BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Community March

Not sure it was meant to be a reply - just depends whether you remember to click add reply or whether you just post a reply to the previous post. Think that was a general summary of what has been said on here so far.

BTW I'm one who doesn't deserve a club. I didn't march, not because i thought it was a bad idea but because I needed to have the car at Ewood as I was on a tight schedule after the match and needed to get away asap. Might seem a feeble excuse but it was fact on the day.

Not a feeble excue at all - but a reason. I was at home in the morning looking after a friends disabled son, whos mum had been taken to hospital. Maybe I do not deserve a club either.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One sentence in the BRAG press release summed up why I marched with my children yesterday: "this is no longer just about losing football matches, this is about the very future of the club and the very fabric of Blackburn." The effectiveness of yesterday's march is debatable, as is obvious from the posts in this thread. But if we can all come together to sing "Venkys out" en masse I just wish another way could be found for us to come together and try to do something worthwhile to help not just our club but our town's people who are in real danger of losing their jobs and businesses. What this something is, I don't know. But if we could focus our energy towards trying to find solutions instead of falling out, surely that would be better for all concerned.

As I posted previously it was a good day all around yesterday,

Lots turned up to March, ,Lots who did not attend either pomped their horns or applauded the people marching,

There was some good banners with lots of different messages on them, which will be beamed worldwide.

The atmosphere in the ground was great, and most of the ground joined in with Venkys out etc in the second half, which had been a constant in the first half.

We won the match, which makes for a great weekend,

So the who's, why's , bigger fan, smaller fan, do not really matter, We are all rovers supporters and ALL equal, nothing else should really matter

Below are the video's of the march,

Part 1 is people at the town hall, many more joined on route as shown in part 2

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=xUmLP9c4LQk

Part 2

http://www.youtube.c...&feature=relmfu

Not a feeble excue at all - but a reason. I was at home in the morning looking after a friends disabled son, whos mum had been taken to hospital. Maybe I do not deserve a club either.

If you wasn't would you have attended?

motd didnt really mention it. just a quick mention by the commentator

You certainly heard it on 5live. The commentary team stopped talking to demonstrate how loud it was and they were saying the whole stadium was taking part. It sounded brilliant.

For what it's worth I think it's the best form of protest. It can't be spun in any other way other than that we want Venky's out. It's not mean, nasty, can't be painted as a minority and anyone who wants to take part can.

One sentence in the BRAG press release summed up why I marched with my children yesterday: "this is no longer just about losing football matches, this is about the very future of the club and the very fabric of Blackburn." The effectiveness of yesterday's march is debatable, as is obvious from the posts in this thread. But if we can all come together to sing "Venkys out" en masse I just wish another way could be found for us to come together and try to do something worthwhile to help not just our club but our town's people who are in real danger of losing their jobs and businesses. What this something is, I don't know. But if we could focus our energy towards trying to find solutions instead of falling out, surely that would be better for all concerned.

How's babe station haha

Not sure it was meant to be a reply - just depends whether you remember to click add reply or whether you just post a reply to the previous post. Think that was a general summary of what has been said on here so far.

CORRECT

. Hit the wrong button. Nothing personal bacup.

BTW I'm one who doesn't deserve a club. I didn't march, not because i thought it was a bad idea but because I needed to have the car at Ewood as I was on a tight schedule after the match and needed to get away asap. Might seem a feeble excuse but it was fact on the day.

SPLITTER!

Too many people on here have the wrong attitude that only those who go on these marches are some kind of higher order supporter who are on a mission to save the club. Like many other like minded fans on here, Stuart has foolishly made it perfectly clear that he "deserves" a club to support on the simple basis that he marches, yet those who "blindly support" the team do not. People like me (who don't want the Venkys to be at the club and also want the best for Rovers) don't protest march because we are aware that they are now just a unified jaunt and unfortunately are as much use as a jet-ski in the desert. We think that it is more useful to support the team during the game, so that when the Venkys are bored and move on, then maybe the team is still in the highest league possible. There is no evidence to suggest that either approach is more effective than the other, no fan is better than the other, but I do feel that many of the marching supporters (or a certain vocal kind) do think that they are better than the other type of fan who show their support in a way they want to.

