BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2018-19

8 hours ago, roversoutsider said:

Jack O Connell, a lad we let walk away for nothing looks a proper player and is getting rave reviews at Sheffield Utd

A pity as we could really do with defenders of his ilk. Strong, no nonsense big men.

I thought he was one of the top prospects coming through the Academy. Could anyone shed light on why we let him go for basically nothing? (I remember the fee being in the very low thousands)

As I recall, the fee was about 500k and he wanted to go at the time for regular football. I wasn't too happy about it, felt surely he could just be loaned out for that. If he goes for a lot, at least there's a development fee.

8 hours ago, roversoutsider said:

Jack O Connell, a lad we let walk away for nothing looks a proper player and is getting rave reviews at Sheffield Utd

A pity as we could really do with defenders of his ilk. Strong, no nonsense big men.

I thought he was one of the top prospects coming through the Academy. Could anyone shed light on why we let him go for basically nothing? (I remember the fee being in the very low thousands)

May be wrong but from what I've seen hes a very cultured defender with a good left foot.

1 hour ago, OnePhilT said:

I saw Leeds against Stoke and Swansea, and they were, sadly, excellent. They seem to have the wind in their sails so far, although my Barnsley-supporting buddy told me that they had a great start last season before it fell apart. Leeds are probably not bothered about being knocked out of the EFL Cup; they're going to make a real go of promotion this time around, and it may well pay off.

I thought Swansea were much much better and that Bersant Celina guy is one hell of a player 

27 minutes ago, Hasta said:

They've been awful so far.

Shocking game. 

Pulis tactics are boring and zero excitement. Outdated

20 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

Could do with it being a draw. How long is it since we looked at that part of the Championship table? ?

Long time. 

2 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

No tactics that get you into an automatic promotion spot could ever be outdated. His tactics may be boring or unexciting (I actually don't know), but it's results that matter.

Have you actually watched the 1st half? 

His tactics are boring for sure. Pulis achieving nothing yet. His transfer business seems strange

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

and look at tonight game. Pulis ultra defensive and didn't even look like he want ever going to change. No attacking changes 

Leeds have looked very good so far. If they are still in that sort of form when we go to Elland Road and we stink the place out and get a draw, id be pretty happy.

I dont like Pulis and I do think he often goes past the point of being overly negative, but you cant argue with the results hes had so far.

They were missing Savile, his replacement for Traore, Hugill is not match fit and Braithwaite has had his head turned apparently by a move abroad, so tonight, his arms were somewhat tight. Them 2 teams will almost certainly finish above Rovers.

Edited by roversfan99

19 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Leeds have looked very good so far. If they are still in that sort of form when we go to Elland Road and we stink the place out and get a draw, id be pretty happy.

I dont like Pulis and I do think he often goes past the point of being overly negative, but you cant argue with the results hes had so far.

They were missing Savile, his replacement for Traore, Hugill is not match fit and Braithwaite has had his head turned apparently by a move abroad, so tonight, his arms were somewhat tight. Them 2 teams will almost certainly finish above Rovers.

Saville is a centre midfieder not a winger so he wont be Traore replacement. 

No Bamford replacement signed or another type of striker signed. 

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Saville is a centre midfieder not a winger so he wont be Traore replacement. 

No Bamford replacement signed or another type of striker signed. 

Links with the likes of Albert Adomah, Yannick Bolasie, Jed Wallace and Luke Freeman, and Pulis' public frustration at not being backed to sign any of them, suggest that he wanted to sign attacking, flair players and was unable to.

Read this: http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/16412667.pulis-frustration-exposes-tension-behind-the-scenes-at-middlesbrough/

I am not a Pulis fan like I am probably sounding like now but I feel like you are letting a strong dislike of him to get in the way of facts that disprove your points.

53 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

and look at tonight game. Pulis ultra defensive and didn't even look like he want ever going to change. No attacking changes 

And it got him a point from one of the most dangerously in-form teams in the league, away. What's your point?

I'd settle for a point away to a far less dangerous Bristol City this weekend, and don't think that would in any way stop us being play-off worthy.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Links with the likes of Albert Adomah, Yannick Bolasie, Jed Wallace and Luke Freeman, and Pulis' public frustration at not being backed to sign any of them, suggest that he wanted to sign attacking, flair players and was unable to.

Read this: http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/16412667.pulis-frustration-exposes-tension-behind-the-scenes-at-middlesbrough/

I am not a Pulis fan like I am probably sounding like now but I feel like you are letting a strong dislike of him to get in the way of facts that disprove your points.

He said during the loan window he wanted 5 players and he managed to get 4 players so was backed to a point. Bruce got ahead of him with Bolasie, but Pulis still signed Saville, Besic, Batth and McQueen in. He failed to bring in a winger but he has 5 wingers already in the squad

9 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

And it got him a point from one of the most dangerously in-form teams in the league, away. What's your point?

I'd settle for a point away to a far less dangerous Bristol City this weekend, and don't think that would in any way stop us being play-off worthy.

Boro are promotion favourites and I would expect better if I was Boro fan. 

We aren't Promotion favourites tho. I would take a point on Sunday but I see no reason why we cant get 3 points

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Have you actually watched the 1st half? 

His tactics are boring for sure. Pulis achieving nothing yet. His transfer business seems strange

Mourinho tactics outdated..he still wins trophies (well till recently).  So would you rather have a poccetinho or kevin keegan who win nothing? No

1 hour ago, roverandout said:

Mourinho tactics outdated..he still wins trophies (well till recently).  So would you rather have a poccetinho or kevin keegan who win nothing? No

Pochettino every day over Mourinho. Always like Him since his Espanyol days. 

Mourinho is a money manager and tactics are dull to say the least. Now he is without his right hand man he will struggle. Look at the way he has treated young talent players at United like Rashford, Martial and Shaw. Appalling. Manchester United have always develop and invest in young players but Mourinho never does that

Then look at Pochettino and the way he has developed players like Kane, Ali, Dier and Winks. Plus he will bring through more young players  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, OnePhilT said:

Pocchetino has done superbly at Spurs; I don't recall Real Madrid every courting the idea of Keggin. Pocchetino is who the big boys want next. Mourinho is yesterday's gold dust.

Just pointing out he has won nothing so far compared to more conservative managers who win things like mourinho and ancellotti

• Like 1