BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Reduced prices for Swansea game.

Just now, Stuart said:

I can’t believe you would compare Waggott with Williams. They are like night and day.

However, the reason Waggott shouldn’t just keep increasing prices every year is because, one, we do not have fans with pots of cash, and, two, this club needs to build bridges with the fanbase that has been treated very very badly this last 8 years.

He needs to get more people through the door not just keep tapping the already most loyal fans.

We are also a business. I imagine you’ll be one of many expecting us to spend big money in the summer. It has to be generated from somewhere. It doesn’t necessarily justify expensive tickets but a balance has to be found. I haven’t done any research but I imagine that our tickets are still cheaper than most. 

Also, your first post on this thread criticised the club for dropping prices for the Swansea game. That is exactly how to get more fans through the door - an issue you then criticise Waggott for in your post above. The club seems to be damned either way.

• Like 1

Just now, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

We are also a business. I imagine you’ll be one of many expecting us to spend big money in the summer. It has to be generated from somewhere. It doesn’t necessarily justify expensive tickets but a balance has to be found. I haven’t done any research but I imagine that our tickets are still cheaper than most. 

If they go up to around £400-£500 this summer then we will actually be heading towards the upper end .

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

How much do you pay for your Season Ticket? 

In Season Ticket thread.

Delighted the club has taken the initiative to reduce prices for the Swansea game.

Revidge Blue's post on here is the daftest posted by anyone all season by the way.

Also, your first post on this thread criticised the club for dropping prices for the Swansea game. That is exactly how to get more fans through the door - an issue you then criticise Waggott for in your post above. The club seems to be damned either way.

There's no correlation between ST income and transfer spends. If there was we wouldn't have spent £7m on a sub. 

And if it was a business it would be bust. It's not a business, it's a play thing of the rich. 

You've swallowed the propoganda though it seems, the propoganda that justifies ever increasing prices. 

How much is your Season Ticket? 

Just now, philipl said:

And you enjoy being miserable the club has reduced prices for the Swansea game.

two can play this game...

It only benefits non ST holders like you. ST holders are having their prices put up apparently. Can you see the difference or is it a bit too much for you? 

Just now, philipl said:

And you enjoy being miserable the club has reduced prices for the Swansea game.

two can play this game...

I think the point is that Rovers haven't reduced the prices for the Swansea game for loyal season ticket holders. They are happy to take our money and in many respects abuse the loyalty and commitment shown. And to market it as a reward for our loyal supporters is insulting for season ticket holders.

Not so. I’m criticising the Swansea reduction being a “thank you for your fantastic support”. It is anything but that. If they also increase ST prices then it really is an insult to the most loyal fans.

The game should have been a tenner to try to increase uptake - although that would require us to have season tickets on sale when these folks rock up for a rare game. Surely the best time to increase our attendance figures was on the day of the Oxford game. “Buy a ticket for Oxford and get money off your season ticket if you buy it within 10 days”. We didn’t even have them on sale!

My real criticism though is about continuing to increase prices for the most loyal fans at a time when going to Venkys at the end of the season for a £2m injection or a £2.5m injection is largely the same, yet we continue to have 18,000 empty seats! The product (which includes the matchday experience) is being worsened at the same time prices are going up and TV companies are making watching away from the ground much easier.

It was hard to see the Norwich ground so full last night and to think that we will never have that (definitely not) while Waggott is here and (most likely not) while Venkys are here - although we have already seen a generational drift as our 18-20 year old fans were at Primary School when Venkys first came along and ruined our club. While we have Venkys money to draw on, the plan should be about packing Ewood as much as possible not fleecing it. If we don’t have Venkys money to draw on then they need to sell because they would be no use to us.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

There's no correlation between ST income and transfer spends. If there was we wouldn't have spent £7m on a sub. 

And if it was a business it would be bust. It's not a business, it's a play thing of the rich. 

You've swallowed the propoganda though it seems, the propoganda that justifies ever increasing prices. 

How much is your Season Ticket? 

What about FFP?

Arent rovers, Boro and a few more other clubs trying to make all the others more transparent since there’s supposed to be a 39m limit to losses over 3 seasons and villa lost 50m in 1?

54 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Not so. I’m criticising the Swansea reduction being a “thank you for your fantastic support”. It is anything but that. If they also increase ST prices then it really is an insult to the most loyal fans.

The game should have been a tenner to try to increase uptake - although that would require us to have season tickets on sale when these folks rock up for a rare game. Surely the best time to increase our attendance figures was on the day of the Oxford game. “Buy a ticket for Oxford and get money off your season ticket if you buy it within 10 days”. We didn’t even have them on sale!

My real criticism though is about continuing to increase prices for the most loyal fans at a time when going to Venkys at the end of the season for a £2m injection or a £2.5m injection is largely the same, yet we continue to have 18,000 empty seats! The product (which includes the matchday experience) is being worsened at the same time prices are going up and TV companies are making watching away from the ground much easier.

It was hard to see the Norwich ground so full last night and to think that we will never have that (definitely not) while Waggott is here and (most likely not) while Venkys are here - although we have already seen a generational drift as our 18-20 year old fans were at Primary School when Venkys first came along and ruined our club. While we have Venkys money to draw on, the plan should be about packing Ewood as much as possible not fleecing it. If we don’t have Venkys money to draw on then they need to sell because they would be no use to us.

Whilst I agree with most of the points you make , the attendance v Oxford last season was more than Norwich had on last night . Based on official figures and taking away the away support numbers, Rovers still had more on .

Just out of interest our avg attendances for 9 seasons (counting the first half season in the Prem as a whole one and with one game to go in this current one) under Venky's

25,000 , 22,251, 14,997, 14,962, 14,912, 14,131, 12,66812,832, 14,473

Our crowds in the Championship have held up reasonably well considering we have had just a brief smell of the play offs over those seasons, obviously the strategy of appointing another of the agency clients saw a drop.

Edited by perthblue02

52 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

You really think that season tickets sales are going to influence our summer spending?  

You think it has no influence at all? Well let’s just flog them for nothing then. 

You just never can tell at all with these lot but we have been told in the past the money the club generates here on the ground in Blackburn goes towards running the ground/staff etc etc whilst the wages and football stuff is done directly from India.

What we seem to have now is a set of financial/football people trying to follow a plan set out a while back after the audit but as we've seen in the past and probably with the BB signing it can be overruled or taken completely off track at any given moment either by a whim or need for cash.

Therefore I think when people at the club are doing their forecasts and sending budget requests to Pune then yes it'll be relevant but maybe not to the recruitment side but to the owners themselves it'll be pretty irrelevant. If they want to sanction a signing whether it be 500k or 5 million they'll sanction it and if they want to sell a player they'll sell em !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

So lets suppose the club sticks another £100 on every season ticket, and by some miracle everyone of the 10,000 season ticket holders renews. That will come to an extra £1 million of income over a year. So equivalent to Gladwin and Samuel's wages or half of one of Ben Brereton's legs. 

Alternatively the club could focus on increasing numbers, taking a longer term view of improving atmosphere and building support after almost a decade of it being on the decline. 

If the club aimed to get an extra 2-3000 season ticket holders by reducing prices then over a season, with those people buying food, drink and merchandise, i suspect we wouldn't be far off the same income, but with a better atmosphere and attendance.

• Like 1