BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Sporting Director Rumour

TBTF

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he is running the show and if he is a real Director of Football then he will have the power to do two things. One is hire and fire managers and coaching staff, the other is recruit players which might cost transfer fees.

There's no evidence from his month in the post so far that he has the authority or ability to do either of those, which makes his position irrelevant.

I'd love to be wrong and like nothing more than him to axe Coyle and co. and bring in a competent manager. Somehow, like with Paul Hunt, Simon Hunt, Vineeth Rao, John Williams, Derek Shaw, Mike Cheston and all the rest of that collection of Chairman/CEOs/Directors over the years who couldn't do anything meaningful, I think Senior will be the same and will probably last a similar duration.

54 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

The problem is that everything has to authorised by Pune(Mrs D and Balaji) so even Senior has recommend sacking Coyle, Pune might have said no. Maybe even Pasha has recommend this but still be told the same thing. No. 

So what's the point in either of them being here? They're not much use unless they have executive powers over here without having to run everything past India.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

The problem is that everything has to authorised by Pune(Mrs D and Balaji) so even Senior has recommend sacking Coyle, Pune might have said no. Maybe even Pasha has recommend this but still be told the same thing. No. 

If i am not mistaken the two remaining directors of Blackburn Rovers are Venkatesh and Balaji I thought Mrs.D opted out. 

I wonder if Paul could clarify the 13 players he brought in at Sheff Weds.  Just that in the season 15/16 they spent around £14 mil.  Paying fees for most players.  If he only paid a fee for one (lets assume it was Joao shall we), what other players did he bring in? You can only assume they were mainly academy kids that were 'off the radar'. 

* they signed some decent players that year (Bannan, Forestieri, Hooper, McGugan etc)

His history is working at academy/youth level.  Perhaps he could confirm which players he recruited have contributed to this £200  million profit?

You can see why Venkys have gone for this guy hook, line and sinker.

If he can back it all up, we clearly have a wee gem on our hands.

https://audioboom.com/posts/5561439-blackburn-director-of-football-operations-paul-senior-on-rovers-transfer-window

Andy Bayes questioning Senior on the transfer window.

Staggering interview. Its pro Venkys propaganda at its worst. Bare faced lies.

Someone who is quick at typing needs to transcribe this.

His excitement at having players out of contract in the summer is incredible, what about being able to put a team out on the pitch.

Because MR & Mrs Senior probably work on a bit of commission as well so there are lots of cherries to pick this summer just like Anderson and co did after the last relegation/embargo etc.

A relegation or huge downgrade means % on all outs/ins and contract settlements he's involved in possibly. That's why he's here, excited and why he'll lie through his teeth until it's all done. He'll be gone by this time next year job done.

Just now, OJRovers said:

https://audioboom.com/posts/5561439-blackburn-director-of-football-operations-paul-senior-on-rovers-transfer-window

Andy Bayes questioning Senior on the transfer window.

Staggering interview. Its pro Venkys propaganda at its worst. Bare faced lies.

Someone who is quick at typing needs to transcribe this.

His excitement at having players out of contract in the summer is incredible, what about being able to put a team out on the pitch.

Denial at the highest level. 

Its very clear to me from that interview, that he doesn't understand the seriousness of the situation. 

1 hour ago, roverstdt said:

If i am not mistaken the two remaining directors of Blackburn Rovers are Venkatesh and Balaji I thought Mrs.D opted out. 

None of Venkys bunch are Rovers directors. 

Mr Deasi signs the last accounts off. 

Mrs D controls the Venkys money therefore she has the power. Balaji and Venkatesh dont have the control to the cash..

1 hour ago, Reidy You're a Star said:

So what's the point in either of them being here? They're not much use unless they have executive powers over here without having to run everything past India.

Eyes and ears of the owners. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

None of Venkys bunch are Rovers directors. 

Mr Deasi signs the last accounts off. 

Mrs D controls the Venkys money therefore she has the power. Balaji and Venkatesh dont have the control to the cash..

Eyes and ears of the owners. 

eyes and ears of who ???????? bazza and his cronies the real owners ????

Just now, tomphil said:

Because MR & Mrs Senior probably work on a bit of commission as well so there are lots of cherries to pick this summer just like Anderson and co did after the last relegation/embargo etc.

