BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The January 2018 transfer thread

J*B

5 minutes ago, J*B said:

If so I’m totally perplexed. Has anyone seen this fellow play? Can he play anywhere else but left back? Williams is more than good enough for this league, there’s no reason to sign another left back - unless of course he can also play right back, centre midfield or on the wing. 

Anyone?

He’s supposedly really quick, so at a guess wing. But given its not his natural position it does look a strange one because there’s no chance that TM is dropping Williams, and as you say he’s good enough for this league.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, J*B said:

If so I’m totally perplexed. Has anyone seen this fellow play? Can he play anywhere else but left back? Williams is more than good enough for this league, there’s no reason to sign another left back - unless of course he can also play right back, centre midfield or on the wing. 

Anyone?

What are you perplexed about if you have never seen him play?

I have read he has played left mid in the past 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Is feeney due back from Cardiff??  I know he was awful last season but surely his pace and width would cause defences in this league a few problems,

13 minutes ago, J*B said:

Anyone?

He can play on the wing and centre mid also from what I heard on radio lancs after the scunthorpe game

4 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I’m perplexed at the concept of signing a left back - for money, of which we don’t have loads - when that’s arguably one of our strongest positions whilst there’s many other weaknesses. Imo, of course!

1 minute ago, J*B said:

I’m perplexed at the concept of signing a left back - for money, of which we don’t have loads - when that’s arguably one of our strongest positions whilst there’s many other weaknesses. Imo, of course!

I'm pretty sure he can play left mid too. Maybe we have LOADS of money ;)

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I reckon he would be considerably more effective than Conway

Pace wise yes for sure. Conway has been an excellent professional and has hit some screamers in his time (which you would never see Feeney's do) but we are severely lacking pace in this team. 

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Whats the craic with Feeney anyway? Moore went back to Ipswich from Rotherham on Jan 1st. I have heard nothing about Feeney. I assume all loans to Jan go back to their parent clubs at the same time?

Not a clue tbh. 

12 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Whats the craic with Feeney anyway? Moore went back to Ipswich from Rotherham on Jan 1st. I have heard nothing about Feeney. I assume all loans to Jan go back to their parent clubs at the same time?

I think Warnock has said that his loan is going to be extended. A bit strange considering we're desperately in need of a winger.

Just now, bazza said:

I hope it's not Raya, Mulgrew, Lenihan or Dack.

Lenihan would never t be much of a surprise considering the interest in the summer. Mulgrew would be the biggest worry fr me unless a championship club has whacked an offer of 5+ mil in for dack and the Chicken Baltis are rubbing their hands together.

20 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I agree. Another some fans have scapegoated,never to be given a chance again. I would have him back,no problem. 

His problem never was getting past his man. His problem is his crossing is poor and his final ball was poor. 

Thats not going to change in league one. If we dominated at this level and he got enough of the ball something will eventually happpen. However we don't dominate possession so he'll likely get in one of two decent positions and, as always, waste them.

I've  no issue with him coming back. He's certainly not a scapegoat but pure pace isn't enough. 

Incomings:

The two ‘cash’ players Mowbray has mentioned are:

Bell (Fleetwood)

Gallagher (PNE)

Harper going means we can step up loan deal for winger Adekanye from Liverpool. 

Mowbray wants at least one more to come in. 

Just now, J*B said:

Incomings:

Bell (Fleetwood)

Gallagher (PNE)

3 minutes ago, J*B said:

Incomings:

Bell (Fleetwood)

Gallagher (PNE)

How we have fallen when we are picking up past it players from Preston that were once not good enough for us.

6 minutes ago, J*B said:

Incomings:

Bell (Fleetwood)

Gallagher (PNE)

I would take that as long as Whittingham is the 'surprise departure' Nixon is talking about.

Archived