BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Three Cheers For Andrew Cole

jim mk2

With the name of our beloved club being dragged through the mud because of the actions of two moronic individuals, Fulham on Saturday provides the opportunity to show the world what real Blackburn Rovers supporters are made of.

Fulham fans will be a full baiting mode and the national media will be watching and listening to everything we do so let's show them the true Blackburn Rovers by raising the roof at Craven Cottage and giving Andrew Cole the biggest and best reception he's ever had.

After all, he would still be at Ewood Park and we would not be bottom of the league but for a bone-headed former manager.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No! No way am I grovelling to that sulky scowling barsteward. It'd be bloody embarrassing in the extreme. Dont forget the big baby shot off to the PFA to complain about Souey victimising him. What the flerk are you on?

Stuff him! He'll be trying to hammer as many nails into our coffin as possible on Sat. Why should we encourage him? He got seriously well paid and took 7m of our dosh with him. The Yorke affair has sod all to do with Cole. Period.

How crass and stupid if BRFC supporters give Cole a hearty 3 cheers just because he's black and then boo Shearer again as usual come Boxing Day because he isn't.

btw Have you got to the dribbling in the armchair stage yet? It sounds like it. Bucky must also be daft and as as much a simpering apologist as you!

Edited by thenodrog

I would applaud Andrew Cole his contribution to the club. On the whole he did well in his time here.

To suggest we would not be bottom of the league with him is a stupid comment.

Also last season was not the most memorable. He fell out with the manager and the relationship they had broke down completely but so did a lot of other players.

Edited by John

Fulham fans will be a full baiting mode and the national media will be watching and listening to everything wedo so let's show them the true Blackburn Rovers by raising the roof at Craven Cottage and giving Andrew Cole the biggest and best reception he's ever had.

I vowed last season never to attend away matches after Rovers morons spoilt my afternoon by standing up in front of me.

I decided to give it another try at Norwich - and the same thing happened again. Thank you very much you cretins.

I shall not be attending away matches again - and neither will be other members of my family until the clubs weeds out these anti-social miscreants.

Your self imposed ban didn't last very long did it ?!

We'll be in the Eight Bells before the game, and if you come and introduce yourself I'll buy you a pint of Guinness.

You can cheer and clap him if you must but just not during the 90mins on the pitch! Its not right to give an opposition player credit for doing well against you, even more so when he is an ex player. AT full time by all means sing all your andy cole songs. But back the current crop to do the business.

With the name of our beloved club being dragged through the mud because of the actions of two moronic individuals, Fulham on Saturday provides the opportunity to show the world what real Blackburn Rovers supporters are made of.

Fulham fans will be a full baiting mode and the national media will be watching and listening to everything we do so let's show them the true Blackburn Rovers by raising the roof at Craven Cottage and giving Andrew Cole the biggest and best reception he's ever had.

After all, he would still be at Ewood Park and we would not be bottom of the league but for a bone-headed former manager.

I wish I could pull up some of the things you wrote about Cole before he left, before you were siding with anything anti Souness.

Maybe a useful player a couple of seasons ago but now another lazy so and so.Also prone to getting sent off to often.Maybe a ripple of applause before the game starts.

Whatever happens I'm sure the Murdoch pigsty/sorry press will report a totally version of what actually happened.

One of the things Souness did right towards the end of his tenure.

Edited by SouthAussieRover

jim has a good point about the watching media.

Would be good PR for the fans and the club to give Andy Cole a cheer when he comes out.

Unlike Yorke, Andy did make a major contribution to keep us in the Prem and scored the winner at Cardiff. He is also the second all time greatest Prem goal scorer and just like the top, spent a significantt amount of time at Ewood.

He's an exceptional player, be it at Newcastle, Manure, or Fulham and certainly at Blackburn. Though he didnt really score while he was at Rovers, he certainly put if a lot of effort and created many chances for others to do so. Even at the age of 33 at Fulham, he's already scored 5-6 goals. There's no doubting his pedigree and we certainly should give him a warm reception at Ewood.

I'll give Cole a good reception down at Fulham and here at Ewood.

In his first season he kept us up, and played part in winning us our first trophy in a few years.

He did have a bad season, never got a good run of games because of hamstring injuries and did get some stick, deservedly so in some cases.

Last season his goals were very important in keeping us in the Premier League.

Not only his goals, but he was playing for the club and the fans, not just for himself.

Remember the reception Cole got on the lap of honour after the Birmingham game last season?