Interestingly enough, the Venkys out chant that rang around the ground was joined in by me and supporters like me who feel that it gets your point accross much better than wandering. Mr Kean could undeniably hear it loud and clear, as could the Indians if they bothered to watch the match/highlights. It proved a point loud and clear and it is the only way that we will protest as one against the Venkys en masse and be heard. Sadly, the owners hold all of the cards because despite of the numpties on here who permanently discredited their valid arguements by crying corruption, third party ownership of players, points docking, administration in Dec, Jan, Feb, March, April...it has proved to be absolutely unfounded and the Venkys will only sell up and move on when they choose to do so.

As for the supporters who are lauding it up when we lose or who campaign for people to stop supporting the team...I'm going to take a Stuart-esque stance on them and say that as far as I am concerned you are nothing but a bunch of pricks, who don't deserve a club to support.

Having read the last few pages i'm disappointed. Yesterday the supporters showed unanimously in the stadium that we have a common goal, how people wish to achieve this is their personal choice. To criticise those who don't want to march is not right, to criticise those who want to march is not right either and to say that the marches achieved nothing then applaud the crowds chanting of Venkys out is a strange one to me. The chant yesterday came months too late in my opinion, the marches have kept our problems in the spotlight for months and that is why i will continue to take part in them, however never will i criticise those who don't want to participate. People say it won't make a difference if 10,000 march? yet believe 10,000 singing it in the ground does make a difference! this baffles me somewhat.

Yesterday was not about the Action Group, or any group. It was a community march for the people of Blackburn, in addition to supporters from outside the area to come together and show their concerns about the way their football club is being dismantled and its town is being neglected. Yes the Action Groups name was always going to be attributed towards this as it was organised by them, discussed with the authorities by them and all press issues were published by them. They provided the platform and many people attended the march simply because they care and it felt right to them as individuals, many of these people are even unaware the Action Group exists.

Are people who attend marches, lesser supporters? NO, are people who don't attend marches lesser supporters? NO and are any of these people to blame for what's happening? NO. Each supporter makes a choice whether they support the marches or not and that is their right to do so. What needs to stop is supporter blaming supporters, there is only one lot of people who are to blame and they own/work at the club.

Having read the last few pages i'm disappointed. Yesterday the supporters showed unanimously in the stadium that we have a common goal, how people wish to achieve this is their personal choice. To criticise those who don't want to march is not right, to criticise those who want to march is not right either and to say that the marches achieved nothing then applaud the crowds chanting of Venkys out is a strange one to me. The chant yesterday came months too late in my opinion, the marches have kept our problems in the spotlight for months and that is why i will continue to take part in them, however never will i criticise those who don't want to participate. People say it won't make a difference if 10,000 march? yet believe 10,000 singing it in the ground does make a difference! this baffles me somewhat.

Yesterday was not about the Action Group, or any group. It was a community march for the people of Blackburn, in addition to supporters from outside the area to come together and show their concerns about the way their football club is being dismantled and its town is being neglected. Yes the Action Groups name was always going to be attributed towards this as it was organised by them, discussed with the authorities by them and all press issues were published by them. They provided the platform and many people attended the march simply because they care and it felt right to them as individuals, many of these people are even unaware the Action Group exists.

Are people who attend marches, lesser supporters? NO, are people who don't attend marches lesser supporters? NO and are any of these people to blame for what's happening? NO. Each supporter makes a choice whether they support the marches or not and that is their right to do so. What needs to stop is supporter blaming supporters, there is only one lot of people who are to blame and they own/work at the club.

Nicely put :brfc::tu::brfc:

In fairness to Stuart, he said that people who watched the Arsenal game did not deserve a club, not those who could not attend for a varying number of reasons.

