BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Football League Suspended

1 minute ago, Crimpshrine said:

Exactly. Venky's may own Rovers but they don't worry or care about Rovers. Anything could happen in the coming months.

Well yes that's a very separate discussion but absolutely a consideration. I don't think the Rao's are going to struggle big time financially, but I guess there's always a fear they could just cut us off. I don't think that looming possibility will ever go away though, that could happen at any time despite a worldwide pandemic. Scary to think about them walking away without writing that debt off. 

1 hour ago, JoeH said:

Well yes that's a very separate discussion but absolutely a consideration. I don't think the Rao's are going to struggle big time financially, but I guess there's always a fear they could just cut us off. I don't think that looming possibility will ever go away though, that could happen at any time despite a worldwide pandemic. Scary to think about them walking away without writing that debt off. 

Of course you can't trust anything they do but if they aren't gonna sell now when will they? If something happens to Balaji perhaps since he's rumoured to have been the one who wants to keep it? His son would appear to have an interest and perhaps would have a cleaner slate than the rest of the family. 

Not to mention there was that story about an attempted kidnap on Venkatesh. That's something I would really like to know more about. I doubt 100% that had anything to do with Rovers fans. An opportunist who felt they were idiots and an easy target perhaps?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4480682/Who-guilty-trashing-historic-club-like-Blackburn.html

Edited by Vinjay
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Vinjay said:

Of course you can't trust anything they do but if they aren't gonna sell now when will they? If something happens to Balaji perhaps since he's rumoured to have been the one who wants to keep it? His son would appear to have an interest and perhaps would have a cleaner slate than the rest of the family. 

Not to mention there was that story about an attempted kidnap on Venkatesh. That's something I would really like to know more about. I doubt 100% that had anything to do with Rovers fans. An opportunist who felt they were idiots and an easy target perhaps?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4480682/Who-guilty-trashing-historic-club-like-Blackburn.html

This makes me angry all over again, so thanks, Vinjay!

One thing I don't get is even after all this "our club/our fault" contrition/aka "learning from their mistakes", we had to stomach a whole sickening parade of car-crash, awful appointments-Shebby Singh, Paul Agnew, Paul Senior....all the way to Owen Coyle, so...do I feel lucky?!

Edited by Leonard Venkhater

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

I’m talking generally, as the post suggests.

Sorry Matty, Yes you are right. Most owners are silent most of the time. I didn't know that Barnsley owners owned another club and looking to buy 2 more clubs including 1 in Scotland till yesterday

depends on the owners of different clubs. Some talk more than others. 

Venkys have been burned badly from the agents thing. Not sure they will make many public statement in the future. I always said about having a Q and A once a year with them. But it will never happened. 

They let Waggott and Mowbray communicate with the supporters.

To be fair I have no interest in what they think or want to say anyway but I dont think its a tactical decision to "let" Mowbray and Waggott do their talking. I suspect it is primarily a lack of real interest and warmth. I dont see what their incompetence regarding mistakes with agents has anything to do with their approach. As @Mattyblue points out it has been constant silence throughout.

I think the last time there was a downturn over there chicken wise coincided with the taps being turned off. Of course that was put down to FFP, the big sales followed and no real return investment for a while, probably until we went down if i remember right. 

I've always been a believer the parent company pays the wages from it's monthly turnover, others disagree but it does tie in with a lot of things. Last time though a few seemed to think some personal money had paid the wages for a spell so fair play if true and that might be the case again. If they are sat on a giant cash personal fortune they'll probably prop up what they have to for a while without it bothering them too much.

Key to it is if they want it back, how quick and how long this lack of real income goes on for. 

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

So ‘most owners’ aren’t totally silent for years on end like ours then?

God knows. I not going to look through 92 clubs owners to see last time they spoke. 

The last time we heard from them is when we got promoted from league one. Just a statement. You reckon that right? 

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

I am shocked that you are defending the Venkys, Chaddy.

Sadly it's not what I said but you posts these sort of things to get reaction. 

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

God knows. I not going to look through 92 clubs owners to see last time they spoke. 

The last time we heard from them is when we got promoted from league one. Just a statement. You reckon that right? 

Sadly it's not what I said but you posts these sort of things to get reaction. 

When was the last time the owners were at a fans forum or awards dinner etc.....?

Basic stuff Chaddy that virtually every club owner does, but not ours.

You are defending them just to be argumentative because I don't believe you believe what you're arguing.  Give it a rest, the games up.

Edited by Sparks Rover

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

To be fair I have no interest in what they think or want to say anyway but I dont think its a tactical decision to "let" Mowbray and Waggott do their talking. I suspect it is primarily a lack of real interest and warmth. I dont see what their incompetence regarding mistakes with agents has anything to do with their approach. As @Mattyblue points out it has been constant silence throughout.

Did you read the piece Vinjay posted? 

I dont think they lack interest as Balaji's son was at the club this year. Plus paying millions of pounds each year to fund the club. 

Plus we have heard about the owners interest from Mowbray and Waggott about Rovers. 

Am I bothered if we do or dont hear from them? Not interested. I do think Q&A would be good but never going to happen 

1 minute ago, Sparks Rover said:

When was the last time the owners were at a fans forum or awards dinner etc.....?

Basic stuff Chaddy that virtually every club owner does, but not ours.

You are defending doing them just to be argumentative because I don't believe you believe what you're arguing.  Give it a rest, the games up.

