BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Sporting Director Rumour

TBTF

Why oh why did these fools not back Lambert. A real manager with a plan and ambition.

Why oh why did the same fools not back Allardyce, or even John Williams?

For £5m per season they could now be rolling in cash.

What's that expression about "a fool and his money"...?

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've only just read the LT interview with Senior.

Did he really say the owners are making sure the club is "financially Solvable"? I presume he meant Solvent - but even then that means having more assets than liabilities which is probably not the case. However, could have been a Freudian slip and he's been asked to solve the financial problems.

He then went on to talk about preventing administration which would be a 'vulnerable compromise position' - You don't say !

So administration must have been discussed when he was appointed and must be a real possibility

so he's obviously been tasked with more cost cutting and little else.

I've only just read the LT interview with Senior.

Did he really say the owners are making sure the club is "financially Solvable"? I presume he meant Solvent - but even then that means having more assets than liabilities which is probably not the case. However, could have been a Freudian slip and he's been asked to solve the financial problems.

He then went on to talk about preventing administration which would be a 'vulnerable compromise position' - You don't say !

So administration must have been discussed when he was appointed and must be a real possibility

so he's obviously been tasked with more cost cutting and little else.

Said it all along, he's here to get an extra few hundred grand out of the Marshall sale, and maybe anyone else we can shift on.

Said it all along, he's here to get an extra few hundred grand out of the Marshall sale, and maybe anyone else we can shift on.

He has made a great start to putting himself up there with the biggest d1ckheads Venkys have ever employed....... not bad considering the very stiff competition he is up against

Well he'd best be careful or we'll get nowt.

Been reported that Wolves might wait until Summer.

All part of the grand scheme in play here.

Wolves or whoever else will crank up the pressure a few notches as we enter the final week of the window.

All this hot air about Venkys holding out for £2 million is a load of nonsense invented by people to try and convince supporters that we're being adequately compensated for Marshall when the reality is he'll be going for a nominal fee. No club will be offering multi-millions for him when he's on a free in 5 months.

Obviously if Rovers fans think he's sold for £100k then there would be more anger as we sell one of our few remaining decent players for next to nothing in the midst of a relegation scrap, however convince people indirectly through the media that we've had a few million and most would feel that the cash is too good to turn down and the deal had to be done.

It was always the case that he would be sold in the dying stages of the transfer window. Wolves don't need to rush. Rovers are the ones who stand to lose money so expect to see Venkys and Senior soften their stance in the coming days before he is swiftly moved on for an undisclosed fee, conveniently leaving us with no time to make decent signings the other way except maybe one of Coyle's trio that he's been after for ages.

• Backroom

I hope we don't sell Marshall and let him leave for free in the summer.

2 reasons...

1) Don't want to line Venkys pockets.

2) He appears to not give a damn about biting the hand that feeds him.

Why oh why did the same fools not back Allardyce, or even John Williams?

For £5m per season they could now be rolling in cash.

What's that expression about "a fool and his money"...?

3rd party ownership, brown envelopes and trips to the far east to do 'A talk'

Come to think of it he actually sounds right up Venkys street Stuart, why didn't they back him :rock:

He seems the only greedy dodgy swine they've not backed.

Well he'd best be careful or we'll get nowt.

Been reported that Wolves might wait until Summer.

Fingers crossed he's here til the season ends, then comes out with more comments about the club management similar to what he said after the Ipswich game.

• Backroom

I hope we don't sell Marshall and let him leave for free in the summer.

2 reasons...

1) Don't want to line Venkys pockets.

2) He appears to not give a damn about biting the hand that feeds him.

IF he's not sold, we should try and get him onside re: protests.

Chanting for him when he's out of favour, that kind of thing.

How strange, does anyone know why it has been removed?

I watched it before it was removed.

I was unimpressed and felt Senior came across as far too smug. In my opinion, just another one on the gravy train.

If the video was taken from Rovers TV, then it would be taken down for copyright reasons. There is a video interview with Senior on Rovers TV at the moment.

I thought it was on the official Rovers youtube channel and tweeted by the official Rovers twitter account (that tweet has dissapeared as well), maybe they were to busy editing the Lancs Telegraph articles and put it on there by mistake instead of Rovers TV

For those that missed it , as a compensation here is a condensed 9 second clip of Senior

https://youtu.be/Qq7a4u3AbBo?t=10m9s

I'm fairly sure the version I watched yesterday was via Rovers Youtube site. It seems quite strange why they would select this specific video to remove because it isn't there now.

I suppose one explanation could be that the video was intended to be initially available only to Rovers Player subscribers and was accidentally released to everyone as a free video.

The alternative could be that Mr Senior disclosed something during his interview that someone higher up the food chain wasn't happy with him disclosing. Maybe it was his fairy tale story about when he was Director of Football at Sheffield Wednesday and responsible for them being where they are today which I'm pretty sure isn't true. Maybe it was his admission that other people speak to the owners on a daily basis which doesn't really tally with what Coyle and Cheston have been saying about only mystery man Pasha having access to the owners and not being able to get answers on transfers. Maybe it was his announcement that money is available for transfers if the right player crops up.

Another who couldn't give a straight answer as to how he got the job and who gave it to him. When Alan Myers got the job he said Mr Venky phoned him and asked him if he fancied it.

Since then no one seems to know who appointed them or if they've actually met or spoke to a member of the 4 Rao's who's name is on the ownership papers.

Absolute mirage.

i watched yesterday on the rovers site

i havent subscribed

i would never do that

it was the only free video which played

the highlights etc asked you to subscribe

senior interview played

must be because it is clearly scripted propoganda bull sheet

watch his smarmy smirk after every answer

false as ferk !!

• 2 weeks later...

The  minutes of the  17 Jan 2017 Fans Forum  re Senior:

"Paul Senior was welcomed to the meeting as the new Director of Football. Rovers was his 6th club after work at Crystal Palace, Tottenham, West Ham, Charlton and Sheffield Wednesday. He had worked with 20 different managers, players in 80 different countries, had signed 200 players and subsequent sales had made £200m of profit. 

Paul would be responsible for all football matters at the club including the first team and academy. Whilst Owen Coyle and his team would report to Paul he accepted that he could not do his job without very close co-operation with Owen and he had every faith in his abilities as a manager. 

TS asked what plans PS had for the January transfer window. PS replied that he was in talks with a number of players but that there was a process to go through with both departures and arrivals. 

TS asked whether PS was aware of the current protests by fans against the club’s owners. PS stated that the club would go into immediate administration without the current support of the owners. He accepted that of course better results on the pitch would help the situation. He was confident that the team would climb the Cha mpionship....".

He is clearly running the show - not Coyley.

Archived