BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Crystal Palace 0 Blackburn Rovers 0

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

48% chance of us winning, while its 28% of us losing. Close one, but I think we might just win this one!

Rovers 2

Spurs 1

and that was your prediction for the spurs game.

Which proves that mathematics means nothing in football

Would be happy if I could predict 50% of the games. But dont get ahead of yourself greggyk, because its all guessing really... wink.gif

Edited by krislu

Hughesy has a massive problem for next week. We dont want to be bottom 3 going into the Christmas period as if we are we wont get out sad.gif

its that last bit that has got me seriously concerned sad.gif

Eh?

The only thing to avoid is being bottom on New Year's Day, being in the bottom three but not actually bottom is nowt to be worried about.

smile.gif

I've been a Rovers fan for at least 10 years now, and I have to admit I've never lost my faith in a new manager in Rover's history this fast..!

The Gaffer doesent use his best player's at all ..

Pedersen, Douglas and McEveley should have been playing tonight .. and I'm sorry to say I'm tired of seeing small scottish players put their terrier teeth in a Palace leg to make a point. ph34r.gif

This is obviously a lot of frustration in my mind right now.. But for God's sake .. Use Pedersen!! thumbs-up.gif

I'm quite sure he will make a huge impact if he get's to prove his ability..

Ok, before I start Crying .. just plege a little more faith in Pedersen!!! rover.gif

First of all you are the fool if you think you are some expert who knows anything Greggyuk!

"Yeah, because those 15 goal a season striker are really being let go by their clubs."

So you think a 15-goal striker isnt really available huh?What about people who arent getting games like Saha?So what do you suggest genius?Lets stick with 5 goal a season hard-working workhorses and potentially 10-15 goal strikers who arent scoring?

"Why should Pederen play, he's rubbish!!"

Your expert analysis tells you this huh? rolleyes.gif From what huh?You dont know crap,you dont know if he has what it takes or he doesnt and NO SANE person can write off a player after 3 starts!If so,then we should have given up on half our team if not all by now.They aint doing the business.

"Why should be play a 15stone left winger De Pedro-he's worse!!"

Another inspirational statement by a guy who sits behind a monitor and writes off players,in this case a World Cup represantative and leading assister in La Liga just 2 years ago.So from your 45 minutes you realised he is garbage huh?So he was unfit,but it was the first game of the season and he had missed half the pre-season and most of last year.Big Deal!!

"a decent result away from Ewood. I dont know what some idiots expect"

Ya it is a DECENT result,but MATE DECENT results aint gonna keep us up.Wake up and smell the coffee!A 0-0 draw against a fellow relegation battler isnt what we need,we need wins.Ya at least we didnt lose,but where are we gonna get our 3 points from?HUH?Maybe you are fooling yourself.

"We have a very average team who dont have the ability of most teams to score most times we get near the goal. We have work as a team and not give silly goals away, and rely on Dickov to get us the goals "

Hence my point about getting a good striker in!If we are gonna rely on Dickov as our main goalscorer,then we are doomed.He is at best a 10 goal supplementary striker,not the main one!He misses far more than he puts away.I aint slagging his overall contribution though.

Blackpool Rover,

If 99% of the board are living in dreamland and you are part of the 1% awake portion,then maybe you should revise your numbers,I think it will be the other way around with regards to

"Somebody gets it and talks sense. Thanks greggyk i was beginning to think everyone on here was still living in dreamland, but its only 99% of the board."

"i quote yellowsub 'its time to unleash MGP'....my god, what are u on, if mgp played today he would have been slaughtered, i could give a bigger battle than he does. "

How would you or I know if he would have been slaughtered?Just the same way Matteo was supposed to be killed by Routledge?You are also saying that you have what it takes more than an international player who has done reasonably well for a 23 year old,granted not yet in England?If you do,go down to Ewood,we could use you.

withstupid.gif

"a decent result away from Ewood. I dont know what some idiots expect"

A 0-0 draw against a fellow relegation battler isnt what we need,we need wins.

A draw at Palace is a decent result by our standards, and everyone needs wins you clown. On another day we might have won this game, but in all fairness we dont have the quality to win scrappy games like this..

And whats with the huh's? Its not rugby this you know...

we cant keep on blaming Jump-ship Souness forever.

yes he bought all these players,but on their day alot of them are decent and cant become BAD overnight.

the problem is we lost alot of BETTER players without ever improving the team,instead choosing to improve the SQUAD.

We can keep blaming souness`s squad until hughes makes the changes.

the players didnt turn bad overnight, i`m sure for the last 18 months or so we have been in the same position.

my point was that looking at our fixtures over the next 12 games we can ill afford to be bottom 3 going into the new year.

we can close the gap on the next 6 teams above us and put a bit of distance between those lesser teams IF we pull our tripe out and that means

beating everton, newcastle,drawing at bolton and villa, beating charlton and then beating bolton at home.

we are seriously in trouble and if you dont think that then your blatant ignorance of the relegation factor is one you should bottle up and sell as you will make millions rolleyes.gif

Its going to be a VERY close thing as to whether we take the drop or not. I'm afraid to say draws against the likes of Norwich,Palace and WBA so far just aint good enough and we all know it!