Is it what Spurs's owner Joe Lewis or Man City owner who had only 1 game in 12 years or Man Utd Owners the Glazers? 

These PL owners who dont. 

No Sparks its is yourself who is being argumentative and annoying cos you wont allow a different view or Opinion on anything

I'm not bothered in our owners attending games or awards dinners. They keep funding the club and academy every year. 

7 hours ago, JoeH said:

Personally I haven't found it's people of my age who are the biggest breakers of lockdown. I'd say socially I "know" maybe 20 people of that age group well enough to tell you what they've been up to recently, and not a single one has broken lock down rules. I know quite well about 10 people aged 40 and over (not including my Mother), and three of them continuously break lockdown rules.

Your assertions the other day and above that the middle class and middle aged are the ones most likely to break lockdown rules are completely contrary to what I I've seen from working throughout the crisis.

Whilst it was very quiet during the first week or two of lockdown, since then requests for runs to pick up drugs, and people ringing our office at 1a.m. for "a 6 seater" with music blaring out in the background and a party obviously going on  have been more and more commonplace.

There have also been certain streets and estates where little notice appears to have been taken of lockdown rules and social distancing from the off. They've obviously been practising their own particular brand of herd immunity. Meanwhile we haven't heard a dicky bird from most of what you might call our middle class or slightly better heeled customers.

I even picked up a young girl who worked in a large nursing home after she finished work and the second she got in the car she was straight on the phone arranging a meet up with a group of lads.  From picking her up on previous occasions it also seemed clear  she had  been carrying on as normal.

Even I felt very cross about that as whilst I don't agree with lockdown or most of the restrictions in principle, since they came into effect I've complied with them, and it's really unfair to ignore them  when you know for a fact you're coming into direct contact every day with the most vulnerable people who are also sitting ducks in the enclosed confines of a nursing home.

(Sorry if in wrong thread)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Is it what Spurs's owner Joe Lewis or Man City owner who had only 1 game in 12 years or Man Utd Owners the Glazers? 

I dont think Citeh's owner has the questions to answer that ours have, do you? You are serious arent you comparing those owners with ours?

Mind boggled.?

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

When Madame's husband got a snowball in the gob?

Damned if they do, damned if they don't on this one. You can't really blame them for not wanting to put up with crap like that and if they take the view that in general (like roversfan99)  people will either never forgive them or aren't interested in anything they do or say, they might be justified in keeping a low profile and letting the people they pay to run the Club get on with it.

Personally, I'd rather they were at games regularly and we heard a bit more from them about what they were thinking. But I think it's only reasonable to expect that if people were prepared to draw a line in the sand and judge them on what they're doing now rather than on mistakes made years ago.

• Like 1

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

I dont think Citeh's owner has the questions to answer that ours have, do you? You are serious arent you comparing those owners with ours?

Mind boggled.?

You said owners attended awards dinners? But I shown these 3 dont. Do you think Mike Ashley did at Newcastle? No so that 4 owners. 

No comparing owners apart from yourself

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

When Madame's husband got a snowball in the gob?

Damned if they do, damned if they don't on this one. You can't really blame them for not wanting to put up with crap like that and if they take the view that in general (like roversfan99)  people will either never forgive them or aren't interested in anything they do or say, they might be justified in keeping a low profile and letting the people they pay to run the Club get on with it.

Personally, I'd rather they were at games regularly and we heard a bit more from them about what they were thinking. But I think it's only reasonable to expect that if people were prepared to draw a line in the sand and judge them on what they're doing now rather than on mistakes made years ago.

I think they havent come close to repairing the damage they did (and to my knowledge never took responsibility or apologised for) but it is easy and perhaps preferable, given they are out of sight and out of mind, to just focus on moving forwards with them not in the picture I suppose.

I dont get people who have fully forgiven them or are willing and always on hand to praise and defend them to be fair, but each to their own. My personal preference is for them to stay in the background silently and then I can carry on as if they dont exist, save for selling up and removing their stench entirely but I appreciate that is not going to happen.

But we are digressing.

• Like 1

Bloody hell. I posted it to promote a bit of light hearted chat in this endless down period.

I don’t give a shiny shite if they do a Jack Straw style stump speech from outside Marks & Spencer every other Saturday or we don’t hear from them ever again as long as they pay the bills. I’ve long stopped having any interest in them as owners or people, no idea why they are still here or what they get out of all this, but here we are.

Just made me laugh that a certain poster now enjoys being the contrarian so much these days (whilst playing the ‘who, me?’ routine), he’ll come out with outlandish stuff like ‘most owners’ are just like Venky’s, which is plainly nonsense posted for a reaction.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4

Dont know if anyone watched the Dortmund and Bayern game earlier. Not the most open game but played at a very high technical standard as youd expect and it would be interesting to see how much time the ball spends on the pitch with no fans compared to with fans, I suspect it is longer.

I think as a huge game it really highlighted exactly how the "new" normal match really is so much inferior compared to a game in front of fans. Although the actual football was very watchable it did have the feel of an unimportant training game rather than a potential title decider. Kimmich scored a lovely chip just before half time (aided by poor goalkeeping) and Dortmund had to play the last half hour without Haaland so did naturally lack a cutting edge against a top class, experienced Bayern side. That being said there wasnt really a flicker of a late rally and it was a different game without 80k Dortmund fans aiding their cause. It did not feel like a decisive day in a title battle at all.