BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, JHRover said:

Correct but their manager knows what he has to work with, can make an offer and get stuff done because he has a proper Chairman with power behind him and an owner that can be contacted when needed.

I agree JH but they are a small time outfit. We are owned by a billion pound organisation that don’t see us at the top of their agenda. Unfortunately that creates administrative problems on one side but a seemingly dismissive approach to money loss. By the end of the window has in every previous season we will out spend PNE. I’m not saying it’s right just fact

Just now, Bowlandforest said:

Because we don't have a under 23 team or academy that costs over 3 million & we don't waste  over 6 million on over rated  player s. We matched the Armstrong bid & wages but he chosen Rovers because he was on loan with you. Some of you lot need to smell the coffee. PNE are a well run club with realistic expectations & don't expect to buy players we can't afford we are not Aston v or Leeds & we no that but the trouble  is most Rovers fans have been brought up with silver spoons in there mouth.

Many of us went to school as well.

I have absolutely no doubt that the biggest moaners now complaining that we didn't sign him, are the very same ones who would be on here moaning that he wasn't good enough or that we over paid if we did sign him. 

100% and I don't think ye can even deny that yourselves 

You know who you are :P 

• Like 3

Just now, JHRover said:

No problem with that if we go and get a decent alternative at some point soon. If we don't and then we get the gradual lowering of expectations and Mowbray moaning about costs and wages etc. and we end up picking up a loan to fill in on the cheap then it's a big problem.

Agree, we can only judge the Bauer situation (if there even was one) in context.

But giving it "he chose PNE" / "we messed up again" etc at this stage is just people winding themselves up over baseless speculation.

If TM comes out fuming about the situation then obviously something is amiss. Until then ?‍♂️

• Like 2

Because we don't have a under 23 team or academy that costs over 3 million & we don't waste  over 6 million on over rated  player s. We matched the Armstrong bid & wages but he chosen Rovers because he was on loan with you. Some of you lot need to smell the coffee. PNE are a well run club with realistic expectations & don't expect to buy players we can't afford we are not Aston v or Leeds & we no that but the trouble  is most Rovers fans have been brought up with silver spoons in there mouth.

Now you see what you’ve done. They’ve signed a freebie and their here to tell us how great Preston are

• Like 3

2 hours ago, rigger said:

It's only embarrassing if he turns out to be a good player. Lets wait and see.

If he doesn't turn out to be a good player then surely its embarrassing that TM chased him so publicly for so long?

• Like 2

And that is why you don’t ever win anything ever really. Nothing and your proud of that

• Like 1

What unrealistic expectations does anyone on here have? We're discussing our failure to sign Bauer from Charlton who has just joined Preston for free. I haven't seen anyone demand players we cant afford or big money moves.

• Like 1

Thick as mince. 

Chased him or was interested in him ? 

Yeah we tried to sign him twelve months ago ..highly doubtful he d have been a starter bought  with a view to upping his qualities over the season. Twelve months of watching him and maybe the lad hasn't kicked on as well as we thought he may and may even have gone backwards and the step upto the Championship that TM has seen first hand last season is too much of a step up for Bauer. ?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, rigger said:

I am not disputing any of this. What I am saying is maybe he wanted more than we where willing to give ?

And that for me is were the waters are muddied. Last year, to quote Risdale we 'blew Preston out of the water' with what we offered Armstrong and less than a year on they are reputedly paying more in wages.

It's not just missing out on Bauer that bothers me in particular. I trying to see the bigger picture and my hunch is that Mowbray didn't get anything like he hoped for from his recent soiree to India. The next few weeks will be telling and could well shape up the mid term future of our club.

• Like 4

Just now, HowieFive0 said:

Chased him or was interested in him ? 

Yeah we tried to sign him twelve months ago ..highly doubtful he d have been a starter bought  with a view to upping his qualities over the season. Twelve months of watching him and maybe the lad hasn't kicked on as well as we thought he may and may even have gone backwards and the step upto the Championship that TM has seen first hand last season is too much of a step up for Bauer. ?

Shhhh, Tony bad.

• Like 1

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Agreed. 

If you can tell us unequivocally the situation regarding Bauer I'd love to hear it.

Failing that, it would probably save you from injury during your mental gymnastics if you just copy/pasted "I don't like Tony Mowbray" instead of winding yourself up.

• Like 1

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Talk of the LT censoring posts that criticise Mowbray in the comments section under the Bauer story. I think one of the mods on here (J*B?) said that the club also read this forum. 

I would be surprised if they are censoring well articulated criticism. More than likely censoring abusive posts or drivel. They shouldn't censor the drivel though.