BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Sporting Director Rumour

TBTF

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope Senior is better at player negotiations then he is public relations!

What a crass statement to make. What a pillock. Another sycophantic yes man to further ruin the club.

Taking his direction from Cheston i'd imagine who sounds equally as nervous and out his depth in public.

my thoughts are

1. the guy likes talking about his achievements and what he has done. deffo can talk the talk.

2. for me, I think he wants Coyle out as manager and would like another manager in of his choice.

3. he is right that this squad should be higher up the league

4. there is no money to spend at the minute so basically Coyle get on with it and use the players we have and the academy players

5. I think he would like to be charge of signings if he was allowed and work with a head coach under

6. Venkys still have to make the decisions so no power to do owt unless they authorised it

Chaddy nothing was asked of note...another joker pal

I'm not asking the questions am I. I only posted the report. for god sake have a day off from having a daily dig

my thoughts are

1. the guy likes talking about his achievements and what he has done. deffo can talk the talk.

2. for me, I think he wants Coyle out as manager and would like another manager in of his choice.

4. there is no money to spend at the minute so basically Coyle get on with it and use the players we have and the academy players

5. I think he would like to be charge of signings if he was allowed and work with a head coach under

6. Venkys still have to make the decisions so no power to do owt unless they authorised it

I'm not asking the questions am I. I only posted the report. for god sake have a day off from having a daily dig

In that case I'm glad I didn't waste any more of my time listening to it. Thanks for sparing me the trouble.

I'm depressed enough as it is.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/15038603._My_role_will_be_to_help_move_the_club_forward____Q_A_with_Blackburn_Rovers_Director_of_Football_Operations_Paul_Senior/?action=success#comment_17742157

On his work at Sheff Wed: -

'I think it was a positive enhancement and enhanced my CV with what I had done before'

On his appointment at Rovers:-

'It was straightforward. The club had a defined gap, a capacity need at a strategic level'

On his knowledge of the Rao's:-

'You meet people on the circuit and you have conversations and build a rapport, but that’s only at service level'

He sounds ace, and not at all like a massive dullard. Imagine a meeting with him and Coyle where you just had to listen. For hours.

my thoughts are

If he gets Coyle out fair enough but he should be nowhere near suggesting transfer targets for a head coach. A pointless muppet who I only hope has been brought into "assess" Coyle.

Not sure why you started an argument at the end when Athlete's post was a fair comment and not a 'dig'.

'I think it was a positive enhancement and enhanced my CV with what I had done before'

'It was straightforward. The club had a defined gap, a capacity need at a strategic level'

'You meet people on the circuit and you have conversations and build a rapport, but that’s only at service level'

article-1326196131528-001ea88e00000258-1

Archived