BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wolves V Rovers Preview

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i wonder how many of the keanites will come out of woodwork after this game? the 'i told you so's'

It's almost as if you're gutted.

Never mind, we are a bit clear of the bottom three. I cant see Wigan getting out of it and Wolves look totally broken and dispirited. QPR remain a danger to us by dint of their strike force and manager. Hellish run in for them though.

Nice to hit the hay in the wee small hours of a Sunday morning and not have to fret about my club :closedeyes:

G'night. -_-

:lol: And you were right!

What a fantastic and absolutely crucial result for us. You know you're a Rovers supporter anno 2012 when you're so nervous that you're shaking when 2-0 up in the 90th minute, but somehow we managed to get both a massive result AND keep a clean sheet!

Possibly the most important result of our season!

Feck me - just opened a second bottle of red already and we are meant to be going out at 8.30 tonight - don't know what state I'll be in later but enjoying it whilst it lasts !

• Backroom

Feck me - just opened a second bottle of red already and we are meant to be going out at 8.30 tonight - don't know what state I'll be in later but enjoying it whilst it lasts !

Sorry I ever doubted you Mystic Mercer!

Wolves and Wigan I'd say.

Having watched a bit of QPR and Bolton earlier, I wouldn't say we are significantly worse than either of them.

We might just scrape out of this.

i dont think we are any worse than bolton or qpr .our problem

is keeping teams from scoring aginst us,sort that out anwe will be safe.......;)

A comment from somebody on my facebook. Unfortunately even when we win these days there's the need to put up with know-nothing @#/? fans from other clubs throwing in their two pennies having a go at us fans :rolleyes:

You need new friends.

Dann and Hanley are starting to look like a decent partnership at the back (Starting, ok, don't jump on me for that), Hoilett behind the Yak is actually as decent a strike force as any, might be the best in the bottom half of the table. Olsson and Olsson seems to be working.

In spite of the management we might have a team emerging from the wreckage here.

MIGHT.

• Backroom

This win feels wierd, not as over the moon as usual dont know if its because Wolves were so bad or its just the relief/shock of finally getting a clean sheet!

Feels as good as ever for me :)

We have to enjoy them when they come at the moment.

This match is crap.

There will be less and less going to Ewood at this rate.

No one should ever criticise Big Sam after this Kean dross.

You're gutted we won, i can tell. 2 up and you start mentioning your bumboy BIG Sam :rolleyes: Think WHU messed up again today, booed off as usual,the biggest wage budget in the div and 7 strikers who can't score! Aye, BIG Sam is the messiah.

coco is out of the blocks and running already

1708: Blackburn boss Steve Kean, after his side's 2-0 win over Wolves: "It's been a long time coming but we've been working very hard on our shape. We defended from the front and we never gave Wolves time to play any quality balls. This has been a good ground for us and I'm delighted with our travelling fans. For everybody involved it's been tough but the results are coming. We have picked up eight points from our last few away games now, the fans are behind us and the atmosphere at Ewood now is fantastic. Let's put all that what happened behind us now. We knew that this month would be important, we have some good games coming up and we can put daylight between us and the bottom three. We've made progress today. The spirit and the togetherness that we showed today are as important as the points."

:blink:

TBH

I hadnt let the game cross my mind all day as I have been in Manchester with the girlfriend all day. I took a peak at the score in the interweb just before half time and saw Rovers had taken the lead, funny I still didnt have any interest in the result such has been my disdain over this season abnd the venky/kean regime. Finally arrived at the girlfriends back in westhoughton and switched on Soccer Saturday and Rovers promptly scored again !

2-0, 3 points and a clean sheet to boot. I saw the way the players reacted coming off the pitch and that heartened me.

Still, despite 3 points and a clean sheet the result means nothing if we cant beat Sunderland a week on Tuesday.

Happy with the result, happy with the points delerious with the clean sheet !

wolves appear to have gone legs wise, wigan too. Its between Rovers, Qpr and Bolton.

Just how tasty is the breezeblock derby going to be if we can win versus Sunderland ?

Kean and Venkys OUT !

You're gutted we won, i can tell. 2 up and you start mentioning your bumboy BIG Sam :rolleyes: Think WHU messed up again today, booed off as usual,the biggest wage budget in the div and 7 strikers who can't score! Aye, BIG Sam is the messiah.

Not being funny, but I could do with a season where 'messing up' consists of a draw.

coco is out of the blocks and running already

1708: Blackburn boss Steve Kean, after his side's 2-0 win over Wolves: "It's been a long time coming but we've been working very hard on our shape. We defended from the front and we never gave Wolves time to play any quality balls. This has been a good ground for us and I'm delighted with our travelling fans. For everybody involved it's been tough but the results are coming. We have picked up eight points from our last few away games now, the fans are behind us and the atmosphere at Ewood now is fantastic. Let's put all that what happened behind us now. We knew that this month would be important, we have some good games coming up and we can put daylight between us and the bottom three. We've made progress today. The spirit and the togetherness that we showed today are as important as the points."

:blink:

What's wrong with that? :unsure:

Wow! Finally a clean sheet! This one was a first for:

1. Keeping a clean sheet

2. Defending from the front and keep attacking when going into half time 1-0 up

3. Kean not messing things up with change of "tactics" or player substitutions

Don't really care that Wolves managed to be worse than Rovers were against Bolton, West Brom etc. Today I just feel proud to be a Rover and thought we performed as to be expected from a PL-team. Thought Marcus Olsson and Jason Lowe was a breath of fresh air in the team. Made us look a lot more confident when defending. Formica might not be a winger but at least he tracks back and knows how to put a good cross in.

To bad Yak had a bit of an off day compared to how he played earlier in the season - normally he would've scored at least 2 - but he has already done more than enough to both justify what we paid for him and for having sort of an off day (still som great hold-up and link-up-play).

Hoilett a different player before and after the first goal. Seemed to lose the ball and play with no confidence before - played like a billion dollars after and scored a beautiful second goal.

Time to get drunk but for once with a smile on my face! Thank you Rovers! :rover:

Archived