BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Sporting Director Rumour

TBTF

Just now, JHRover said:

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/15066348.Paul_Senior__January_transfer_window____not_a_time_to_do_major_surgery____for_Blackburn_Rovers/

Have the Telegraph inadvertently let the cat out of the bag by photographing and publishing Pasha's face for the first time?

Expect to see that photo removed/edited later today.

Could be interesting...

The following quote from Senior is also somewhat questionable:

“I think that we have secured some good players that will add value to the squad for the second half of the season.”

We havn't actually signed anyone so in terms of economic worth (squad value) it is incorrect. If by "value" he means that the average cost per body has gone down by shipping out Marshall, loaning out Wharton (instead of giving him a new contract) then we gain a deeper understanding of what his remit actuall is...

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Grez said:

When I last looked at FFP guidelines for L1 they are different to Championship.  Owners can put in whatever money they like in L1 as it can be considered part of turnover.  The only rule is that wages cannot exceed 75% of turnover.  So if we got relegated and restructured with a new team ready for promotion back to Championship they could do so without penalty if Venkys put a load of money in (Its is there after all for the rright player and the right price!)

From listening to the interview, Paul Senior definitely says "my job as Director of Football" when discussing Marshall's exit.  Does this mean that Coyle works for him?

33 minutes ago, klc_2012 said:

This would explain the change of plans after the Lambert adventure and why our manager ping pong coach is not under pressure. Reboot in League 1 with a fraction of the wages, lower operating costs (we won't need Riverside or the Darwen End for most games) and any investment (say 0,5 million) will have a greater effect.

Compare that to keeping our best players, "funding" a loss of 20million and giving Lambert (or someone else) Another x million in the transfer market to try and reach the playoffs... Perhaps wrong thread but this way they keep the 100 odd million on the Company balance sheet as a form of loan whilst elimininating any further costs. Sadly think administration is a pipe dream unless the BOI or Indian Finances Body (don't know what it is) questions the VHL balance sheet.

Gents, I posted a few weeks ago concerning the FFP ruling and the benefactor funding which Grez alludes to and the 60% of wage cost against income which I think klc means.

To briefly run through the wages, our last accounts (2015) spend was 129%+ (=28.2M) which included Hanley, Duffy, Kilgallon and 6 months of Rhodes. However also included was the last series of payments from relegation circa 6 million which you could probably say almost partially weigh each other off and produced a turnover figure of 21.8 M. Given the accounts are based on 14.1k average attendance for this period. Our income figure (21.8) is compromised of the below figures;

Media - 13.1 million

Commercial - 3.7 milion

Match day - 5million

Our attendance now is sub 10k so deducting a reasonable 1.5 million from this produces a 3.5 million figure for the L1 our Championship campaign, our media payments are 6 million light currently whilst in the championship we will earn approx. 7 million and for L1 the figure is around 4million. Commercially I would say over the last few years has seen a 70% continuing the decrease In advertising and sponsorship so for the interests of being fair i'l take 15% estimate of the 3.7 million producing for next year a probable 3.1 million only. That's an income of 10.6 Million at best for league one which is consistent with Bristol City in there last L1 campaign. We have no players other than Nyambe and Maloney who do not count (U-21) towards FFP exemption in L1 next year so that wage bill currently approx. 20million has to suddenly become 6 million (60% of turnover) or we will be under an embargo, cash flows submitted to EFL are quarterly and they do check. More details can be found here  - http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/scmp.php

In the interests of the benefactor ruling please see the actual rule;

From a traditional accounting perspective, there are only three elements of turnover: 

• Match-day Income 
  • Commercial Income (such as sponsorship) 
  • TV revenue (and any 'merit payments' based on league position)

The Football League have confirmed that their definition is broader definition of Turnover than is usually used. Crucially, the FL Turnover figure includes donations from the owners to the club and injections of equity. Although loans from club owners are understandably not included in the Turnover figure, the inclusion of cash injections from the owner is particularly interesting. In League 1 and League 2, a wealthy owner can fund the club spending in a way that is not permitted in other divisions. Manchester City and Leicester for example seem set for punishment for their excessive losses (from UEFA and the Championship respectively) despite the fact that the owners have injected hard cash into the club to finance the spending - an approach that is permitted in League 1 and 2.

So that means any exiting arrangement like there is in the form of inter company loans and bank borrowing is strictly prohibited, bluntly the EFL will only allow just cold hard cash being handed over without raising new shares and diluting current stakes. Lets have a look at the share position currently;

(See Publication 1 Enc.)

So to date capital continuation i.e the shares which actually have been paid for and bought stands at 15.8 million TO DATE! I need to go through years of accounts now to just see if any of this 102 million has actually been paid for or whether it's just sat there being owed to someone as a debt and BRFC left funding the interest on it currently.

Benefactor rule - http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/latest-news/the-benefactor-model-permitted-in-league-1-and-2

Dunnfc

Publication1.jpg

58 minutes ago, JHRover said:

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/15066348.Paul_Senior__January_transfer_window____not_a_time_to_do_major_surgery____for_Blackburn_Rovers/

Have the Telegraph inadvertently let the cat out of the bag by photographing and publishing Pasha's face for the first time?

Expect to see that photo removed/edited later today.

Interesting reading in the comments section. After 6 years of selling big, loaning small, some fans still think it's the way forward.

i don't mean to be personal or horrible to anyone, but some folk are as thick as two short planks.

