BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The least surprising corruption bust of all time? This needs to end with Blatter dragged out in handcuffs.

seeing blatter constantly evading any kind of comeuppance even though everybody knows he's a rotten scumbag reminds me of the way saville got away with "it" all his life and not until after his death was his name really dragged through the mud, but it was to late then to see him charged for his crimes in court.

Disclaimer!!!! - Of course Saville's crimes where immeasurably worst than blatters, but I'm sure you get my point.

Was listening to the radio about an hour ago, they were on about this. Apparently, one of FIFA's big wigs Chuck Blazer (you guessed it, an American) had done a plea bargain a couple of years ago after being found guilty of corruption. So he recorded details of some of his subsequent meetings. The radio were speculating that if all this has come to light on the back of one official's evidence, is there a lot more to come out now there's more in lumber? Lets hope so.

• Backroom

The authorities must have some pretty hard evidence, to make such a brazen move against FIFA and to make such bold claims straight away about widespread corruption.

Blatter and FIFA will do what they always do, attempt to slither away from the fall guys and claim they knew nothing of any wrongdoing. I don't think it's going to be so easy for them this time, though.

The quotes from FIFA this morning were quite frankly embarrassing, claiming it was "a good day" for them. It just shows how untouchable they still believe their organisation to be. Hopefully they'll soon be slapped down by some pretty crushing evidence.

I would say it is an extremely surprising bust given the way the filthy FIFA gravy train has been rattling along for decades. The FBI involvement gives the whole thing a sensational twist.

I do wish those septics would refer to it as football.

• Backroom
An adviser to Nicolas Leoz, a member of Fifa's Executive Committee, suggested that the FA Cup be named after the Paraguayan during email discussions with a consultant to England's 2018 bid.

Leoz was one of the four Ex-Co members accused by Lord Triesman during evidence to a parliamentary committee last month but cleared by a Football Association report submitted to Fifa last week. The world governing body last night published the 33-page summary of the report by James Dingemans, which the Fifa president Sepp Blatter declared yesterday required no further action.

During his extraordinary press conference at Fifa's HQ here yesterday, Blatter said: "There are no elements in this report that would prompt any proceedings."

Nevertheless Dingemans did not deliver the verdict that Fifa appear to be claiming. The detail of the background to Triesman's claim that Leoz had asked for a knighthood – which he denies – does little to counter an impression of a body in desperate need of reform.

Dingemans publishes an email from Les Dickens, who acted as a part-time consultant for England 2018, in which he quotes Alberto Almirall, an advisor to Leoz. The email says: "He [Almirall] brought up the subject again, about some kind of honour/recognition for Dr Leoz. Regarding the offer to name a cup after him Alberto's comments were 'Doctor Leoz is an old man and to go to England just to meet the Prince and go to the cup final is not reason enough. If this is combined with, say, the naming of the cup after Dr Leoz then that could be reason enough' his words literally.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/fifa-member-wanted-fa-cup-to-be-named-after-him-2291221.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1392550/FIFAs-Nicolas-Leoz-wanted-FA-Cup-named-him.html

what you mean like your doing now?

my post was no more or less necessary than any other post on this forum, it was just a thought I had on the topic, nothing more nothing less, but if it instigates further discussion then great imo. but in this case there's only you that's responded to it directly, so I don't even know(or care) what your issue is.

Nice to See Football Federation Australia's favourite Charity Jack Warner has turned himself in, wonder if Mrs Warner will give her necklace back that the FFA bought her

Corruption goes back 24 years say US Attorney General (contains a good video from the press conference)

http://www.espnfc.com/fifa-world-cup/story/2468775/fifa-corrupt-over-24-years-says-us-department-of-justice

ESPN E60 Reports on blatter (video in a few parts about an hour long)

http://www.espnfc.com/fifa-world-cup/4/video/2469682/e60-reports-with-jeremy-schaap-sepp-blatter-and-fifa-part-1

Good morning all.

I much appreciate the many private messages of concern regarding my recent demise. To quote Mark Twain, reports of my death are exaggerated....

Jaoa Havelange fell over his relationship to his, oops, FIFA's principal marketing contractor. The company which featured in the same roll five years go which became a household name around Blackburn had the good sense to liquidate itself but there might be a parallel. There are articles in America which are suggesting a role for an un-named FIFA principal marketing company. http://www.vox.com/2015/5/27/8665577/fifa-arrests-indictmentand http://www.vox.com/2015/5/27/8674383/fifa-corruption-criminal-indictment. Vox not the most reliable of sources but every newshound in the UK is sitting on bulging files of everything you fear "might be true about football but you really wish it were still a sporting contest and would rather not know", waiting for an excuse to publish which the 14 arrest warrants in Switzerland might just be enough to get some of it past the in house legal advisors. If Blatter gets himself re-crowned, the Sundays will be in intense competition to see who dares expose the most. The Wall Street Journal and the New York Times have every excuse to join in because of American interest in the Feds and are not as vulnerable to the lawyers of he who cannot be named.

The New York Times ran a story about Blackburn Rovers in 2011 which pointed things out which UK papers would never print.

There also has probably been time for the Guardian to have read those 2.5m British Virgin Islands emails they got their hands on by now.

Might be an uncomfortable time in Brunei as I always suspected that a major football scandal breaking which has nothing to do with Rovers could have unexpected consequences.

Rovers of course are now such small beer and are neatly parked away with a transfer ban meaning we will be lucky not to follow the fates of Wigan and Blackpool next season. However, expunging Rovers' record from our Premier League relegation season sends that year's title across Manchester from City to United and that might start rankling enough influential Mancs.

