BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Crystal Palace 0 Blackburn Rovers 0

After achieving our first away win of the season when last on our travels, Rovers return to London to face fellow strugglers Crystal Palace.

After a convincing win down at Craven Cottage and a frustrating but decent performance on Saturday against Spurs, I’m sure the players and fans will believe we can get a result against the Premiership newcomers.

The one to be wary of however is striker Andy Johnson, second top scorer so far this season, he has been on red-hot form for Palace, I will be interested to see how well our defence copes with him.

I was hoping to have a chat with somebody from a Palace Supporters Club to get an alternative view on the game, but so far I have had no response. If I do hear anything and manage to get something together I will add it to this post.

My prediction for this game is a 2-1 victory to the Rovers!

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Palace 0

Rovers 0

Another extremely poor game, with us drawing 0-0 for the first time in three years. And with West Bromwich facing Charlton at home, while Norwich host Bolton at Carrow Road, and Soton grabbing a win against Boro, then we will be rock bottom Sunday morning.. sad.gif

Personally I feel we will win this one.

Unchanged side apart from the reintroduction of Gray at left back. Gallagher to retain his place as he should get more space- I cant see Palace being as tight as Spurs although i am sure they will try to emulate them.

I would like to see MGP on the bench.

3-1 Rovers

Victory ohmy.gif

2-0 to the lads, all fingers crossed!!!!

On the official site is there no way of picking which seat to sit in at ewood, there used to be, or will i have to use the trusty phone????????????????????????

tickets for newcastle match have my name on them!!!!

With tricky games coming up, this is beginning to get into must win territory if we are to avod the dreaded bottom at Christmas slot.

Comes down to who wants it most. Dowie has the added needle of haviing been passed over for the Rovers job.

2-2 draw.

Palace are thoroughly cheesed off after Johnson's penalty miss and Rommedahl's undeserved winner for Charlton.

Football has a way of balancing these things out so the luck will probably go their way on Saturday.

The gloom to continue:

Palace 2 Rovers 1

Scared stiff at the prospect of speed merchant Routledge against our bag of nerves Jonathan Ross look alike(does Nissa practice that surprised gormless look?) Add to that Johnson's pace and off-ball movement against Shorty who looked knackered after 20 mins on Saturday. Palace's style of play is to have 3 forwards using the full width and exposing opponents for pace. Break quickly when picking up loose balls in midfield - Tugay's speciality. I predict a return almost as dismal as 3 June 1989 - and with similar long term consequences.

Palace 3 Rovers 0

HUGHES PLEASE LEARN FROM THAT SPINLESS DISPLAY THAT WAS THE SPURS GAME.

1. Nissa is no Left Back....

2. Ferguson needs to communicate more as captain

3. GIVE MGP A CHANCE

The first names on the teamsheet should be

FRIEDEL, TODD, FERGUSON (despite an abysmal display against Spurs) DICKOV

We need COMPETITION for RB as Neill has been poor for 1 1/2 seasons now. Could TUGAY fill this emergency role???!!!

SHORT is no-nonscence but unlikely to last full 90. But then the other options are seriously poor. NISSA has had his chance...HE IS SIMPLY NOT GOOD ENOUGH. GRAY or REID for LEFT BACK??

TUGAY not bad against Spurs. A dilemma now after THOMMO was dissappointing. GALLY for a sub, he seems to do 10 times better in games he COMES OFF THE BENCH!

FREIDEL

NEILL?? TODD SHORT GRAY/REID

EMERTON TUGAY FERGUSON PEDERSON

DICKOV STEAD?

Bench: Enkleman, Gallagher, Johansson, Bothroyd, Flitcroft

All those slagging off Nissa are forgetting how well he played at Fulham. Away from home, when the onus is on the home team to attack, Nissa can do a job defensively better than anyone else at the moment.

It's at home when he becomes a problem because that's where we need our full-backs to join in the attack and pressurise the opposition. Nissa can't do that.

In summary - away, Nissa good - home, Nissa bad.

All those slagging off Nissa are forgetting how well he played at Fulham. Away from home, when the onus is on the home team to attack, Nissa can do a job defensively better than anyone else at the moment.

It's at home when he becomes a problem because that's where we need our full-backs to join in the attack and pressurise the opposition. Nissa can't do that.

In summary - away, Nissa good - home, Nissa bad.

It's a very good point but doesn't count as it was 2 games ago and you should know that all players have to be judged on their last game only.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.