BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Three Cheers For Andrew Cole

jim mk2

It is a real shame that even though you are now the victim, indirectly, of being collectively labelled a rapist for merely being a Rovers supporter

Ooh er missus! unsure.gif

Oops. Apologies. Replace the p with c and you get what I mean, racist.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

now thats a little bit of an over reaction, a little like the £1000 fine for the offender at Ewood !

JHC even burlgars and robbers dont get fined anywhere near that amount !

Now thats also a sad reflection on the judiciary of this country mad.gif

Burglars and robbers don't get hunted with the same venom that he was.

Perhaps for the minorities, if your house is robbed tell the police you heard the perpertrator making monkey noises as he left.

Things are getting topsy turvy, I wonder when my beloved England finally succumbs to being run by the "minorities" will the English nationals still have the same rights of protection under laws against racism.

Shillito, if you don't understand what I am getting at then there is no point me trying to explain.

But if you feel that the press are "rotten" Col , why go to any length at all to influence what they are going to write ?

The fans should be HONEST . If they reckon Cole desrves cheering then fair enough . But FFS don't grovel to this corrupt bunch of clowns . Rise above it .

Phil,

I completely agree with you.

The rotten press and media has blown this out of all proportion because they are simple-minded pillocks.

So, just one 15 second round of applause for Cole will put it right. You don't have to do it because you mean it or because you think it's right. It'll just put the good name of our club back on board.

It'll help distance us from those couple of pillocks.

And the media will lap it up like the fools that they are. They will love it. We will suddenly become the most friendly club in the country.

I know. Big fib.

Sad isn't it?

I just hope everyone at CC does the big cheer for Cole.

Utter rubbish Colin, nothing can repair the damage. Our reputation should have preceeded this event anyway, nothing after the fact is going to change matters. IMHO the only reason this was as big of an issue as it was is it occured just days after the Spain debacle.

Just re-read your post Colin, missed parts of it first time round. Or should I say the sarcasm did not register untill I re-read it. So not utter rubbish, OK

Edited by USABlue

USA, a normal thinking person would realise that there weren't hordes of uncouth northern youth calling Yorke. Or am I being too optimistic about the "normal thinking person" here?

It's been proven that there were just two (possibly one).

Time to get on with the rest of the life that is available to us guys.

IMO Cole was a proper player and professional. Unlike Yorke. He should be treated in the same way that Dunn was when he was subbed at the Birmingham game. With a healthy round of applause.

I would also argue that w might still be bottom but we would have more goals and Stead might still be playing - and scoring. You cannot serously say Dickov is in the same league as Cole cos he isn't.

By the way USA Blue the majority of the country here wese appalled at the Spainish supporters in Madrid and it has instilled some pride in the country as we know we are better than a moronic bunch of third worlders who have yet to grow up.

Giving the minorities a say was invented your way but we ain't in half the state some parts of the US is with opposite sexes being afraid to get in an elevator without a witness for fear of a lawsuit.

Click HERE for a previous post from Jim, giving his thoughts on Andy Cole.

Andy has gone from a player who in Jim's words has been guilty in the past of "Far too many hands-on-hips, I can't be bothered, I'm not chasing that crap pass... Can I have a week off to go to Dubai etc..." - to a man who now deserves a rousing reception.

It seems that Jim didn't like Cole's performances, but now wants to cheer him because he's black and it will look good in the eyes of the media.

Three cheers for Jim.

Hip Hip Hooray.... unsure.gif

Click HERE for a previous post from Jim, giving his thoughts on Andy Cole.

Andy has gone from a player who in Jim's words has been guilty in the past of "Far too many hands-on-hips, I can't be bothered, I'm not chasing that crap pass... Can I have a week off to go to Dubai etc..." - to a man who now deserves a rousing reception.

It seems that Jim didn't like Cole's performances, but now wants to cheer him because he's black and it will look good in the eyes of the media.

Three cheers for Jim.

Hip Hip Hooray....  unsure.gif

Missing the point as usual.

My own feelings about Andrew Cole as a player are irrelevant.

My only concern is for the good name of Blackburn Rovers and us, the supporters, who will be the focus of national media attention on Saturday.

The perception around the country now is that Blackburn is a racist club and that Rovers fans are all like Perryman. It is up to us to show the world at the Fulham match that we are not.

The best way we can do this is by showing our support for Andrew Cole.

And if you don't think every London-based photographer with Premiership accreditation will be pointing a camera at Rovers fans on Saturday, then I suggest you get your head out of the Daily Mail leader page and get down to Craven Cottage.

And take your black shirt off before you smile for the birdie. withstupid.gif

Now then tris was thou shouting at me with your highlighted scoring of half a sentence in each line ? laugh.gif

You can make all the bones you like about it but your view differs from mine and I would suspect that in the world of Football intelligence gathering I am slightly more qualified than you will ever be (job aspects that is).

Yes I agree the scenario you paint MAY be in some simple minds, it certainly wont be in everyones. That is the point I am making. The press association can only get limited passes into grounds for media coverage so on that basis every man and his pen and paper will NOT be at the Cottage.

Every fulham writing journo will NOT be looking at the fans of BRFC, they will be reporting the match facts on the team they follow.

Every Rovers reporting journo will do the same.

I am sure cynical media junkies WILL try and manage to grab or buy a headline that will score such a massive hit within the media world of soocer and racism, thats the way some of them tick.

Blackburn Rovers versus Fulham will be in the media spot light as much as the other games in the Premiership notably Arsenal v Liverpool.