Its just beginning to sink in just how poor we really are all over the pitch.

Fingers crossed for the rest but we have hardly made any headway to date to be honest....disappionted to say the least with today.

sad.gif

we are seriously in trouble and if you dont think that then your blatant ignorance of the relegation factor is one you should bottle up and sell as you will make millions rolleyes.gif

Not jokingly in trouble, then? huh.gif

Of course we are in trouble. I do recognise that, even a blind man wearing blinkers sat the wrong way round on a galloping horse going down a tunnel at night can see that. But so are 7-or-so other clubs, they're not all going to go down are they?

Forget who we're playing, it's largely irrelevant. We have been making improvements, and we just need to sustain that general trend and we will escape. Even if we are in the bottom-three at Christmas, as long as we're not bottom, that simple truth stands. We could be fourth-bottom at Christmas and get relegated or third-bottom and not, or any other permutation, that doesn't matter so much as the general trend in form (as well as getting some decent players in Jan!)

Relegation places are decided in May, not December. To panic about being third-bottom at Christmas is drama queen hysterics of the first-order.

Its going to be a VERY close thing as to whether we take the drop or not. I'm afraid to say draws against the likes of Norwich,Palace and WBA so far just aint good enough and we all know it! 

Its just beginning to sink in just how poor we really are all over the pitch.

Fingers crossed for the rest but we have hardly made any headway to date to be honest....disappionted to say the least with today.

sad.gif

you predicted a draw so why are you so disapointed

bloody drama queens!

And if there was an award for slating the bloody obvious, then you 1864roverite, would win it. cool.gif

Edited by greggyk

I'm right behind the manager even if the unthinkable does happen but 2 wins in 12 league games under Hughes has hardly been the best of starts and does not enpower confidence in our long term ability to pull ourselves out of the brown smelly stuff whichever way we try and dress this dire situation up.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

Hahhahahahahahahahahahaha deep breath.... hahahahahahahahahaah. Officiating is a pure joke, it's an absolutely summation of incompetence and inconsitancy. If you look up inconsistant in the Dictionaty there is a picture of a football ref there. Yeah, the FA will do something about it. They will back the idiots 100%. It's the FA got them as stupid as they are. They are killing the game man just killing it.

The usual tripe from afar.

Guest Kamy100

It isn't to bad going to Palace and getting a point. From all accounts but for some good goalkeeping in the first half we would have beaten them easily.

Over the last couple of months have read what a lot of people have been saying on here and always got the impression that people REALLY believed that we would slowly move up the table, however always personally felt that it was not going to be case. We are one of six teams whom could go down and it will go down to the wire, it is going to be a case of slowly accumlating points (which the team have started to do) and hope that we can get the wins in the key matches at home against the likes of Crystal Palace, Norwich and Southampton. I take heart from the clear fact that from the bottom five we have the best squad and from what I hear there are likely to be a couple of additions to the squad very early in the transfer window. Over the xmas period we have 4 games in 8 days, it is absolutely crucial that we stay in touch with the other teams during this period, the fans from what I have seen have been brilliant over the last 18 months and now we have to make sure that each and everyone of us gets behind the team and try to inspire them. Keep the faith guys, yes the road ahead is long and bumpy but we have to all believe that at the end of it there is light.

It isn't to bad going to Palace and getting a point. From all accounts but for some good goalkeeping in the first half we would have beaten them easily.

but that's what we have to ask ourselves- how come we just didn't have it in us to defeat a poor crystal palace side. we desperately miss king cole, he gave us such good flowing movement up front and his link-up play with Stead was really blossoming. i think stead really misses an intelligent forward up front with him. bothroyd is nothing compared to cole, gallagher is bright but fades out after awhile, the real matt jansen please stand-up, dickov works himself into the ground but isn't as intelligent as andy cole.

i suppose as a positive we didn't lose and kept a clean sheet but we need consistent victories. grinding out draws against weaker teams will not keep us up people.

sorry was this the same Cole that was slated from here to austrailia for being useles, slow and disinterested?

I said at the end of last season he was important to us but buggerall of you listened.

Its amazing how quickly peoples tunes change.

I myself have now come to the conclusion that possibly maybe Hughes might, one day, actually work out okay. Possibly rolleyes.gif

I agree. Its about time for Hughes to unlease MGP!

Unfortunately he can't do - The lad is so short of match fitness at PL level it's untrue. In fact I would wager I am fitter at present. biggrin.gif

Another fact worth looking at is that whenever he plays for Norway, (and against internationals obviously) he either scores or weighs in with a fair number of assists. The ability is there but his tempo for the English game isn't.

Whilst I admit he looked poor at the beginning of the season, I can't help thinking that had he been given a run in the side we would now be seeing the benefit.

Emerton has been playing well and so has Reid which has made it difficult for MGP to get a look in. Emerton initially played well on the left and during the course of games has tended to switch flanks with Reid more than once. During the last few games when Emerton has moved to the left he has not been as effective and I feel that Emerton on the right with MGP on the left would be the ideal scenario and give us better balance. For reasons mentioned above this is becoming nigh on impossible.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.