BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Deadline day 2017 (no unrelated chat)

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I agree about Tomlinson, I think he could be banging on the first team door this season.

He's always looked neat and tidy on the ball and he can put his foot in. It's a year or two since I've seen him play but he looked a lot taller in pre-season so he's shot up. I'm amazed we are looking at another central midfielder when we have him in the ranks.

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, blueboy3333 said:

He's always looked neat and tidy on the ball and he can put his foot in. It's a year or two since I've seen him play but he looked a lot taller in pre-season so he's shot up. I'm amazed we are looking at another central midfielder when we have him in the ranks.

To be fair, Evans will get injured soon and Whittingham can't play in a two so is a waste of space, that leaves us with Smallwood and Tomlinson, not enough imo.

Just now, RV Blue said:

To be fair, Evans will get injured soon and Whittingham can't play in a two so is a waste of space, that leaves us with Smallwood and Tomlinson, not enough imo.

Mulgrew or Lenihan could step into midfield when needed if we where to bring in a centre half or two though.We desperately need reinforcements at the back.That should be the priority today and another striker 

If Tony is going to stick with 4-4-1-1 then we prob have enough strikers. At least to get us by until January.

Obviosuly if one is sold then they need replacing.

If Mulgrew and Leinhan stay and we add this guy from motherwell, then centre half and centre mid are set with enough options.

IMO that leaves us ideally a full back short and a winger. Ideally a winger with some pace.

Even more so a winger if we manage to offload the useless feeney

10 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Mulgrew or Lenihan could step into midfield when needed if we where to bring in a centre half or two though.We desperately need reinforcements at the back.That should be the priority today and another striker 

I don't understand the idea of unsettling the defence to cover for elsewhere, just get the right amount of cover in the first place!

An ideal day today for me is bringing in a centre half, bringing in a central midfielder, getting a fee for Graham, and bringing in another striker.

Just now, RV Blue said:

I don't understand the idea of unsettling the defence to cover for elsewhere, just get the right amount of cover in the first place!

An ideal day today for me is bringing in a centre half, bringing in a central midfielder, getting a fee for Graham, and bringing in another striker.

Depends on the quality of the midfielder being brought in,if it's a 17 year old from West Bromwich then no thanks.If this guy from Motherwell is any good then it could be him and Mulgrew at centre half with Lenihan in midfield

12 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Depends on the quality of the midfielder being brought in,if it's a 17 year old from West Bromwich then no thanks.If this guy from Motherwell is any good then it could be him and Mulgrew at centre half with Lenihan in midfield

I've never really liked Lenihan in midfield to be honest, the guy will play a lot even if he's third choice as Lenihan and Mulgrew won't keep fit all season.

8 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Amazing how widely different what people would like to see today. So far I have read, full backs, centre backs, centre midfielder and strikers. In the last few posts people have wanted Players for basically every position, except a goalkeeper. 

I only just saw the Rovers v Doncaster goals. I think we also need a new keeper :P

Different ways of interpreting Mowbray's comments on incoming players.

Earlier in the week he said he was after 2 or 3.

The Telegraph have now decided that is 'a couple' despite Mowbray not actually putting a number on it in today's interview.

Mowbray has just said he is looking to 'create competition for all areas on the pitch' and 'beef up the squad'. That could be any number.

Then he leaves the door open to a departure so presumably this impacts upon incomings also?

Just now, JHRover said:

Different ways of interpreting Mowbray's comments on incoming players.

Earlier in the week he said he was after 2 or 3.

The Telegraph have now decided that is 'a couple' despite Mowbray not actually putting a number on it in today's interview.

Mowbray has just said he is looking to 'create competition for all areas on the pitch' and 'beef up the squad'. That could be any number.

Then he leaves the door open to a departure so presumably this impacts upon incomings also?

he's always talking about this dominos thing, right? might apply to our current squad as well

Also amazing how Mowbray can say something and people can somehow twist what he is clearly saying and make it into something to worry about. It's a linguistic skill in itself. 

Maybe by saying he won't have to sell he actually means that he is Paul Seniors wife in disguise and we actually have to sell everybody. I mean, when you think about it.. 

• Backroom
3 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Well that's cheered up my day, no end.

Worst midfielder I've seen for a long time, joins one of the worst clubs in England.

They were made for each other.

Just a one year deal for a player his age says a lot, and none of it good. Doesn't sound like he had many options. 

• Moderation Lead
2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Also amazing how Mowbray can say something and people can somehow twist what he is clearly saying and make it into something to worry about. It's a linguistic skill in itself. 

Maybe by saying he won't have to sell he actually means that he is Paul Seniors wife in disguise and we actually have to sell everybody. I mean, when you think about it.. 

Or, people are basing their predictions on what has happened before with Venky's in the last few years especially?

You don't need to be ITK for that, just doing the standard of predicting future behaviours based on past behaviours.....

Archived