BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Was yesterday the start of The Great Escape?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of the remaining 4 death row clubs, we're the clear favourites of them all to go down, as confirmed by the bookies. However, it isn't without hope, we just need something special to happen to help us get the 6 points required which I think will almost guarantee us staying up. Spurs is the big game, we need a huge slice of luck, (a sending off, dodgy pen etc, Holiet playing absolute blinder). Bizzarly, I'm not convinced that Wigan will beat wolves on the final day, think wolves will play better without the pressure, they looked OK at city yesterday. If Bolton dont get anything at Villa on Tuesday, think they're also down. I worry re this fixture given Villa's injuries. Chelsea, may also rest their complete 1st eleven for the final day, if they make the champions league final, so that might be less hard! All to play for, however, we're no longer in the realms of effort and hard work, more we just need to role a 6 and the fat lady needs to catch a cold.

• Backroom

I'm usually fairly cautious in outlook but I'm staggered by the pessimism on here.

Logically, you would think 'a bridge too far' but I've got this gut feeling that wins against Wigan and a demoralised, dejected and knackered Chelsea will see us through.

Well, if I'd had known it was as easy as us beating Chelsea pal I'd definitely have been far more optimistic.

QPR will beat Stoke, Wigan will beat Wolves and it'll all be over. We'll go down with Bolton.

Guess Nicko isn't such a great judge of a manager!!

I agree with this. The only way this won't be the outcome is if we get something (probably need a win) at WHL/Stamford Bridge. I just can't see that. I'll hold on to the thread of hope until its over though.

The big thing in my mind, which is kind of reducing the sadness at where we are heading this season, is that IF we survive I can't see anything other than another relegation battle (and probably relegation) next year. So there is a part of me that feels the club (not the fans) deserves relegation now for the way it has been so appallingly managed and run over the last 18 months. Lets get it out of the way now rather than continue a lingering death. I just hope it causes Venkys to cut and run and take that scrote Kean with them.

I'm usually fairly cautious in outlook but I'm staggered by the pessimism on here.

Logically, you would think 'a bridge too far' but I've got this gut feeling that wins against Wigan and a demoralised, dejected and knackered Chelsea will see us through.

Tosh.

I fear your opinion is based solely on the last result we've just had.

3 points from a possible 18, and you think we'll take 6 from the last 9 available? Do me a favour.

Spurs have been appalling lately, so a difficult game to call I guess. But they should dispose of us quite easily on the day. % chance of a win there - 10%

Wigan have been on fire against the big clubs, had a reverse at the weekend, but I reckon Martinez will have them raring to go. I have this one down as a draw.

Chelsea - demoralised? Come on, get real. I reckon we'll already be down by then, so who's going to be demoarlised. It'll be a rubbish game, chances of a win - 10%.

I reckon we'll pick up 2 points at most. That's not pessimism, that's looking at the playing squads and the form guide.

You're rather capricious in your outlook.

The only issue with the Chelsea game is that they are likely to be outside the top 4. If they are in the final and still with a chance of making the top 4 I would imagine they'd field a strong team. However if they can't make the top 4 then we'd probably see a slightly weaker team. But then Liverpool fielded a weakened team and we all know what happened then.

We've been "selling assets" for years. Or have you forgotten waving goodbye to players like Bellamy, Bentley, Santa Cruz and Warnock? Our club has no choice but to limp on unless someone is charitable enough to invest enough money into the club. Otherwise we will continue to "limp on" hoping that our gambles on unproven or past it players actually pay off.

It's unbelievable that some people go on and on about how important Rovers in the Premier League is to the town, and then say how they'd rather go down.

Yes we have always been a selling club but in the past we've always tried, with varying degrees of success to replace players. Now there no effort to bring even players of similar ability in. We have a Sunday league pub mentality oh you don't stink of booze and curry from the night before how about playing for rovers.

I don't know how important rovers bring in prem is to the economy of the town etc but in my opinion, and not speaking for anyone else, I would prefer non league football without kean and venkys than prem football with them.

The prem is the holy grail but with venkean and the media putting the boot in constantly its a nightmare and let's call a spade a spade if kean and venkys both here in 5 yrs time we will experience relegation after relegation after relegation.

Yep, too late - we'll be relegated and if you finish in the bottom 3 after 38 games, then you deserve to be relegated.

I think we'll take an absolute tubbing at Spurs this weekend.

Rovers are the side that out-of-form teams love to play and strikers like Heskey or Carroll are guaranteed a goal against.

