BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Norwich 1 -1 Rovers

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone is in Norfolk on Thursday, BBC's Local Radio station in Norwich have a Thursday night, Norwich City based show called"The Scrimmage".

Each week they like to get a fan of the opposing team on the phone in a slot they call "Getting to know You".

As the Canaries entertain Rovers this weekend I've agreed to represent Rovers fans in the phone-in (about 6:20pm)

Thanks to roversactive for the contact.

Agree entirely with philip l, this is A MUST NOT LOSE GAME for us. A draw won't represent a bad result in the general scheme of things but we can't afford to lose three points to Norwich as things stand.

I'll go 1-1 but I just hope we go down there and try and play our normal game to try to win the three points rather than simply adopt a containment strategy.

We saw against Chelski this isn't our forte.

We will learn alot about the management style of Hughes on saturday - do we keep things tight and hit on the break or press forward to try and dominate poor opposition even though we are away.

I note Thompson and Pedersen are playing for the reserves tonight and hope they play themselves into the squad.

Of most importance I hope the same eleven start as against Liverpool. We need to build on what was a decent performance for us and try to build team understanding in what is often a poorly balanced side who are not working coherently.

I think a lot depends on our forward line - Norwich's defence will probably cope pretty easily with Dickov's style of play, ditto Stead in his current form as they're used to it in Div 1. However, Djorkaeff dropping off into the hole behind Bothroyd would be a much trickier proposition for them. If we play those two, I reckon we'll win 2-1. Otherwise, I think a 1-1 draw is on the cards.

I think a lot depends on our forward line - Norwich's defence will probably cope pretty easily with Dickov's style of play, ditto Stead in his current form as they're used to it in Div 1. However, Djorkaeff dropping off into the hole behind Bothroyd would be a much trickier proposition for them. If we play those two, I reckon we'll win 2-1. Otherwise, I think a 1-1 draw is on the cards.

I tend to diagree, I think Norwich will have a hard time with Dickov, he will be worth his weight in gold this game. My feelings are he will totally unsettle them, we must go into this game with the frame of mind that we should all games. Go to win.

Im like a few of you, slightly mad that I cannot now get tickets for the game because I never thought it would sell out. I took the liberty of ringing the ticket office which said that they hadn't actually sent any of the allocation (700) back and were actually refused more tickets. Hmm... dry.gif

Anyway, Looks like I can't go to Norwich, the first game Im going to miss all season sad.gif

Im like a few of you, slightly mad that I cannot now get tickets for the game because I never thought it would sell out.  I took the liberty of ringing the ticket office which said that they hadn't actually sent any of the allocation (700) back and were actually refused more tickets.  Hmm...  dry.gif

Anyway, Looks like I can't go to Norwich, the first game Im going to miss all season  sad.gif

I've just sent in an email regarding that Liam coz one minute it said on the website there was more if required then it just basically said "This game has now been sold out" I wasn't sure whether I could go or not but didn't think there was any rush!

Edited by Ben-2000

Same team as last time, same tactics (bar first ten minutes and dodgy free kicks) and Rovers should win.

Norwich often leave themselves vulnerable at the back so we need Tugay or maybe Djorkaeff to be on top of their passing game to hurt Norwich. I'd like to see Stead in for Dickov but otherwise wouldn't change the team. I think Reid's better at centre mid but we need one of our better passers to occupy the second centre mid slot. Really hope Matteo doesn't play if fit, I'm not sure what Hughes sees in him.

It's already been said loads of times but Rovers CANNOT afford to loose this game. However after our last performance I'm quietly confident about this one.

Even at this early stage of the season this is a huge game. Norwich will be well up for trying to secure their first league win. Lots of hype surrounding the fact they have not won a league game yet. Whats the bet Huckerby proves he can play in the Premiership this game....

There could be a wee gap appearing if we lose and it will just heap more pressure on our squad.

Liverpool game provided many positives but we still did not pick up 3 points and we have a really dire total at the moment. We have to win the battle in this match as it will be a real scrap. Dickov will play and hopefully the 2 Jays. Centre of midfield still concerns me, Tugay was silly in the last game with picking up bookings again and he really cannot be expected to defend properly. All he can do is run around a bit headless and attempts to put off opponents.

Anyway I am rambling on..... Norwich 0 Blackburn 2 (Reid and Dickov)

Sold out our allocation for the naarwich game.

http://www.rovers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Lat...,,10303,00.html

I knew this would come back and bite me on the arse some time.

B*llocks

Ditto.

The last time I had to pull strings to get a Rovers ticket was for Gillingham away - last game in Div One !

This is the headline on Norwich's official site ticket news section

EXTRA 700 TICKETS FOR BLACKBURN MATCH

CITY are pleased to announce that approximately 700 extra tickets have become available to Club Members for Saturday's Premiership clash with Blackburn Rovers at Carrow Road.

The Lancashire club have confirmed they will not be taking their full allocation for the game, so there will be extra seats available for Norwich fans in the Jarrold Stand.

I've just sent in an email regarding that Liam coz one minute it said on the website there was more if required then it just basically said "This game has now been sold out" I wasn't sure whether I could go or not but didn't think there was any rush!

I have now been offered a ticket. Apparently there were some spare from the ones they keep behind for the players families etc.

One big problem for us in this game is that our central midfielders will not get any space. With the exception of Ferguson our midfield (Emerton, Tugay and Reid) cannot cope with close man marking very well. Brett has shown some ability to turn a man on the left but it is going to be a whole different kettle of fish to the Liverpool who stood off us.

Saying that, we posess so much more quality than them we have to get a least a 'convincing' draw (ie. we looked the better team) or a win.

The team should remain unchanged. If Thompson is fit, stick him on the bench. Pedersen too.

2-1 Rovers

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.