Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Norwich 1 -1 Rovers

7½ hours??? Christ, your rail system really is messed up wink.gif

Anyway, my team:

Stead    Bothroyd      

Djorkaeff  Reid   Ferguson   Emerton

McEveley  Short   Johansson  Neill

Friedel

I'd like to see Thommo in midfield when he returns, doesn't really matter where. And perhaps Peers should be given a chance at RB.

A narrow win for Rovers.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All you predicting a win are crazy. Come on how long have you been following rovers this one smacks of humiliating defeat.

Let's study the facts, we just had a good game agianst one of the leagues supposedly better team. What do we Always do after a good display, we sit back felling all happy happy joy joy about ourselves and we get beat.

Norwich have not won in the Prem. No brainer there, if ever there was a team that was charitable in ending bad streaks it's us. Everytime there is a bad run for the opposing team, or one of their players is on a dry spell we dutifully oblige and help put an end to it. Plus Matteo might be back

Sorry but I don't see us coming away with anything.

Exactly the same as against Liverpool thankyou very much.

Tugay and Ferguson really impressed me lon the weekend and could be the key against Norwich. In previous weeks and months the defense has not had adaquate cover but Ferguson, and Tugay in particular, really impressed me at just how hard they got stuck in whilst also creating a lot of chances. If they can re-create that then I fancy our chances.

Usually I would say replace Reid on the right because he really is an awful right winger, but in recent weeks he has shown the qualities needed in a fight like this, though perhaps far better suited to the centre or in place of Neill.

Up front, Dickov and Bothroyd linked well and Bothroyd in particular needs to build on his last performance and his goal tally.

In defense, Johansson and McEveley really impressed and the only liability appears to be Neill. Replace him - I do not care if Peers has no premiership experience, right now a division 3 player would be better than Neill.

My team

Freidel

Peers / Johansson / Short / McEveley

Reid / Tugay / Ferguson / Emerton

Bothroyd / Dickov

Score - 1-0 Rovers

No predictions on the score......but there was a very interesting article in the Football Supporters magazine,or whatever it's called, about Norwich: about how the club had come back from a real downward spiral and how they had gone out to their potential support to explain the mistakes they had made and to help win back crowds.They were very successful on and off the pitch without spending an awful lot of money.

Norwich's point at Man City tonight means we are bottom again.

Norwich impressed me tonight  and look ready to gain their first victory of the season against us.

Norwich 2 Rovers 1

what!

Norwich impressed you!

I thought it was a dire match with 2 poor teams. Norwich had 1 real shot on target and that was the goal, 12 seconds into the 2nd half.

If you find that impressive Jim, then how come Rovers dont look like Arsenal when we play in you eyes

Edited by greggyk

For once, I will be extremely happy if there are no team changes this Saturday but will be watching the bench to see if Thompson and either MGP or de Pedro are included.

Make no mistake, this is a six pointer.

For Rovers, it is a huge MUST NOT LOSE game- not losing away is as big a psychological leap for Rovers as winning would be for Norwich. Whatever happens on Saturday, there will be one less 0 on the Premiership League table.

I am with jim, I have been impressed by Norwich from what I have seen of them on TV. They scrapped well for their point at Citeh, survived a howler by arguably the best young British keeper around and rode their luck well. It is not only Rovers who do not get given blatant penalties as City found out. Norwich looked to be as toothless away at City as Chelsea were and look how Chelsea discovered how to score goals against us in their next match!

In their previous home game against Everton, Norwich built an impressive head of steam and probably gave the Toffees the most uncomfortable twenty minutes of the season so far, scoring twice in the process. If they can do that to David Moyes' well ordered players, they are capable of ripping Rovers apart. McKenzie and Huckerby can go past our defenders for fun and will do so on Saturday at some point.

So, I will not be surprised by Norwich 4 Rovers 0....

Just bitterly disappointed. However, it is the result I am predicting if Sparky adopts 4-5-1 containment tactics and a must not lose approach even though a lot of logic would point to that being the best thing to do. I desperately hope that he sees the need to isolate the Norwich speedsters by keeping Norwich on the defensive so they cannot throw several players forwards together.

However, if the 4-4-2 team Rovers put out against Liverpool turn up, tightened by another week of intensive fitness and tactical coaching and prozone has been put to good use, there is no reason why Rovers should not win this game and quite comfortably at that. Emerton and Ferguson should enjoy themselves and the Norwich defense is poor enough for Dickov's industry and Bothroyd's strength to yield goals. If Rovers secure more than 50% of the possession,

make that Norwich 1 Rovers 3....

Time to sit on the fence. I expect Norwich will score early in the second half yet again meaning that Rovers conceed early in the second half yet again.

Even though, man for man, Rovers are the better team for once, a surprisingly entertaining and good natured game will end frustratingly:

Norwich 2 Rovers 2

Edited by philipl

So, I will not be surprised by Norwich 4 Rovers 0....

make that Norwich 1 Rovers 3....

Norwich 2 Rovers 2

lol ...

you could at least have come up with a scenario for match abandonment as well !

3-1 to Blackburn if Stead Plays

2 goals for Stead (20 yard screamer finally goes in, and gets another tap in late on), 1 goal for Reid

2-1 to Blackburn otherwise

1 goal for Dickov(comes off his shin from 1 yard), 1 goal for Reid

A lot of pressure in the last 10 minutes

Norwich haven't won all season, they're looking at Swindon's record of 15 games. Rovers haven't won, or got a point away all season. Rovers are coming back off a spirited performance against a good team. Looks to me like Norwich's first win; but I'd love to be proven wrong.

This game doesn't appear to be on any of the satellite channels , so Richard Dinnis will have to suffice smile.gif

Excellent preview from my good friend AESF - I believe the paperback version is out shortly (complete with illustrations ) smile.gif

Norwich 1 - Rovers 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.