SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wolves V Rovers Preview

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was me, listening to Radio lancs

Too true !!

I had to switch my laptop off at 85 minutes and pray quietly.

Massive result. Professional performance from the boys and great support from those who travelled down. Gutted I couldn't make it COYB

I don;t follow her honest :unsure: , but:

Danielle Lloyd ‏ @MissDLloyd

Close

Fuming! How dare protesters start on jamie when he is carrying our son! Am disgusted should be ashamed! disgrace #getbehindthelads

Retweeted

I take it the Wolves fans will be slaughtered now?

great result...but KEAN OUT AND VENKYS OUT!!!!

Honestly, how does this comment help the cause of Rovers staying in the top tier of English football?? Utterly confused at your support towards your football club :wacko:

Brilliant result and somehow we're still fighting to stay in this league. Come on you Rovers :brfcsmilie: !!

How doesn't it help?

Save the comments for when we're safe. It doesn't take a blind man to see that with Kean and Venkys in charge we're ultimately going to be doomed, but whilst the ship is still sailing we need all the positiveness we can get..

Wolves were diabolical out there today. Can't see them picking up another point playing like that.

We were better and there were some reasonable performances out there.

The 3 points were massive for us but there is still an awful lot of work to do to have a midfield that breaks teams down and a defence that is genuinely strong.

Venkys out. Kean out.

Save the comments for when we're safe. It doesn't take a blind man to see that with Kean and Venkys in charge we're ultimately going to be doomed, but whilst the ship is still sailing we need all the positiveness we can get..

Yes, because comments on a message board are going make or break our season.

Abbey's point stands.

Yes, because comments on a message board are going make or break our season.

Abbey's point stands.

:lol: righto!

great result for the history of our club tonight, let's bring this energy through to Sunderland :rover:

https://twitter.com/#!/LansleyTimes/status/178526652777766913

Protests are cranking up outside Molineux now. Sack the board, we want Moxey out, Scouse Mafia out #wwfc

The press will probably side with the Wolves fans. After all they are a "massive" club.

Forget the fact Rovers has been a Premier League team for 18 out of it's 20 years - we don't deserve top flight football. :rolleyes:

Good performerance today and we have played quite good since the Livrerpool away game.

Olsson coming from a relegated Swedish side is a bargain on a free. If Rovers stay up and he gets more training with the team we have a Premiership player.

I think the 1-1 draw with Villa was good last week as I see Villa as a top 10.

I think we have a chance against Sunderland who are without Ssegnon and Cattermole who are suspended.

Just got home and now watching Game of the Day.

Great day out. Amazing how much better we look when Junior can be arsed. Also think Formica had his best game and deserves praise for how many times he got stuck in and won the ball.

But oh dear, Wolves aren't very good.

Good performerance today and we have played quite good since the Livrerpool away game.

Olsson coming from a relegated Swedish side is a bargain on a free. If Rovers stay up and he gets more training with the team we have a Premiership player.

I think the 1-1 draw with Villa was good last week as I see Villa as a top 10.

I think we have a chance against Sunderland who are without Ssegnon and Cattermole who are suspended.

Bentner is out as well.

Honestly, how does this comment help the cause of Rovers staying in the top tier of English football?? Utterly confused at your support towards your football club :wacko:

Brilliant result and somehow we're still fighting to stay in this league. Come on you Rovers :brfcsmilie: !!

Fickle

This match is crap.

There will be less and less going to Ewood at this rate.

No one should ever criticise Big Sam after this Kean dross.

You sounded genuinely gutted we were winning :rolleyes: I know it upsets you that Big Sam's gone, but it's gone beyond the point of obsession to mention him when we are winning a massive game away from home! Check out the West Ham MB's, he's as popular there as he was at Newcastle!!

Just watched it on match choice. Good result and more pleasing is the fact that Wolves look like they are doomed and their fans are creating very poor atmosphere for them. Thought Rovers fans came across very well on tv. Non stop support and the players seemed to appreciate it. Well done to all those who went to the game, think you played your part in the win.

Fantastic result! Only down side is the inevitable Keano fellatio in the Sunday papers tomorrow.

Whilst it was great we got 3 vital points against a major rival, a clean sheet (finally) and our 2nd away win of the season and gives me a good excuse to drink that bottle of whiskey that's been crying out to be drunk, having that smarmy see you next Tuesday in the dugout again next season will be a major kick in the crotch! Enjoy a rare good day at the office.

I don't know if all this has been said already. I can't be bothered to scroll back through and look to be honest. But today's win had all the trademarks of an Allardyce victory. At no stage did we dominate and at no point was the football pretty. But we did manage to defend stoutly and we pressed in key areas. Marcus and Martin Olsson exposed a weak right hand side and Hoilett was the one key element which provided the spark. Wolves had a lot of the ball but we kept them in areas which were not likely to hurt us. Despite Jarvis getting some joy, i thought Lowe stuck to the task quite well and our center backs were organised and very commited. Hanley especially. I owe him an apology because his recent form has been good.

For me, the one area which we continue to fall short in is center midfield. I just can't see how Pedersen is a top flight footballer. Today wasn't one of his worst performances by any stretch. But on the back foot he is a yard off the pace. He can't press the ball well enough and when your midfield are chasing the ball like that it ripples through the side. It draws out players from the back line and when that happens you get picked off. I think a better side than Wolves would have managed to expoloit that on a frequent basis.

All in all, a good result and some good, well drilled performances by some of the players. But Wolves are in a mess and i hope that this result doesn't raise too many expectations. We need to build on this disciplined performance and move forward. But make no mistake, we are still some distance from being a competent PL team.

Archived