Wigan I think we'll beat at home and Chelsea is the wildcard, but realistically they should beat us comfortably.

Either way, too little, too late.

We've been "selling assets" for years. Or have you forgotten waving goodbye to players like Bellamy, Bentley, Santa Cruz and Warnock? Our club has no choice but to limp on unless someone is charitable enough to invest enough money into the club.

I don't think you "get it" Miker. I don't think you understand what the Raos are doing here. The sale of virtually every experienced player in one season alone should ring the alarm bells for you. It obviously seems no different to you than at any other time in our history. I see what they're doing here, as do many others. This is not really comparable to recent times when quality players have left for, in the main, two reasons - either they wanted out, or we decided the offers were too good to refuse.

I don't think you "get it" Miker. I don't think you understand what the Raos are doing here. The sale of virtually every experienced player in one season alone should ring the alarm bells for you. It obviously seems no different to you than at any other time in our history. I see what they're doing here, as do many others. This is not really comparable to recent times when quality players have left for, in the main, two reasons - either they wanted out, or we decided the offers were too good to refuse.

Correct Den, in the past it has been maybe our best player being signed by a top four club for a major fee. One a season who were replaced in the next transfer window.

Not 6,7,8 players all leaving for free except samba. with no quality replacements Is this the difference you were pointing out?

Correct Den, in the past it has been maybe our best player being signed by a top four club for a major fee. One a season who were replaced in the next transfer window.

Not 6,7,8 players all leaving for free except samba. with no quality replacements Is this the difference you were pointing out?

It is bradeagle. This is all part of the plan to get us into the CL.

As an interested observer then I'd imagine Wigan and QPR to finish on at least 37 points - though Stoke won't be a walk in the park for QPR but they will be at home.

Means you need at least 6 points plus either a massive goal difference swing over QPR (and of course to improve on Wigans) and/or Bolton to fail to get 7 points plus from 5 games (which seems hard to call, they've got games against teams with little to play for but also have hardly set the world alight).

Going to be very tight for you, Wigan, QPR and Bolton - plus if Bolton were to beat Villa they will have a few twitchy games as well.

I wouldn't want to call it right now but it does look a mammoth task for you to get out of the bottom 3.

The depressing thing is, that IF we somehow stay up, Kean is going to be lauded as a hero and the Venkys will just continue with their asset stripping over the summer.

This would leave us with an even worse squad next year in the premiership, with Kean still in charge, which frankly will be embarrassing and would be certain relegation. The only benefit would be to the owners as they pocket the extra tv money before we go down next season.

The depressing thing is, that IF we somehow stay up, Kean is going to be lauded as a hero and the Venkys will just continue with their asset stripping over the summer.

This would leave us with an even worse squad next year in the premiership, with Kean still in charge, which frankly will be embarrassing and would be certain relegation. The only benefit would be to the owners as they pocket the extra tv money before we go down next season.

nail on the head, next year would be even weaker side with clown and co still in charge

Tosh.

I fear your opinion is based solely on the last result we've just had.

3 points from a possible 18, and you think we'll take 6 from the last 9 available? Do me a favour.

Spurs have been appalling lately, so a difficult game to call I guess. But they should dispose of us quite easily on the day. % chance of a win there - 10%

Wigan have been on fire against the big clubs, had a reverse at the weekend, but I reckon Martinez will have them raring to go. I have this one down as a draw.

Chelsea - demoralised? Come on, get real. I reckon we'll already be down by then, so who's going to be demoarlised. It'll be a rubbish game, chances of a win - 10%.

I reckon we'll pick up 2 points at most. That's not pessimism, that's looking at the playing squads and the form guide.

You're rather capricious in your outlook.

It's just a gut feel !!!

I couldn't rationalise it.

Unfortunately, where Rovers are concerned, sometimes my heart does rule my head

Biggest dilema of my life (and I have had an extreme one) is Rovers this season, we survive and Kean is as you say the Hero for putting us here in the first place and Venkys stay.. against the possibility of us being torn apart as Venkys stay when we are relegated and blead us dry before selling us on.

I would rather us stay up to avoid the possibility of all hell breaking loose, I do believe someone somewhere has more information and it is not good, how can Keans agent also be the main advisor as well as the guy who setup the whole deal to sell us, and nothing untoward be going on at the same time. We already know the rules where broken as Kean was bypassing the board which is not allowed but for some reason nothing happened.

Archived