BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] THE BATTLE FOR PROMOTION....WON.

17 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Ours is tomorrow in the Cathedral Quarter Paul, feel free to come down.

D7E48B53-D066-4CF6-B746-041D201A4B10.png

Wow, a scouser with a chip on his shoulder currently managing a bus stop on the Manchester route, who was thrashed and humiliated in probably the biggest game of his playing career, who would have thought he would be so bitter

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, perthblue02 said:

Wow, a scouser with a chip on his shoulder currently managing a bus stop on the Manchester route, who was thrashed and humiliated in probably the biggest game of his playing career, who would have thought he would be so bitter

As Ena Sharples might have said.."Common!"

• Backroom

Wigan just seem desperate to create a rivalry that isn't really there. I could honestly not care less what anybody at that club is doing or saying. If it was Burnley or even Bolton I might be slightly annoyed, but Wigan? Whatever. 

There is a hell of a lot of bitterness around here towards us. You can only imagine the jealousy in the 90s when all the other town clubs were flailing about in the 3rd and 4th tier.

Dingles aside, PNE are a prime example of it, Bolton too. Just add Wigan to the list, though it’s  obviously come from their Dingle manager, won’t be their long standing fans considering they were in what is now the Evo Stick league in the 90s

• Backroom

Brilliant from TM. Showing how it's done.

So weird, it's usually the side that comes second that harbours resentment and bitterness, not the winner.  

Takes a special type of person to flip that on it's head. 

So congrats to Paul Cook on breaking stereotypes. He's a trailblazer all right. 

31 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

There is a hell of a lot of bitterness around here towards us. You can only imagine the jealousy in the 90s when all the other town clubs were flailing about in the 3rd and 4th tier.

Dingles aside, PNE are a prime example of it, Bolton too. Just add Wigan to the list, though it’s  obviously come from their Dingle manager, won’t be their long standing fans considering they were in what is now the Evo Stick league in the 90s

Just to illustrate how fine the margins are, we would have been playing Accy in Div1 next season if we hadn't gone up---------as EQUALS! I never thought I'd live to see the day and thankfully I won't (for a while anyway!). Crowds of 1200 or thereabouts! I'm used to playing them in pre-season friendlies when we send our reserves.

Fair play to them but how did we get to this? I feel sometimes like I've dreamt it.

Just now, 47er said:

Just to illustrate how fine the margins are, we would have been playing Accy in Div1 next season if we hadn't gone up---------as EQUALS! I never thought I'd live to see the day and thankfully I won't (for a while anyway!). Crowds of 1200 or thereabouts! I'm used to playing them in pre-season friendlies when we send our reserves.

Fair play to them but how did we get to this? I feel sometimes like I've dreamt it.

I wish you had!

1 hour ago, 47er said:

Did you whisper chicken three times into a mirrior at night time by candle light? There is a urban myth that it invokes the Balajiman that haunts your dreams

They have won 2 auto windscreen trophies and 1 fa cup in their history. Winning this is huge for wigan. While for us its one of our lowest moments and we are just glad this league is gone.

Thats why they are gloating, its like they have pipped us to something massive, becasue for them it is massive

Wigan are celebrating as Champions, they wanted the Title. We could  not be arsed.

I do not begrudge them their achievement.

Everything I have read from Cook and the Wigan side since they won has been ok.

Stop making thigs up. It looks petty.

We are the ones belittling the winning of the Title, quite normal for those who lack ambition or who never expected to come first.

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

Wigan are celebrating as Champions, they wanted the Title. We could  not be arsed.

I do not begrudge them their achievement.

Everything I have read from Cook and the Wigan side since they won has been ok.

Stop making thigs up. It looks petty.

We are the ones belittling the winning of the Title, quite normal for those who lack ambition or who never expected to come first.

Well lets see who finishes higher next season, i reckon 6 points of them, they will be back in L1.

Just now, EgyptianPete said:

Well lets see who finishes higher next season, i reckon 6 points of them, they will be back in L1.

My targets for next season:

1. Avoid relegation

2. Avoid a relegation battle.

3. Win the "Lancashire League" within the Championship. That's doable.

4. Finish as high as possible and see where it takes us.

9 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Cook has been extremely ungracious, though that’s his prerogative.

You just wouldn’t get that kind of stuff from Mowbray, interesting to see the contrast.

Mowbray cares greatly about his public image.

Cook doesn't appear bothered.

I am ok with either as long as it is successful.

However the public denoucement of the worth of winning the L1 Title, with games still to play, was a mistake by Mowbray and gave Cook ammunition to use against Rovers.

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

However the public denoucement of the worth of winning the L1 Title, with games still to play, was a mistake by Mowbray and gave Cook ammunition to use against Rovers.

This makes no sense. Don’t you mean it gave some rovers fans “ammunition” against Mowbray?

Surely saying we’re 100% gunning for the title and then losing it would be “ammunition” for Wigan.

Just now, Biz said:

This makes no sense. Don’t you mean it gave some rovers fans “ammunition” against Mowbray?

Surely saying we’re 100% gunning for the title and then losing it would be “ammunition” for Wigan.

No to both your as usual confusing points.

1 hour ago, FGS5635 said:

They have won 2 auto windscreen trophies and 1 fa cup in their history. Winning this is huge for wigan. While for us its one of our lowest moments and we are just glad this league is gone.

Thats why they are gloating, its like they have pipped us to something massive, becasue for them it is massive

Don't forget their outstanding Northern Premier League wins back in the day. And lots of Challenge Cups and Super League titles.

Oh, wait a minute.............................

Archived