BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Thanks Dunny

Paul

I think David Dunn should be congratulated on his game today. He played well, didn't run around trying to prove anything and above all when he scored in front of the BBE his celebration was very muted. Well done David.

Good to see the applause for him when he was subbed. I was a bit late, did he get a good reception?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason why it was muted was because his team mates jumped on him before he had a chance to.

Dont know why he got a good reception. Just because he's from Blackburn does not hide the fact he is and was an average player.

I think its a disgrace he gets cheered and the likes of Alan Shearer get booed every touch they make at ewood.

Dunny is/was far from an average player. He was brilliant, sometimes even mercurial when in a rovers shirt. Unfortunately he was plighted by injury and inconsistancy and getting over £5m for him was tremendous business.

He clearly loves the club and gave us reason to love him back. His one-man crusade to peg back Arsenal at Highbury being one example. He got nearly ten goals a season and laid on plenty more. At one point being a mainstay in the national team was just a matter of time

A disappointment? Yes. Average? No.

Dunn's interview post match on MOTD suggests to me that he is still a Blackburn fan,however, he seemed to be even slower around the pitch today but he is still a mercurial talent whose career will be diminshed by his recurring hamstring problem.

When Dunn is healthy and on his game, I wistfully wonder how good our midfield might be with him, Ferguson and Emerton. Sadly, he's not healthy and on his game enough. I'd hold no grudges and want to see him succeed against all other teams but us, but have to say, it looks as if Souness was right on this one. Good piece of business, I agree.

The reason why it was muted was because his team mates jumped on him before he had a chance to.

Dont know why he got a good reception. Just because he's from Blackburn does not hide the fact he is and was an average player.

I think its a disgrace he gets cheered and the likes of Alan Shearer get booed every touch they make at ewood.

In my opinion Dunn gave everything when he was a Blackburn player. I admit at times Dunn did try and be the best, but overall when he played in a Blue and White shirt he gave 100% every game.

Dunn was a huge influence why we gained promotion along with several other teams in the 2000/01 campaign.

Dunn could have ran in front of the Blackburn End but didn’t. He’s still a supporter of the club, compared to Shearer when he scored his first goal for Newcastle at Ewood in the FA Cup, grinning his face of in front of the Blackburn End.

Yes, I think Dunn conducted himself very well today. His argument was always with Souness, not with Rovers,and its apparent he's still a Rovers fan at heart, which is why he is different to Shearer. In Shearer's case he left us to play for the club where his heart is, so its hardly surprising he celebrates when he scores against us. I still think he's an arrogant git, tho!

I'll agree with Quack, he's still a Rovers' fan. He's also now a professional footballer for Birmingham so he took his goal.

I thought he did really well to keep it muted when he scored. The earliest example I can remember was when Dennis Law was wearing a Man City shirt and he scored against that other Manchester team and relegated them Oh happy daze!

A more recent example was (if I remember correctly) Andy Johnson scored for Palace against Birimingham and he kept it quiet too.

Perhaps a sign that there is a bit more to some players than ££££££s

So good he's playing for Birmingham City

Alan Shearer played for Blackburn Rovers an Newcastle, upuntill a few years ago newcastle where hardly the superclub where there? And i think you will find he is one of the best english players to ever grace a number 9 shirt.

Right now, Newcastle are only big in the area they come from.

Don't really see your point mate.

Some times Dunny is down right fantastic. Unfortunatly, thus far in his career he has not had the application or luck to display it consistantly.

Rich.

I'll agree with Quack, he's still a Rovers' fan. He's also now a professional footballer for Birmingham so he took his goal.

I thought he did really well to keep it muted when he scored. The earliest example I can remember was when Dennis Law was wearing a Man City shirt and he scored against that other Manchester team and relegated them Oh happy daze!

A more recent example was (if I remember correctly) Andy Johnson scored for Palace against Birimingham and he kept it quiet too.

Perhaps a sign that there is a bit more to some players than ££££££s

A cheeky little back heel too.

Dunny was respectful I thought, for those who watched on TV did anyone catch the shot where he sort of rolled his eyes after scoring. I thought that was a sort of a I wanted to score but Iam sorry I did. Well done to Dunny.

Couldn't agree more USA Blue - he almost looked embarrassed. But as Colin said, he's a professional footballer and he took his goal.

Dunny was always one of my faves and I was sad to see him go just because *&$#$%%#@ had an axe to grind.

Although it's hard to argue with J5m and in hindsight, the business decision probably looks even better.

Top notch behaviour by Dunny though and he deserved the applause - let's hope he never scores against us again!

i never wanted dunn to leave. but obviously the 5 m quid was welcome but whether it was put to good use is still debatable. i think that if we could get dunn in the january transfer window for 2-3m and another striker, it would be great for the club.

and of course if we survive this season and do relatively well, and southampton screws up, then perhaps we'll have a reunion of the real blackburn boys

To echo and support the acknowledgement that David Dunn was very quiet about his goal which to me and no doubt to him too, spelt relegation for the Rovers at the time it went in.

I thought Dunn played very well last night given the time he has been out and I maintain that keeping him fit is going to be a major factor on whether England pose a serious threat at the 2006 World Cup.

It is also clear that Dunn had enough character and backbone to stand up to Souness even though the lad had been letting himself down off the park.

In my opinion Dunn gave everything when he was a Blackburn player. I admit at times Dunn did try and be the best, but overall when he played in a Blue and White shirt he gave 100% every game.

Dunn was a huge influence why we gained promotion along with several other teams in the 2000/01 campaign.

Dunn could have ran in front of the Blackburn End but didn’t. He’s still a supporter of the club, compared to Shearer when he scored his first goal for Newcastle at Ewood in the FA Cup, grinning his face of in front of the Blackburn End.

I was sat in the crowd the day Shearer did that. He ran over got on one knee and with one hand pointed to the Newcastle badge and with the other pointed into the Rovers crowd. Its the only time I have noticed him to change his celebration. But with Dunny ever since the day he left he has kept on saying that he will always be a Rovers fan and the reason he left was because of the manager.

When Dunny is fit, he can be worldclass and that is my opinion and which no one else can take away. I was pleased that he had a good reception.

Oh yeah, all said I would have Shearer back tomorrow tongue.gif

Rovers did veryw well getting £5 million due to his dodgy hamstring, however when fit he was a very good player who always gave 100%.

Yesterday he played well and i thank him for not running to the blackburn end and celebrating infront of us.

I thought Dunn played very well last night .... and I maintain that keeping him fit is going to be a major factor on whether England pose a serious threat at the 2006 World Cup.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Are you serious ? Dunn is as close to getting in the England squad as I am !

Even if he were fully fit and playing at his best, can you explain how he is going to be first choice in front of Beckham, Gerrard, Lampard, Jenas, Hargreaves or Wright-Phillips ?

I think everyone here is sufferring from a case of 'rose-coloured revisionism'.

Dunny had some great games (e.g. Arsenal away, as someone mentioned).

But he also had some stinkers. If he gave 100% every single game he wouldn't have been dropped.....

.... or ultimately sold.

Dunn's interview post match on MOTD suggests to me that he is still a Blackburn fan.

I believe that when he is not playing for Birmingham, he has attended Ewood and Accrington Stanley in the past.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.