SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The January 2018 transfer thread

J*B

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

;) seemingly HMRC had no issue in acquiring/swapping the assets. You do realise a normal switcheroo is outlawed, the PC owned the debt not the club which is still with BDO and has a surplus if claims stay stagnant. Always the Parent Co. never the club what owns the share of rights playing football though similar to the rescue plan when venkys pull the plug here.

:P sevco fc 

27 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

He was excellent today. The people who hate on him clearly don't see just how good he is defensively.

He lets the winger cross the ball every single time, to me thats not good defending. However i respect your opinion whats its all about mate. I dont rate either full back. 

My mate keeps telling me "come on we are in league one now" he is correct but ive seen many better full backs in the league than ours

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

He just doesn't though. That's just plain wrong.

From what I saw it happened many of times. Maybe i am focusing in on a few occasions as i dont rate him. 

Just now, den9112 said:

On the verge, i have heard.

Seems bloody strange. A quick twitter search says he’s going to Scunthorpe. Why are we back in for him when he picked Bradford over us in the summer?

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

He was excellent today. The people who hate on him clearly don't see just how good he is defensively.

Nyambe did have a good game today. I'd be looking to replace Willians who has been better recently but who had a shocking first half today before him.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Hope not.

We got 3 right backs already

Rumour on twitter that Scunthorpe United want McMahon

Surely a right back is either number 1 or 2 on your priority list Chaddy?!

Just now, J*B said:

Surely a right back is either number 1 or 2 on your priority list Chaddy?!

It isnt. 

Happy with Nyambe and Caddis with Travis coming through from under 23's. 

Pacey winger, another striker and centre midfielder who can score goals. 

Nyambe and Williams have been playing well in recent games

Devante Cole was getting slated today for his work rate and how many chances he misses in a game. He is out of contract at the end of the season . He would be a massive gamble by the sounds of it. Watched him play at City eds and never really stood out.

The number 19 looked good today for scunny. Holmes I think he was called. Was talking to some scunthorpe fans before the game and they where raving about the number 16 saying some champ clubs looking at him. He certainly has good feet. Played in the centre recently due to injuries but is a winger by trade. They also said you can take Morris back. Bar the goals he contributes nothing which I thought was strange as I'm sure he was in double figures last year which for a winger seems more than a fair return.

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Morris certainly isn't the quick winger we need. Don't think that a central midfielder is a priority, the 2 we played today with Dack ahead is enough to dominate as it did today. 

Would like a centre midfielder who can get between 5 to 10 goals between now and end of the season. But a pacey winger is number 1 on the wanted list. 

Archived