This whole matter is not about the supporters of Blackburn Rovers, the BNP or anything to do with the football club, its about one, maybe two moronic idiots who saw fit to abuse a black player. You, me and joe bloggs are NOT under the spotlight, you may think so but your not.

So niaivety does not come into it, as much as you would like to suggest.

realistic, optimistic or pessimistic. I know exactly what the travelling brief for the Lancashire Police is for the game on Saturday, its about identifying TROUBLEMAKERS to the local old bill, its about ensuring the correct safety of the away supporters and its about sharing experiences of other forces ways of treating other supporters with a view to ensuring that every Police area that houses a football club aims for the same thing. That is safety and enjoyment and on the odd occasion dealing with public order.

I think you will find that over the past 4 years there have been less than 6 BRFC supporters arrested for offences within the ground.

Thats my view and I am sticking with it tinykit.gif

Edited by 1864roverite

Jim, Singling out a Black man because he's Black would do the opposite, no matter the intentions.

Actually I disagree. I think that by giving Cole a big round of applause it emphasises the point that the vast majority of the crowd were booing Yorke for non-racial reasons. That will be the perception whether we like it or not. I will aplaud Cole for what he did and no other reason. However anyone who cannot see how much under the spotlight we will be on Saturday is just kidding themselves.

Jim, Singling out a Black man because he's Black would do the opposite, no matter the intentions.

Actually I disagree. I think that by giving Cole a big round of applause it emphasises the point that the vast majority of the crowd were booing Yorke for non-racial reasons. That will be the perception whether we like it or not. I will aplaud Cole for what he did and no other reason. However anyone who cannot see how much under the spotlight we will be on Saturday is just kidding themselves.

But doesn't cheering Dunn do the same thing? If anything, booing Dunn or Duff next time would prove the point just as well.

Fair play to you cheering him for what he did on the pitch, but Jim wants him to be cheered for what 2 drunks did off the pitch.

Now then tris was thou shouting at me with your highlighted scoring of half a sentence in each line ? laugh.gif

You can make all the bones you like about it but your view differs from mine and I would suspect that in the world of Football intelligence gathering I am slightly more qualified than you will ever be (job aspects that is).

Yes I agree the scenario you paint MAY be in some simple minds, it certainly wont be in everyones. That is the point I am making. The press association can only get limited passes into grounds for media coverage so on that basis every man and his pen and paper will NOT be at the Cottage.

Every fulham writing journo will NOT be looking at the fans of BRFC, they will be reporting the match facts on the team they follow.

Every Rovers reporting journo will do the same.

I am sure cynical media junkies WILL try and manage to grab or buy a headline that will score such a massive hit within the media world of soocer and racism, thats the way some of them tick.

Blackburn Rovers versus Fulham will be in the media spot light as much as the other games in the Premiership notably Arsenal v Liverpool.

This whole matter is not about the supporters of Blackburn Rovers, the BNP or anything to do with the football club, its about one, maybe two moronic idiots who saw fit to abuse a black player. You, me and joe bloggs are NOT under the spotlight, you may think so but your not.

So niaivety does not come into it, as much as you would like to suggest.

realistic, optimistic or pessimistic. I know exactly what the travelling brief for the Lancashire Police is for the game on Saturday, its about identifying TROUBLEMAKERS to the local old bill, its about ensuring the correct safety of the away supporters and its about sharing experiences of other forces ways of treating other supporters with a view to ensuring that every Police area that houses a football club aims for the same thing. That is safety and enjoyment and on the odd occasion dealing with public order.

I think you will find that over the past 4 years there have been less than 6 BRFC supporters arrested for offences within the ground.

Thats my view and I am sticking with it tinykit.gif

1864, No offence but I think you are being naive if you believe there won't be an increased focus on BRFC supporters from the media tomorrow. sad.gif

Teasing little quote from Andrew Cole:

"But it wasn't looking possible that he [souness] would move on in the summer because the board - or anyone else - weren't prepared to do it.

In other words, the general feeling at the club was that Souness should be given the boot but the board took the easy option and did nothing.

Either way, Cole's gone and we miss him.

I've given my top set a special clean for the paparazzi tomorrow. Can't wait to see my piccy in the papers !

Yes Cole's comments basically add up to "it was him or me" and the club decided Souness was worth another chance. From the outside that would have been my verdict too. However the lunatic moves in the transfer market combined with what appears to a loss of the support of key players means we're better off without.

As to booing ex-players I find the whole exercise pointless.

Cole deserves a good welcome from the Rovers' fans. It's just a shame he's on the opposing team tomorrow.

Edited by Paul McGarry

my view is now that some of our members should actually now sit on the sidelines with the media reporters and photographers and video techs and see that on that on match of the day on Saturday night and on pay per view we will see nothing but different camera angles of the away supporters rather than the action of the pitch !

I wonder if there will be more than one commentator reporting on how Mrs smith and daughter have matching gloves, or Mr and Mrs Scott are wearing the same type of panties !

JHC they may even report that Mr and Mrs average are even having a hard time opening their flasks to get their coffee out !

I think the sky watchers tomorrow are in for a treat, I mean 1100 Rovers fans having a whole 105 minutes tv coverage, a whole set of national weekend papers covering THEM ALONE and every god damned media nut reporting on each and every supporter of our team, both at the game and at Blackburn,Prteston,Blackpool,Burnley,Accrington,Gt Harwood Christmas markets where the unfortunate supporters are out shopping with the other half !

pound for a penny BRFC dont even appear on the back 3 pages of each national, they wont appear on the evening news and will be lucky to get more than 2 minutes on MOTD.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.