BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Sporting Director Rumour

TBTF

Exactly that. The main thrust of Seniors comments about transfers was that its all about getting value for money, not being held to ransom and getting players who will be assets to the club and retain value.

That all sounds very good and in a normal world I'd agree with it wholeheartedly.

A few problems with it though.

1) Virtually all the transfer business done since Gary Bowyer left has been recruiting older players with experience, basically none of which have or will increase in value as an asset to the club. Elliott Ward, Elliott Bennett, Wes Brown, Gordon Greer, Anthony Stokes and a reliance on loans which are of no financial use to the club

2) It is just over a year since they sacked a manager who was able to deliver on Senior's remit to perfection and keep the results coming. Not only did Bowyer make them millions on millions in transfer fees through his signings, but he also had the club in mid-table throughout, so no relegation risk. Their new appointment has spent his entire time at the helm with the club in the bottom 3 and other than Graham (Lambert's signing) and possibly Mulgrew none of his signings have increased in value or likely will do.

3) They then followed Bowyer's sacking by appointing two managers completely at odds with this new 'plan' claimed by Senior. If the aim of transfers was to get good value for money and assets for the club then two managers you don't appoint are Paul Lambert and Owen Coyle. Lambert is and always has been extremely ambitious and in a rush and will never prioritise individual player development over immediate results and aiming for promotion, whilst Coyle has no track record at all for developing young players or signing players who will develop over time.

Senior's interview leaves more questions than answers.

I wish you'd stop trying to re write recent history. I broke my boycott to watch Bowyers team at the beginning of last season. We were appalling, we had nothing. At the end of the game I turned around to my son and said - " I can't see there being three teams worse than this shower of @#/?, we're going down without a doubt this season ".

Nothing I saw from that moment until the moment they sacked Bowyer led me to change my mind. He would have taken us down last season just as surely as Coyle will take us down this season.

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish you'd stop trying to re write recent history. I broke my boycott to watch Bowyers team at the beginning of last season. We were appalling, we had nothing. At the end of the game I turned around to my son and said - " I can't see there being three teams worse than this shower of @#/?, we're going down without a doubt this season ".

Nothing I saw from that moment until the moment they sacked Bowyer led me to change my mind. He would have taken us down last season just as surely as Coyle will take us down this season.

My point is that under Bowyer both player development/values were higher and more importantly results were better than they are now.

It appears they are happy to sit back and do nothing as Coyle takes us into League One, yet they were willing to act when Bowyer had us 16th and we hadn't been in the bottom 3 all season. It might not have been pretty but we weren't in the drop zone and hadn't been all season.

That isn't attempting to re-write history. I've no problem if they sacked Bowyer due to results and I was delighted when they appointed Lambert, but it just doesn't stack up with what we're witnessing now.

We didn't go down and he did make millions from transfers.

We didn't go down and he did make millions from transfers.

He left before he could. I'm with Tyrone. Bowyer was/is not a Championship manager. He is a reasonable scout.

Watching Bowyer's football was the most frustrating period of the last 6 years, watching an attacking squad be held back with his overly cautious approach and squander our last chance of saving the club from its current fate. Before that it was anger at Kean, after that was utter apathy with Coyle. Bowyer's legacy us now having an inadequate yet undroppable captain.

And I know you don't want to picture it but balaji is tucked up in bed in India.

Or at some celeb bash

I know it... too many dont

Disco lights not green lights

Did I mention the 6 figure bonus Owen will get in May.

And the standout bit for me in otherwise heard it all before waffle was

'Working with partners, stakeholders and all interested parties to try and contribute to taking this football club forwards'

Rather interesting way to answer a question.

Wonder if fans are considered "interested parties"?

And I know you don't want to picture it but balaji is tucked up in bed in India.

Or at some celeb bash

I know it... too many dont

Disco lights not green lights

Did I mention the 6 figure bonus Owen will get in May.

He's in the Balaji Bar

Screw him another stooge, I'm nearly at the boycott point I think now

No other option in my view. Simply retracting your support is the most effective and stress free way of saying 'no more'. The lower the gates the more it will highlight their failings. People seriously need to stop funding this poisonous corpse of BRFC, it's a disgusting imitation of what it once was, the majority of fans will eventually come to this conclusion and boycott, i think its important that the more fans do it now the better.

I will always be a BRFC fan and we can analyse every aspect and complexity of our situation but there comes to a point where it's a simple case of right and wrong and supporting what is going on there is just plain wrong now.

Paul Senior has been in post long enough now to assess problems and report back to base to make the necessary changes.

In a normal football club situation this would be the case.

Paul senior is a joke appointment

Paul Senior interview: http://youtu.be/QJsZ9yBm96Q?a via @YouTube

he refers to Coyle has head coach not manager. so has Coyle job title change?

'Enabling and empowering' thought I'd stumbled into a gathering of middle managers on an away day.

Said nothing we've not heard a thousand times these last 6 years. However, since when did the 'owners' donate to Blackburn Cathedral? Thought that was Syed Ali?

'Enabling and empowering' thought I'd stumbled into a gathering of middle managers on an away day.

Said nothing we've not heard a thousand times these last 6 years. However, since when did the 'owners' donate to Blackburn Cathedral? Thought that was Syed Ali?

I'd heard that they had given a substantial amount of cash to the cathedral some time ago - I think not long after they took over at Ewood. Would fit in with the lunch at Ewood after the Queen's visit.

Archived