BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Villa - 15th September 2018

I reckon it will be close, but we will WIN. I had a look at some stats and a lot of predictions are coming in as a win. Villa are in a bit of a rut at the moment. One of the most interesting predictions was on BetSeven, clear winner for sure...

https://www.betseven.net/football-betting-tips/english-championship/blackburn-vs-aston-villa/

Edited by James Jackson

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

I wouldnt say it is going for it to play Dack and Graham, in fact Mowbray often mentions playing Dack and 2 other attackers so he clearly agrees.

I agree about getting the balance but that balance has to include getting the best from your main attacking players, notably Dack.

They do have better players on paper but it would make no sense to play our very best player out of position, or not at all.

I didnt see the Brentford game but Bennett as a 10 will always be a conservative decision, and one that should never be made when Dack is available. In the game you mention we had numerous players unavailable to us, specifically Dack.

Your team has Rothwell, Brereton and Armstrong ahead of Dack essentially, albeit obviously via a slight tactical change. If Bolasie plays, surely it would make more sense to put Bennett on that side, and then play Dack. The number 10 role is arguably the one with the least defensive responsibility attached, hence it often being referred to as a free role. That said, I wouldnt say that Dack has ever really proved a liability in that regard. Im sure he will start as a 10 on Saturday.

Such a decision to play Dack as a false 9, one which im sure Mowbray wont and thus this is all hypothetical anyway, would also make a mockery of Mowbray spending 8m on strikers as well as having Graham already at his disposal.

Firstly I only said I understood his points. 

I disagree with the 10 role having the least defensive responsibility attached. Dack will have to help out in centre midfield against Villa and Derby game. 

Bennett was outstanding in the 10 role tho we did play different way with a more solid base and playing on counter attack. Shame you miss that game. I enjoyed the performance alot and one of our best under Mowbray

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Totally agree with the need for balance, but Smallwood isnt doing his job at the moment, Reed should be brought in.

Yes we do need balance. 

Its a toss up between Reed and Smallwood at the minute. I think I prefer Bennett in there with Evans atm.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Firstly I only said I understood his points. 

I disagree with the 10 role having the least defensive responsibility attached. Dack will have to help out in centre midfield against Villa and Derby game. 

Bennett was outstanding in the 10 role tho we did play different way with a more solid base and playing on counter attack. Shame you miss that game. I enjoyed the performance alot and one of our best under Mowbray

Yes we do need balance. 

Its a toss up between Reed and Smallwood at the minute. I think I prefer Bennett in there with Evans atm.

You've previously said that you agree that Dack is a shoe in starter if fit, and now that he is, we both surely agree that he comes straight back into his favourite position.

Obviously a 10 role has defensive responsibility, but my point is it gives you the most freedom. I like to see flair players in that role. 

I love how you say a toss up between 2 players, then pick neither of them!

Playing Bennett there would be an attacking move, in that it would free up his space for an attacking player, namely a Palmer or Rothwell.

Would you agree that both Reed and Davenport deserve a chance after Smallwoods retched recent form, including the tail end of last season, before Smallwood, and at the moment should both be higher in the pecking order? Continuing with Smallwood would be blind loyalty at the moment from Mowbray.

26 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You've previously said that you agree that Dack is a shoe in starter if fit, and now that he is, we both surely agree that he comes straight back into his favourite position.

Obviously a 10 role has defensive responsibility, but my point is it gives you the most freedom. I like to see flair players in that role. 

I love how you say a toss up between 2 players, then pick neither of them!

Playing Bennett there would be an attacking move, in that it would free up his space for an attacking player, namely a Palmer or Rothwell.

Would you agree that both Reed and Davenport deserve a chance after Smallwoods retched recent form, including the tail end of last season, before Smallwood, and at the moment should both be higher in the pecking order? Continuing with Smallwood would be blind loyalty at the moment from Mowbray.

I only said I understood his point he was making. 

Yes Dack has to do both jobs for us. 2 very tough games for us now. 

I think Mowbray will play Bennett wide right instead of Rothwell in my team. 

Has Davenport play a game since his injury? Big risk to play him. Maybe a game for under 21's 1st. Reed for Smallwood possibly. 

For this game for one player, I'd be asking everytime you get the ball moving forward try and make every pass that you make go to one of your teamates, don't allow any interceptions, don't be complacent in your passing,  be as accurate as you possibly can be throughout the duration of the game and the plaudits will come your way - Rothwell ! 

Grealish is shyte unless you want to make him look good !

Edited by JAL

I thought I was the only one who didn't rate Grealish. All these talks of a big money transfer reminds me of how I felt when Berahino was being touted for big money. Don't see why!

This could explain why I am neither a scout or a football coach but just my opinion.

Anyway, be a tough game against Villa. Always been a bogey team of ours but we do have the quality to win the game!

• Moderation Lead
55 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Grealish is vastly over rated. Even if he scores or whatever Saturday, it doesn't change the fact. Dack is a far better player 

I love Dack as much as anyone, but good grief, he's had 3 games in this league so far!

He may end up being better than Grealish in the fullness of time, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.....

Edited by K-Hod

37 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I love Dack as much as anyone, but good grief, he's had 3 games in this league so far!

He may end up being better than Grealish in the fullness of time, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.....

Why does he have to play a certain number of games in the Championship for me to think he is better? I have watched plenty of both and that's what I think 

Hopefully it's the last we'll hear about Dacks community service as that'll mean he's doing it and that's all anyone needs to know now.

If we hear about it again it'll probably be him being sent down but i'm sure this time the club will be keeping very close tabs on him as he's obviously a bit of a plonker who needs help putting one foot in front of the other away from the pitch.

Time to make a statement this weekend Bradley !

Edited by tomphil

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Its a private matter. Lets Mowbray and the club sort that out and we focus on the football side

48 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

By who? I have read him comment on it. 

Do you mean the club? Not sure what exactly they could or should say at this point. Seems to be case closed 

It was all over the media so hardly private. To do an in depth multi article interview with Dack and not touch on it at all is a bit disrespectful to the intelligence of the fans in my opinion, brushing it under the carpet.

It could have been done from a positive view, I will learn my lesson, and concentrate on my football etc etc. Just a bit of acknowledgement. Hes brought the club into disrepute and we want to be assured that it wont happen again.