Fulham fans will be a full baiting mode and the national media will be watching and listening to everything we do so let's show them the true Blackburn Rovers by raising the roof at Craven Cottage and giving  Andrew Cole the biggest and best reception he's ever had.

You're right, we wouldn't be where we are now if Souness hadn't sold our best goal-scorer. But that's another debate.

Edited by Rovermatt

Fulham fans will be a full baiting mode and the national media will be watching and listening to everything we do so let's show them the true Blackburn Rovers by raising the roof at Craven Cottage and giving  Andrew Cole the biggest and best reception he's ever had.

You're right, we wouldn't be where we are now if Souness hadn't sold our best goal-scorer. But that's another debate.

.........except Cole wasn't sold, he was given away!

tinykit.gif

Edited by MCMC1875

Fulham fans will be a full baiting mode and the national media will be watching and listening to everything wedo so let's show them the true Blackburn Rovers by raising the roof at Craven Cottage and giving  Andrew Cole the biggest and best reception he's ever had.

I vowed last season never to attend away matches after Rovers morons spoilt my afternoon by standing up in front of me.

I decided to give it another try at Norwich - and the same thing happened again. Thank you very much you cretins.

I shall not be attending away matches again - and neither will be other members of my family until the clubs weeds out these anti-social miscreants.

Your self imposed ban didn't last very long did it ?!

We'll be in the Eight Bells before the game, and if you come and introduce yourself I'll buy you a pint of Guinness.

I don't think we should be cheering Cole at all. A lot of the time he didn't seem to care about his performance or the teams.

He was lazy and only put in the effort when it suited him

As for the match on Saturday, I'll be there and catch up with everyone then. First away match of the season but there is Palace in 2 weeks time too

That didn't stop Jim endlessly berating him during the thirty months he played for Rovers though.

My point exactly, and all the while calling for us to have signed Hartson.

Oooh wait a mo' Hartsons white and Cole is Bl.... Nah it couldn't be.

Cole left the club on good terms with the fans and only left because of differences with Souness...I believe his move was forced against his will.

Only had Praise for our fans and did not go blubbering to the media.

One game doesn't make a player great but memories of the best day out ever in Wales still burn bright.

That didn't stop Jim endlessly berating him during the thirty months he played for Rovers though.

My point exactly, and all the while calling for us to have signed Hartson.

Oooh wait a mo' Hartsons white and Cole is Bl.... Nah it couldn't be.

You're missing the point I'm trying (and obviously failing) to make.

Thanks to those two "fans" on Sunday, Rovers are now seen as a racist club with racist supporters and by supporting Andrew Cole the Fulham match gives us the chance to show the nation that we are not.

Or perhaps you think we should boo Cole because he is one of our former players ? In view of events at the Birmingham game, and with the press and TV cameras watching, I don't think that would be a good idea, do you ?

I think Andy was forced to leave Rovers. The way he lingered on the pitch and looked round after the players' lap of the field made me feel quite sad. I'd give him a cheer, but only the one, mind. He's a Fulham player now. huh.gif

I don't think Blackburn fans have anything to prove - our fans aren't racist. The Yorke thing was an isolated incident that obviously emanated from the Spain game, bringing the idea of making monkey chants to the forefront of some uni-brain-celled characters.

However, I agree with Jim, that although we know that Rovers fans aren't racist, the sensationalist media will be trying to put an alternative spin, so applauding Cole would nip that in the bud and make some hacks look stupid.

As for whether Cole deserves applause - Worthy Cup and helping to avoid relegation and acted in a dignified manner on falling out with Souness - deserves brief recognition, I believe.

You're missing the point I'm trying (and obviously failing) to make.

Thanks to those two "fans" on Sunday, Rovers are now seen as a racist club with racist supporters and by supporting Andrew Cole the Fulham match gives us the chance to show the nation that we are not.

Kinelll......Pass me a sick bag...........

I know! Better still. Lets go the whole hog in excorcising our collective guilt in the full glare of the worlds press. Mimicry is the best form of flattery so lets all black our hands and faces, get big sticky out teeth from the joke shop biggrin.gif and amble slowly around in circles to show the world just how much we all really idolise our late lamented hero Dwight Yorke.

What a bloody farce! Would anybody want him back? Would they hell! Unfortunately whats done is done, its not my fault, BRFC's fault, or anybody elses fault that I can readily think of and the spontaneous actions of some p1ssed up kid with half a brain is not going to get me to behave like a whipped cur for the worlds press. Get some dignity Jim.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.