4 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

Gents, I posted a few weeks ago concerning the FFP ruling and the benefactor funding which Grez alludes to and the 60% of wage cost against income which I think klc means.

To briefly run through the wages, our last accounts (2015) spend was 129%+ (=28.2M) which included Hanley, Duffy, Kilgallon and 6 months of Rhodes. However also included was the last series of payments from relegation circa 6 million which you could probably say almost partially weigh each other off and produced a turnover figure of 21.8 M. Given the accounts are based on 14.1k average attendance for this period. Our income figure (21.8) is compromised of the below figures;

Media - 13.1 million

Commercial - 3.7 milion

Match day - 5million

Our attendance now is sub 10k so deducting a reasonable 1.5 million from this produces a 3.5 million figure for the L1 our Championship campaign, our media payments are 6 million light currently whilst in the championship we will earn approx. 7 million and for L1 the figure is around 4million. Commercially I would say over the last few years has seen a 70% continuing the decrease In advertising and sponsorship so for the interests of being fair i'l take 15% estimate of the 3.7 million producing for next year a probable 3.1 million only. That's an income of 10.6 Million at best for league one which is consistent with Bristol City in there last L1 campaign. We have no players other than Nyambe and Maloney who do not count (U-21) towards FFP exemption in L1 next year so that wage bill currently approx. 20million has to suddenly become 6 million (60% of turnover) or we will be under an embargo, cash flows submitted to EFL are quarterly and they do check. More details can be found here  - http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/scmp.php

In the interests of the benefactor ruling please see the actual rule;

So that means any exiting arrangement like there is in the form of inter company loans and bank borrowing is strictly prohibited, bluntly the EFL will only allow just cold hard cash being handed over without raising new shares and diluting current stakes. Lets have a look at the share position currently;

(See Publication 1 Enc.)

So to date capital continuation i.e the shares which actually have been paid for and bought stands at 15.8 million TO DATE! I need to go through years of accounts now to just see if any of this 102 million has actually been paid for or whether it's just sat there being owed to someone as a debt and BRFC left funding the interest on it currently.

Benefactor rule - http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/latest-news/the-benefactor-model-permitted-in-league-1-and-2

Dunnfc

Publication1.jpg

Great post... in a nutshell they need to "Show us the money"... (someone else can put the cuba Golding jr. Clip in

21 minutes ago, Grez said:

Great post... in a nutshell they need to "Show us the money"... (someone else can put the cuba Golding jr. Clip in

So to date the only thing I see what they've put in to the club in 5 years is 15 million, will review all accounts to see if injections have been made but I somehow doubt that given we are taking 14% year long loans for 5 million out. Funnily enough the interest on the 102 figure of what we've been paying interest against in the last few years covers quite a bit of that. So certainly begs your question of show us the money and just simply "Have you got any money"?

So Parson and Rev don't think we need them to pay the bills... We just need a clean start and new owners and a structure in place.

Few accountants on here so I'm sure they'll have posted to date and explain things far better than I could!

Bullshi,,t Man mk2 strikes again in the Lancashire Venkygraph. I particular like how he infers money was available but all they could muster were goalshy Emnes, a plantpot from Sheff Wed and a walking disaster from Celtic on loan (which we should all pray falls through)....which make a mockery of “I think that we have secured some good players that will add value to the squad for the second half of the season.” They aren't our players you total div !!!!!!!!!!!!! I suppose the summer is the best time to buy players to stave off relegation............ahhh hang on.......DOH!.............£12,000,000 OUT £250,000 IN

Just now, Tom said:

Pasha has now been cropped from the picture on the LT article 

Unfortunately the current subject in question may or may not be the subject of a home office investigation.

Along with that wife/gf he lives with.

And he was doing so well.

Long live Pasha ehy.

Please stop and think

Pasha holds ALL the power

He pulls all the strings

He is the snakes throat

Body in Blackburn

Head in India

Time to cut the throat and kill the snake

He needs to be taken out ASAP

Just now, AndyW said:

Please stop and think

Pasha holds ALL the power

He pulls all the strings

He is the snakes throat

Body in Blackburn

Head in India

Time to cut the throat and kill the snake

He needs to be taken out ASAP

i did hear on social media he was now the subject of investigation, hope not like as he was doing such a smasha sorry sacha of a job.

Would have thought we complied with the UK employement laws and act rights of 1996 in this country?

5 hours ago, den said:

Interesting reading in the comments section. After 6 years of selling big, loaning small, some fans still think it's the way forward.

i don't mean to be personal or horrible to anyone, but some folk are as thick as two short planks.

The trick is to treat them with respect Den even though they are as thick as 2 short planks!

No just sit back and laugh, there they are running

5 hours ago, den said:

The trick is to treat them with respect Den even though they are as thick as 2 short planks!

in a state of panic for next season with a 10% chance of pulling the next scam stage off.

Relax lads... Fight for the future ... that's what you can change.

5 hours ago, den said:

Den,  a lot of Rovers fans are as fick as pig sh!t. 

Paul Senior is a paid mercenary

His job is singular

Take all public attention away from Pasha

He is a complete nobody with no power

Ignore Senior

Ignore Coyle

Ignore Cheston

Pasha is THE ONE

Just now, AndyW said:

Paul Senior is a paid mercenary

His job is singular

Take all public attention away from Pasha

He is a complete nobody with no power

Ignore Senior

Ignore Coyle

Ignore Cheston

Pasha is THE ONE

You have to ask Andy are "there dark forces at work here" Jerome i fuc11ing do tantric Anderson"

Archived