BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Putin getting involved now. Accusing the USA of acting out of their jurisdiction and still backing Blatter.

of course one bulletproof dictator is going to support another...

I really hope that Sepp Blatter gets what he deserves. As a punishment he should be forced to help build the new stadiums around the world. Let's see if he thinks that there are no major safety issues then...

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It does feel off having yanks getting heavily involved in football matters though(what if our government started getting involved in there silly form of football) but that said if they help purge some of the slime out of our game it cant be to bad, although I cant for the life of me see why this Prince Ali has the credentials to be anywhere near football at such a high level.

It does feel off having yanks getting heavily involved in football matters though(what if our government started getting involved in there silly form of football) but that said if they help purge some of the slime out of our game it cant be to bad, although I cant for the life of me see why this Prince Ali has the credentials to be anywhere near football at such a high level.

The fact that it is the FBI is a big plus, it might keep the Swiss investigators honest as well. The Yanks have a vested interest anyway as they would like to stage a World Cup.

IMO football admin should be returned to where it all started but on an open book format.

I am concerned though that we have to rely on the Yanks to investigate and prosecute cases and individuals that you wouldn't normally expect them to be interested in.After all, the profile of "soccer" in the USA is nothing like that of Europe.

So where were the UK authorities or the French or the Italians? That FIFA was crooked and need genuine investigation by authorities with the power to prosecute has been known for years. Yet all we have had is a succession of internal inquiries which found no evidence of wrong-doing!

I don't often thank God for the Yanks, especially in matters of justice but they put the rest of the world to shame in this instance.

Keep posting Philip!

Soccer is growing as a sport in the USA. As a youth sport, it's by far the largest in my local community.

Also there is talk of "soccer moms" and how they think swinging elections.

Soccer has an impact on US culture, and that impact will only grow over time.

Soccer is growing as a sport in the USA. As a youth sport, it's by far the largest in my local community.

we have been hearing this for decades,

in America its seen as a kids sport(mainly played by primary school age girls it seems) from what I can see, They have their own major sports and that's that, they simply don't need another one,

they had the world cup in 94' and even that didn't turn them onto the game.

The Americans, bless em, do have the balls (mainly because they are the biggest of beasts economically) to take on international corruption. Which is just as well because the international bodies (UN etc.) are hopeless at it. If the US didn't do it no one would. Their juristiction interpretation is very wide, they have the resources, and fundamentally they see it as their business as much of the money flowed through the US.

The reason you don't see the French or British getting involved is we aren't big enough in our juristiction to take an international organisation on. The only other body that could have done it IMO would be the European union. But they didn't.

The IOC and FIFA have felt they are above the law as everyone is terrified of thier ability to award World Cups and Olympic Games. Prime Ministers and President bend to every whim. Its a joke.

I hope this case leads to serious consideration about how to handle international corruption. This is regarding the most visible of organisations. Imagine how much corruption is taking place in less well known international corporations.

That a single nation has to unilaterally step in is a total joke. We need effective international orgs.

Blatter saying they did it when he wasn't looking, so not his fault!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-32923104

unbelievable

Really is a slimey toad isn't he nothing is ever his fault and others are to blame, wonder how unaware he was of FIFA transfering money from their own accounts because South African organisers couldn't divert Government funds to make certain payments http://allafrica.com/stories/201505280532.html (#191 and 192)

Really is a slimey toad isn't he nothing is ever his fault and others are to blame, wonder how unaware he was of FIFA transfering money from their own accounts because South African organisers couldn't divert Government funds to make certain payments http://allafrica.com/stories/201505280532.html (#191 and 192)

A secretary put the wrong sort code on by mistake !!!

I bet Blatters absolutely Sh1tting himself!

The head of FBI is going after him and his corrupt mates, this should be fun.

They call him 5h!t Splatter now. I wonder if they'll throw any salt on the tantric slug?

Go on Philip! Welcome back.

I see Visa are the first big sponsor to make a statement.

Time for UEFA (the strongest federation) to go it alone until FIFA is cleaned up.

Time for UEFA to rule the roost or leave imo. All the others are tin pot leagues in comparison.

Putin getting involved now. Accusing the USA of acting out of their jurisdiction and still backing Blatter.

Well he would wouldn't he? Mandy Rice Davies. It's prob Putin's personal money that swung it.

Does Football have the same effect :rover:

Some of what they are finding is in the Americas, not sure how much of this is in Europe.

But since the US and UK are allies age-old and everyone knows England got the shaft from hosting the World Cup, it makes me wonder if this could be behind the scenes retaliation. Maybe but since the US is humbly put, much less of a football nation, maybe they thought they would do it again.

Though, again, they are finding things in the Americas, a Costa Rican got indicted, there is something to do with the FA in Chile.

In the end, maybe FIFA was ripe for the pickings, this Rice, Attorney General, woman in the US, I think she is fairly new still in that job after Eric Holder.

Someone behind the scenes in one of these countries might have said "we've had this s--- long enough" and they are getting rich, FAs like Brazil are notoriously corrupt, probably a number of others too.

The political worry is that the USA increasingly sees itself as the world's policeman. No need for the UN then!

I am pleased to see FIFA held to account at last but am concerned about the longer-term ramifications.

• Backroom

The political worry is that the USA increasingly sees itself as the world's policeman. No need for the UN then!

I am pleased to see FIFA held to account at last but am concerned about the longer-term ramifications.

To be fair, the UN are useless. If it had been left up to them nothing would ever have happened.

How ironic that when the super abundant FIFA dirt at long last hit the fan, it should be the USA, still not a major power in football, which should have finally exposed and challenged the appalling corruption which has been synonymous with FIFA for so many years.

The splendid American investigation is said to be going back some twenty years, but it might just as well go back to 1974 when Joao Havelange bought and bribed his way to the Presidency of FIFA at the expense of Stanley Rous. From that moment morality went out of the window.

Yet again one is reminded of the saying of a 17th century English philosopher: “For evil to triumph, it is enough for great men to do nothing.”

Read more at http://www.worldsoccer.com/columnists/brian-glanville/fifa-crisis-evil-triumphed-because-great-men-did-nothing-362251#kZUx7VmCUBIWLg5r.99

To be fair, the UN are useless. If it had been left up to them nothing would ever have happened.

To be even more fair the UN would never look into allegations of bribery in sport. Not what it was set up for.

However, the US cannot simply step in whenever there is a problem anywhere in the world.

That's my point. Good luck to them with this one though!

However, what the hell were our authorites doing? Collecting parking and speeding fines is only one part of law enforcement!

Archived