Neal

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, rickard said:

Just a random though, what do you guys think we could have gotten for Alan Shearer in today's market? I mean, clubs buy 4th choice keepers for more than we got for him back in the day.

At least 10 times what we got for him. Possibly a world record fee. Wouldn't be far off it anyway. 

We would probably get 50 million for Le Saux! 

1 hour ago, RoverKyle said:

Taking the popular opinion that Lenihan is our best defender (I agree by the way), what was our record like when both Mulgrew and Lenihan played?

I'm not questioning that we need to replace Mulgrew to kick on, but I'm not fully convinced he's completely done either. Just wondered whether there were any glaring stats suggesting we didn't improve as much as you'd expect when Lenihan came back from injury and it was in fact when Mulgrew was dropped for Williams that we started to improve. 

I appreciate I could look this up (although I don't have time), but I feel like someone might've done some analysis on this previously.

Lenihan is our best defender, but he's clumsy and has a massive mistake in him. He's not a stand out player by any means - we could do with improving both CBs if at all possible.

1 minute ago, rickard said:

Just a random though, what do you guys think we could have gotten for Alan Shearer in today's market? I mean, clubs buy 4th choice keepers for more than we got for him back in the day.

95 million to Newcastle or 125 million to Man Yoo....

Just now, rickard said:

Neymar went for £200m and he's not fit to shine Shearer's shoes, so name your price as the selling club.

Just now, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Daily Mirror reporter is saying that we've agreed a loan to buy offer for Joe Hart.

Just awaiting personal terms.

If thats true it will certainly devide opinion on here, but damm its a fair statement of intent if we do.

Get an arm around him and rebuild his confidence and we have a world class goalie far to good for this level

Daily Mirror reporter is saying that we've agreed a loan to buy offer for Joe Hart.

It’s a fake account

That's the guy who only joined twitter yesterday isn't it? Also said we have made another enquiry to Harrison Reed?

I think he's a fake to be honest.

Untrue.

Just now, CD_93 said:

Untrue.

I thought those people who fell for the Harrison Reed thing the other day were a bit foolish and ive done the same thing.

I'll just sit in the corner with my dunce hat on.

Strangely saw the Johnson link a day before on a random twitter account and ignored it. I only posted the forum link to break the constant cycle of “Brereton is shit”.

That was fairly well wrapped up. Not strange to expect the next one to be similar? 

Just now, bluebruce said:

I got a bit worried.

Worried I got excited, or worried about hart? :)

We cant really do any better than Hart. You can argue the cost and is the money worth it, but for ability and experience, we simply cant do better

The guy on twitter is a fake. He/she is picking up rumours from different online sources and then turning them into 'fact' and hoping a few of them come off to make him/her look genuine.

Joe Hart to Rovers may happen, but it has been rumoured for a while now. 

I find it a bit nuts that people are so against Hart coming here. Be a massive coup to have a goalkeeper like him for us in this league. Being 32 he will be feeling like he lots left to give and would still like to prove himself at the top level, which would be great for us if we have any ambitions of getting promoted. 

Edited by Neal

Just now, FGS5635 said:

Worried I got excited, or worried about hart? :)

We cant really do any better than Hart. You can argue the cost and is the money worth it, but for ability and experience, we simply cant do better

Both. And yes I'm sure we can do better than Hart. Not in terms of profile or expense, but the lad looks a busted flush these days. Ruddy please.

Just now, Beanie01289 said:

People on here bigging up Brentford imagine we made a slew of signings after selling Lenihan and Dack would we be bigging up us a promotion favs or bemoaning the sales. 

Well the obvious answer to that is it depends how well it would be re-invested.

However it's pointless because we know It wouldn't be Rovers idea of the moneyball system is very odd to say the least.

Just now, tomphil said:

Well the obvious answer to that is it depends how well it would be re-invested.

However it's pointless because we know It wouldn't be Rovers idea of the moneyball system is very odd to say the least.

Mothball system....he said negatively

9 minutes ago, PeteJD13 said:

It’s a fake account

Do you mean the account that has the wrong website address to where he claims to work, a spelling mistake in his bio (and he's a journalist!) and appears in absolutely zero Google searches as a journo?

Fake? Never

Just now, Beanie01289 said:

People on here bigging up Brentford imagine we made a slew of signings after selling Lenihan and Dack would we be bigging up us a promotion favs or bemoaning the sales. 

Let’s use Konsa as an example. 

Bought 12 months ago from League one for 2.5 million, played a season with them and sold to a Prem team for 12 million. They have already made signings in that position and could well make more.

No fan of any club wants to see their best players sold, but when a team from a higher division comes in and gives you a big profit, you accept it as inevitable.

If we were to sell Dack, Lenihan it Travis, I’d have very little faith in us bringing in anyone remotely near the same level... fucking hell, I’d be pretty amazed if we replaced them with players who even play in the same position.

Getting raided for your better players by top flight teams shows you are doing something right... it’s the nature of transfers. We are lightyears behind Brentford in terms of identifying players and recruiting them. Barring Dack, and to a much lesser degree Armstrong and Rothwell, the only players we have of any real value are academy products.

Edited by Miller11

9 minutes ago, Neal said:

I find it a bit nuts that people are so against Hart coming here. Be a massive coup to have a goalkeeper like him for us in this league. Being 32 he will be feeling like he lots left to give and would still like to prove himself at the top level, which would be great for us if we have any ambitions of getting promoted. 

The longer it goes on the more attractive a signing it becomes, never a fan but to be fair his cock ups and wobbles have come at top level. If he's shot he's shot but we know how  Uncle Mowbray loves these types I half think he's setting up his own football rehab academy here sometimes,  However Hart wouldn't be facing what he was in the Prem at this level so if he has any confidence left surely he can cope.

Having said that if they tie up tens of thousands of pounds per week in him I think i'd sack the lot of them !!!!

Advanced issues found

Just now, tomphil said:

The longer it goes on the more attractive a signing it becomes, never a fan but to be fair his cock ups and wobbles have come at top level. If he's shot he's shot but we know how  Uncle Mowbray loves these types I half think he's setting up his own football rehab academy here sometimes,  However Hart wouldn't be facing what he was in the Prem at this level so if he has any confidence left surely he can cope.

Having said that if they tie up tens of thousands of pounds per week in him I think i'd sack the lot of them !!!!

It's having that effect on me. The Makeemwaiteaball system of recruitment where you're grateful for whatever walks through the door.