As I say, unexpected consequences, but an unravelling of FIFA which even the most doubting reader must concede might happen following these 14 arrest warrants which will have been selected with a long chess game in mind (would you want your liberty dependent on Jack Warner not plea bargaining???) takes the top off the pyramid which all things good and bad are working within....

The losing bidders for the 2018 and 2022 World Cups will be consulting their learned friends for sure and if anyone looks at the ranking of Russia and Qatar in the world corruption lists..... This is the Financial Times' headline which came into my inbox as I typed that last sentence: Sponsors step up pressure on Fifa- Football body’s partners voice concerns after launch of graft probes

Cheerio.

The cavalry went in first and blatter temporarily managed a nifty body swerve but now the B52s are following close behind. Ultimately the men who pay the piper will always call the tune and I doubt the massively influential sponsors will want any further association with him. Anybody still untainted in that organisation will be convinced of the need to stick the knife into his back and twist it asap.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-32910235

Btw Welcome back Gunner.

Good to hear from you again Philip. I share your hopes that the investigation spreads much wider, as wide as possible!

I am concerned though that we have to rely on the Yanks to investigate and prosecute cases and individuals that you wouldn't normally expect them to be interested in.After all, the profile of "soccer" in the USA is nothing like that of Europe.

So where were the UK authorities or the French or the Italians? That FIFA was crooked and need genuine investigation by authorities with the power to prosecute has been known for years. Yet all we have had is a succession of internal inquiries which found no evidence of wrong-doing!

I don't often thank God for the Yanks, especially in matters of justice but they put the rest of the world to shame in this instance.

Keep posting Philip!

Beckham and Prince William courted Jack Warner for months to secure his vote for the world cup over here in 2022, now we know despite his assurances to vote for UK he decided to vote against us.

Just another example of far to much money in football, only this time its in the pockets of people that in most cases have never kicked a ball.

Good morning all.

I much appreciate the many private messages of concern regarding my recent demise. To quote Mark Twain, reports of my death are exaggerated....

Jaoa Havelange fell over his relationship to his, oops, FIFA's principal marketing contractor. The company which featured in the same roll five years go which became a household name around Blackburn had the good sense to liquidate itself but there might be a parallel. There are articles in America which are suggesting a role for an un-named FIFA principal marketing company. http://www.vox.com/2015/5/27/8665577/fifa-arrests-indictmentand http://www.vox.com/2015/5/27/8674383/fifa-corruption-criminal-indictment. Vox not the most reliable of sources but every newshound in the UK is sitting on bulging files of everything you fear "might be true about football but you really wish it were still a sporting contest and would rather not know", waiting for an excuse to publish which the 14 arrest warrants in Switzerland might just be enough to get some of it past the in house legal advisors. If Blatter gets himself re-crowned, the Sundays will be in intense competition to see who dares expose the most. The Wall Street Journal and the New York Times have every excuse to join in because of American interest in the Feds and are not as vulnerable to the lawyers of he who cannot be named.

The New York Times ran a story about Blackburn Rovers in 2011 which pointed things out which UK papers would never print.

There also has probably been time for the Guardian to have read those 2.5m British Virgin Islands emails they got their hands on by now.

Might be an uncomfortable time in Brunei as I always suspected that a major football scandal breaking which has nothing to do with Rovers could have unexpected consequences.

Rovers of course are now such small beer and are neatly parked away with a transfer ban meaning we will be lucky not to follow the fates of Wigan and Blackpool next season. However, expunging Rovers' record from our Premier League relegation season sends that year's title across Manchester from City to United and that might start rankling enough influential Mancs.

As I say, unexpected consequences, but an unravelling of FIFA which even the most doubting reader must concede might happen following these 14 arrest warrants which will have been selected with a long chess game in mind (would you want your liberty dependent on Jack Warner not plea bargaining???) takes the top off the pyramid which all things good and bad are working within....

The losing bidders for the 2018 and 2022 World Cups will be consulting their learned friends for sure and if anyone looks at the ranking of Russia and Qatar in the world corruption lists..... This is the Financial Times' headline which came into my inbox as I typed that last sentence: Sponsors step up pressure on Fifa- Football body’s partners voice concerns after launch of graft probes

Cheerio.

Go on Philip! Welcome back.

I see Visa are the first big sponsor to make a statement.

Time for UEFA (the strongest federation) to go it alone until FIFA is cleaned up.

Go on Philip! Welcome back.

I see Visa are the first big sponsor to make a statement.

Time for UEFA (the strongest federeation) to go it alone until FIFA is cleaned up.

Surprisingly to me, the strongest federation is Africa. UEFA has less than one third of the total members.

Will the other federations (who have no doubt benefitted from this "allegedly" corrupt regime) find the will to cut off the hand that feeds them?

How "linked" are Fifa & UEFA ?

Look at the link Gord posted and scroll down.

Surprisingly to me, the strongest federation is Africa. UEFA has less than one third of the total members.

Will the other federations (who have no doubt benefitted from this "allegedly" corrupt regime) find the will to cut off the hand that feeds them?

Look at the link Gord posted and scroll down.

Den

I meant strongest in terms of national associations and league clubs, not members.

Den

I meant strongest in terms of national associations and league clubs, not members.

Yeah, that's OK. I would have thought that Europe having the strongest league and biggest clubs, that they would have had the biggest representation on FIFA, - but they haven't. That's what surprised me.

Archived