One reason I believe the marches will not achieve anything. Is the matches a beemed over to India, whereas unlikely any marches will be. It is ok letting people over here know supporters are not happy. It is getting that message over to India.

One reason I believe the marches will not achieve anything. Is the matches a beemed over to India, whereas unlikely any marches will be. It is ok letting people over here know supporters are not happy. It is getting that message over to India.

The press coverage the marches have received over here are the reason everyone knows the supporters are unhappy! I would also find it very hard to believe the owners have not had their attention brought to these protests.

The press coverage the marches have received over here are the reason everyone knows the supporters are unhappy! I would also find it very hard to believe the owners have not had their attention brought to these protests.

The owners couldn't help but hear the Venkys out chants yesterday, well done to all concerned.

To those who say Venky's don't get the message.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/et-now/corporate/Venkys-face-ire-of-EPL-team-Blackburn-Rovers-fans/videoshow/11652515.cms

[/quote

......and then one of those disgruntled supporters goes and spoils it by posting this comment below the article:

]Daniel Doody (Macclesfield)

20/02/2012 at 03:49 PM

Venkys where is your honour?? You are a disgrace to all Indian companies and a laughing stock in the footballing world! Bernard Matthews is laughing at you! NOW GET OUT OF OUR CLUB

Written with as much creativity as a BRAG press release.

www.football-italia.net/17972/chaos-genoa-siena-halted

Now that is a protest! Good work Genoa fans and fair play to the captain for facing them and doing want they asked. Also Sculli must have balls of steel for facing them after refusing to give up his shirt.

Considering the underhand actions, lack of respect and incompetence from Kean, his agent and owners since day 1 of them taking over, any Venkys out chants is months too late.

Better late than never tho I guess...

Mark1875-It's now roughly 48 hours since the march, I have a couple of questions.

1. Do BRAG have an indication of roughly how many attended? More or less than was hoped?

2. Do BRAG consider the event a success? If so in what ways? What objectives were achieved, if any?

3. I witnessed several marchers drinking alchohol on route. Did the march route go through any Alchohol Prohibited areas? I beleive drinking is banned on Blackburn town centre streets.

4. Are there any more events planned before the end of the season?

Thanks in advance.

Too many people on here have the wrong attitude that only those who go on these marches are some kind of higher order supporter who are on a mission to save the club. Like many other like minded fans on here, Stuart has foolishly made it perfectly clear that he "deserves" a club to support on the simple basis that he marches, yet those who "blindly support" the team do not. People like me (who don't want the Venkys to be at the club and also want the best for Rovers) don't protest march because we are aware that they are now just a unified jaunt and unfortunately are as much use as a jet-ski in the desert. We think that it is more useful to support the team during the game, so that when the Venkys are bored and move on, then maybe the team is still in the highest league possible. There is no evidence to suggest that either approach is more effective than the other, no fan is better than the other, but I do feel that many of the marching supporters (or a certain vocal kind) do think that they are better than the other type of fan who show their support in a way they want to.

Interestingly enough, the Venkys out chant that rang around the ground was joined in by me and supporters like me who feel that it gets your point accross much better than wandering. Mr Kean could undeniably hear it loud and clear, as could the Indians if they bothered to watch the match/highlights. It proved a point loud and clear and it is the only way that we will protest as one against the Venkys en masse and be heard. Sadly, the owners hold all of the cards because despite of the numpties on here who permanently discredited their valid arguements by crying corruption, third party ownership of players, points docking, administration in Dec, Jan, Feb, March, April...it has proved to be absolutely unfounded and the Venkys will only sell up and move on when they choose to do so.

As for the supporters who are lauding it up when we lose or who campaign for people to stop supporting the team...I'm going to take a Stuart-esque stance on them and say that as far as I am concerned you are nothing but a bunch of pricks, who don't deserve a club to support.

Excellent post

Archived