedly put out a PR interview via facebook with a "fan" when he came "into the box".

work permit a formality done by Monday

of course this was PR lies planted on social media by Senior

They were never getting any work permit due to an ongoing immigration investigation with regards Suhail Shaikh.

Now the lies is out but strangely Senior is nowhere to be seen or heard

The other lie is we will not go into Administration.

Now the Utd pay day has passed I wonder how they will pay the March wages?

Where are you getting this information from? 

Archived