A relegation or huge downgrade means % on all outs/ins and contract settlements he's involved in possibly. That's why he's here, excited and why he'll lie through his teeth until it's all done. He'll be gone by this time next year job done.

and then it roles on again but further down until the ship completely sinks......

somehow as stupid as it sounds admin needs to be forced but how ??

Admin will force itself next year.

We simply will exasperate all working capital from obtained revenues against cost very quickly next year then with it being nigh on impossible for VLL to Loan Note/ Share Increase as per the FFP L1/L2 rules. That is why it really is shit or bust for them this year and is the exact reason I'm sat back relaxed watching it unfold.

Once this starts to happen, players don't get paid on time released to the press and FA then having to act, HMRC noticing we are one day late and issuing a WUP it's game on.

Funny thing is I think they actually realise all this hence the rushing around, Senior appointment and leaks in the press to shove as many out the door and cut wages now. With it being such a clusterfcuk at the minute I'd rate there chances of pulling it of at around 10%.

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Admin will force itself next year.

We simply will exasperate all working capital from obtained revenues against cost very quickly next year then with it being nigh on impossible for VLL to Loan Note/ Share Increase as per the FFP L1/L2 rules. That is why it really is shit or bust for them this year and is the exact reason I'm sat back relaxed watching it unfold.

Once this starts to happen, players don't get paid on time released to the press and FA then having to act, HMRC noticing we are one day late and issuing a WUP it's game on.

Funny thing is I think they actually realise all this hence the rushing around, Senior appointment and leaks in the press to shove as many out the door and cut wages now. With it being such a clusterfcuk at the minute I'd rate there chances of pulling it of at around 10%.

When I last looked at FFP guidelines for L1 they are different to Championship.  Owners can put in whatever money they like in L1 as it can be considered part of turnover.  The only rule is that wages cannot exceed 75% of turnover.  So if we got relegated and restructured with a new team ready for promotion back to Championship they could do so without penalty if Venkys put a load of money in (Its is there after all for the rright player and the right price!)

From listening to the interview, Paul Senior definitely says "my job as Director of Football" when discussing Marshall's exit.  Does this mean that Coyle works for him?

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Amarillo said:

What about lifelong Rover, Gandhi Babu?

As long as Gandhi "Blue and White" Babu is around I still hold a glimmer of hope. Hard to forget him dancing down the streets of Cardiff on the fateful Sunday on 2002, singing songs about Andy Cole and Matt Jansen. Good times.

Just now, Grez said:

When I last looked at FFP guidelines for L1 they are different to Championship.  Think that owners can put in whatever money they like in L1 as it can be considered part of turnover.

From listening to the interview, Paul Senior definitely says "my job as Director of Football" when discussing Marshall's exit.  Does this mean that Coyle works for him?

TBH after listening to that I don't think any manager would work for him

"Looking forwards to this summer, we have a number of opportunities, we have a number of players who potentially will be out of contract this summer, and there's some players who probably won't be best served in terms of meeting our needs for next season.The summer offers us great opportunities to do things differently to restructure the football club and forward plan."

When he says "restructure" essentially he means bring in more cheaper players for no fees.

This strategy will lead to relegation, whether that is this season or next that's for certain.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/15066348.Paul_Senior__January_transfer_window____not_a_time_to_do_major_surgery____for_Blackburn_Rovers/

Have the Telegraph inadvertently let the cat out of the bag by photographing and publishing Pasha's face for the first time?

Expect to see that photo removed/edited later today.

9 minutes ago, Grez said:

When I last looked at FFP guidelines for L1 they are different to Championship.  Owners can put in whatever money they like in L1 as it can be considered part of turnover.  The only rule is that wages cannot exceed 75% of turnover.  So if we got relegated and restructured with a new team ready for promotion back to Championship they could do so without penalty if Venkys put a load of money in (Its is there after all for the rright player and the right price!)

This would explain the change of plans after the Lambert adventure and why our manager ping pong coach is not under pressure. Reboot in League 1 with a fraction of the wages, lower operating costs (we won't need Riverside or the Darwen End for most games) and any investment (say 0,5 million) will have a greater effect.

Compare that to keeping our best players, "funding" a loss of 20million and giving Lambert (or someone else) Another x million in the transfer market to try and reach the playoffs... Perhaps wrong thread but this way they keep the 100 odd million on the Company balance sheet as a form of loan whilst elimininating any further costs. Sadly think administration is a pipe dream unless the BOI or Indian Finances Body (don't know what it is) questions the VHL balance sheet.

Archived