Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Sporting Director Rumour

TBTF

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

From a Fan on facebook who spoken to Paul Senior at today game

So Paul Senior came into the box to speak to the fans earlier. I asked him the following,

Given our current league form when does Coyle's position become untenable? I also emphasised the fact that the vast majority of fans have given him a chance but want him gone. 

His response was he speaks to the owners on a daily basis and will be speaking to the them after the match regardless of the result. He advised that the current league position is a cause for concern and (with reference to Coyle) performances and therefore the managerial role are being continually reviewed. (My own personal view is that it felt as though Senior does not back Coyle). 

I asked him what would happen at the end of the season if we were relegated. 

He advised that he has a plan for the summer in terms off releasing some players out of contract and stated that some of the loan signings we made last summer wouldn't have happened had he been here then. Interestingly he did say that some of the players out of contract in the summer are on higher wages than the likes of Forestieti, Bannan, and Wallace at Sheffield Wednesday and he has a plan to reform the squad and will be able to do so, as he did at Charlton, with the funds that are available from releasing some of these players. He said he only wanted to keep three of those out of contract in the summer. 

I stated how unpopular Venky's are and what they plan to do in terms of the club if we are relegated, I asked him particularly about administration. 

He said that administration would not happen even if we were relegated and he wouldn't have joined the club if that was being considered. He advised they have a commitment to the club and that they have appointed him to have all but financial autonomy within the club with a plan to turn things round. 

I asked him about Ambrose, he said that the work permit situation was a formality and he spoke to the Home Office before we attempted to sign him, they advised of the process, and we should hear something on Monday. 

He wouldn't be drawn on individuals within the current squad, but did say we are lacking leaders, to which I said Mulgrew should be captain and he smiled. 

Personally I'm still undecided on the bloke but give him his due you could literally ask him anything and he appeared to answer as frankly as he could.

On the face of it this seems fair enough. My initial reaction was Oh OK...

But now I read 10 times and think for myself...

Off Facebook doesnt mean it necessarily IS a fan.

came into the box ? 

actually it seems too false and doesnt actually say anything.

It smacks of the same propoganda format as seniors recent clearly "staged" interviews.

It is funny that it goes one by one through the key points fans are thinking about finishing with Senior himself as though to make him look like the good guy / saviour.

It looks like Senior has put this out as PR propoganda. 100%

No question about Pasha !!

funny that

Senior is chief puppet on the football side.

Cheston is finance puppet.

both speak to owners via pasha so of course he speaks to them every day. He speaks to Pasha.

13 minutes ago, AndyW said:

That is scary!  Out of a squad of 24, there are 11 whose contract expires before July this year.  2 of the remaining are goal keepers, so we have 12 players for start of next season.

senior wasnt kidding when he said there will be a restructuring in summer.  It's happening regardless of division, unless we promote the entire U23 squad

• Backroom
Just now, Grez said:

Out of a squad of 24, there are 11 whose contract expires before July this year.  2 of the remaining are goal keepers, so we have 12 players for start of next season.

Is that a Sunday morning brainteaser?

Cos it's got my head spinning.  

14 minutes ago, Grez said:

That is scary!  Out of a squad of 24, there are 11 whose contract expires before July this year.  2 of the remaining are goal keepers, so we have 12 players for start of next season.

senior wasnt kidding when he said there will be a restructuring in summer.  It's happening regardless of division, unless we promote the entire U23 squad

Kenny Senior, another SEM/Kentaro/Crescendo stooge. Can't wait to meet him at the next stakeholders/partners meeting hosted by JA at Northcote Manor.

8 minutes ago, AndyW said:

On the face of it this seems fair enough. My initial reaction was Oh OK...

But now I read 10 times and think for myself...

Off Facebook doesnt mean it necessarily IS a fan.

came into the box ? 

actually it seems too false and doesnt actually say anything.

It smacks of the same propoganda format as seniors recent clearly "staged" interviews.

It is funny that it goes one by one through the key points fans are thinking about finishing with Senior himself as though to make him look like the good guy / saviour.

It looks like Senior has put this out as PR propoganda. 100%

No question about Pasha !!

funny that

Senior is chief puppet on the football side.

Cheston is finance puppet.

both speak to owners via pasha so of course he speaks to them every day. He speaks to Pasha.

Now this guy gets it.

Pretty amazing how "they" appointed Senior just after Pashas face appeared online along with questions about his visa.

Or maybe Mr Senior was another outstanding candidate...

7 minutes ago, Grez said:

If Gallagher is available for 425k then sign him up B)

17 minutes ago, Grez said:

The playing squad needs massive improving. Last summer recruitment wasnt good enough. Only 5 or 6 out of 13 players signed were good or decent signings

The questions on your lips and senior walks in and says hi ask me anything... followed by smarmy grin

I just cant see any fan asking about Ambrose.

This Pasha bloke....

no no no please take that out

Paul that fella who sits next to you every game... Suhail Pasha

What is his exact role at the club?

Where does he figure in the chain of command ?

Do you report to him like Mike Cheston ?

So he is in effect the MD ?

Who pays his salary ? BRFC or VLL or other ?

Does he have a work permit ?

When will he sit in front of fans to be questioned ?

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

The playing squad needs massive improving. Last summer recruitment wasnt good enough. Only 5 or 6 out of 13 players signed were good or decent signings

Factor in their fitness levels and that number is reduced even more. After all it's irrelevant how good a player is if they can't get on the pitch.

18 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Playing squads rarely improve when they are getting dumbed down and the budget is reduced.

Correct. Chaddy is looking forward to the squad "rebuilding", but I fear he's thinking down the wrong lines.

1 hour ago, AndyW said:

IMG_0106.JPG

Pasha's ears remind me of the first zombie you ever encounter in the original Resident Evil game.

Funnily enough, that zombie was sucking what little life remained out of a rotten corpse as well.

9 minutes ago, den said:

Correct. Chaddy is looking forward to the squad "rebuilding", but I fear he's thinking down the wrong lines.

At Rovers it's been like pulling down your natural stone cottage and rebuilding it with second hand red bricks but now it's being pulled down again to be rebuilt in lego.

No idea what next, cartdboard maybe ?

I did post after his appointment that i'd been reading some stuff by Charlton fans and they were moaning how a few academy lads had been let go a while back and were now moving about for a few quid between other clubs. Seniors name popped up in that particular cost cutting exercise.

Just like Cheston before him if he is finding ways of cutting the wage bill and costs to curry favour with Pune he won't give a stuff how it's done.

Just now, JAL said:

Will he only sign players attached to his and fellow associate agencies judging by the Joao deal.

If that's the case we are back to square one.

2 hours ago, Al said:

If that's the case we are back to square one.

For associates you've got Raya Nyambe and Lowe to name three then I read Nixon who's in with the agents claim that Moyes who's brother is an associate looking at Sam Gallagher when its Rovers who should be signing him.

The clubs stitched up !

Archived