BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Is Travis injured? Bizarre if not.

Evans has spells of playing very well. Hope today is one of those days. Is Johnson being punished for the Derby goings on? Or out due to losing the ball so much?

Pleased that Gally was dropped. Big opportunity for Rothwell. Let's hope he takes it.

Edited by joey_big_nose

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Mixed team. Really pleased to see Rothwell start, and the lummox Gallagher dropped.

Holtby should be starting however, and Johnson should have been picked over Evans.

Who gets drop for Holtby? 

Just now, Miller11 said:

I think Mowbray would confuse the words ‘natural balance’ with Swahili, judging by his fondness of playing wrong footed strikers on the wings.

Armstrong can play on either wing and Rothwell is more suited to the left wing

Just now, joey_big_nose said:

Is Travis injured? Bizarre if not.

Evans has spells of playing very well. Hope today is one of those days. Is Johnson being punished for the Derby goings on? Or out due to losing the ball so much?

Pleased that Gally was dropped.

Not posted it before. Hamstring

Just now, BankEnd Rover said:

I'll take that team, providing Holtby comes on early second half. I think Mowbray will never pick a team we are all satisfied with. Fustrates the hell out of me. 

To be fair we've got to a point where we have a lot of good attacking players so it's going to be hard to keep everyone happy.

Playing Downing in a middle two is a bold move which Mowbray should get credit for. 

• Like 2

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Who gets drop for Holtby

Armstrong, Downing, Evans or Dack

Not that I particularly dislike today's line up. I just feel I feel you have a player who is a level above the others, you need to make sure that player starts. As we are coming off 2 games without a win, I'm sure we could have justified mixing it up to get Holtby in.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 2

To be fair we've got to a point where we have a lot of good attacking players so it's going to be hard to keep everyone happy.

Playing Downing in a middle two is a bold move which Mowbray should get credit for. 

I must be the only one what fails to see what Downing actually offers

• Backroom

I think we should wait to see if it works before giving any credit! I certainly wouldn't be playing Downing there alongside Evans. 

Don't think you can drop the only defensive midfielder, Downings been excellent, Armstrong and Dack score goals. If anyone's dropped it should be Graham and play Dack up front.

As I said above, we are coming on the back of two games without a win.

We could have got Nyambe back in and put Bennet in midfield where he is better than Evans IMO.

Downing would be unlucky but I believe Holtby is simply a better player.

Armstrong has scored two goals recently but has generally been poor (no I didn't see Tuesday). Dack up front has always been a disaster (see Preston away).

If you bring in a player as good as Holtby is supposed to be, and you are on a run without a win, then you need to find a way to get him in the side.

• Like 1

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Armstrong can play on either wing 

I hate him playing on either. Whichever fullback has the misfortune of being behind him is completely exposed. I can’t remember the last game he didn’t play, but I really don’t rate him one bit. You can make a decent argument for him playing on current form because he’s actually scored a couple, but 2 in 25 (I think it is) shows what a charmed life he has led to still be an automatic pick.

1 hour ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Starting Line up :-

Walton

Nyambe Toshin Williams Cunningham

Johnson

Travis     Holtby    Rothwell

Gallagher Graham

Hopefully he is lining them up like this :-

Walton

Bennett Lenihan Williams Cunningham

Evans

Dack     Rothwell    Downing

Graham  Armstrong

• Backroom

I agree it looks a bit lightweight, would be happier with Travis or Johnson alongside.

Lightweight and slow. Hopefully Downing will try to be a bit adventurous with his passing, because we know Evans won't. 

A bit surprised to see Gallagher dropped but it's not like he hasn't been given a chance.