Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

World Cup 2006

neekoy

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Just to bring World Cup fever back to the top (well I'm excited!), only 84 days, 3 hours and 12 minutes to go!!

For anyone who is going, Nationwide are offering a free world cup guide:

(copied from email from the Football Supporters Federation)

"Whether or not you support a football team or have any passing sporting interest it would be impossible to not know that the Football World Cup is happening in Germany this summer.

The Football Supporters Federation is highly involved and supportive of this, through the organisation of the International FSF team led by Kevin Miles, by the running of the Fans Embassies at all the England venues.

Kev and his dedicated team have, with the sponsorship of Nationwide, put together itineraries, booklets, Free Lions and all details for everyone attending any of the individual - or all - of the matches. These are superbly presented, informative and essential guides to all who are visiting Germany for this, one of the World's spectacular sporting events. Each venue has been visited and researched by one of Kev's knowledgeable and articulate team.

Even if you are not attending you can be there vicariously by visiting www.footballsupportersinternational.com which site will give you all the information and there is a downloadable voucher which you can take to your local Nationwide Office and get a 150 page book. Not just the book, there are many links to all related sites and topics. The books are free and on a first come first served basis so if you have an interest then get to your nearest branch as soon as possible with the voucher. As the advertising cliché goes "avoid disappointment" do it now! "

I got my copy today and it looks really useful.

Well, Germany is certainly back on track.

An absolute farce of an effort from the U.S. defense has seen Germany score 4 in the opening 25 minutes of the second half. They're probably not done yet, either. I'm still not that incredibly impressed, however. If the U.S. had had Onyewu and Pope at the back, there wouldn't have been the complete defensive ineptitude that was on display today.

Ballack looks phenomenal though. Just what Chelsea need--another world-class player to play every other game.

Well I'm not going to Germany but I am to South Africa 2010:

CONGRATULATIONS THIS FREE LOTTO DRAW IS ORGANISED BY SOUTH AFRICAN

GOVERNMENT IN CONJUCTION WITH OTHER PRIVATE BODIES TO PROMOTE THE 2010

SOCCER WORLD CUP THAT WILL TAKE PLACE IN SOUTH AFRICA.

YOUR WINNING INFORMATION IS ATTACHED FOR SECURITY REASONS.

CONGRATULATIONS ONCE MORE.

REV. JOHN WILLIAMS

PROMOTION MANAGER

2010 WORLD CUP

So now we know laugh.gif

Looks like i've missed out on this latest stage. I had no idea there were further tickets on sale, but from reading through I presume they were on first come first serve basis?

If so, did anybody manage to get any?

Also, is there still tickets going on there all the time, or was it just the first few days?

Cheers

They say they are adding them as capacity increases, up through the 15th. Wouldn't be suprised to see some open on that tomorrow, as they are also starting a "swap" type spot on the site.

I've seen tickets for England V Trinidad (twice) and England V Sweden (once) since they've been doing the re-sale tickets. Unfortunately, as soon as you click them someone has already taken them. There has been tickets for Brazil, France and Spain too.

I've seen tickets for England V Trinidad (twice) and England V Sweden (once) since they've been doing the re-sale tickets. Unfortunately, as soon as you click them someone has already taken them. There has been tickets for Brazil, France and Spain too.

394488[/snapback]

I haven't seen any england tickets mad.gif

I can only order tickets if there are 4, or it's out of order on my mates. Seen only 1 match with 4 available and that was after the date we come back home and was a rubbish game.

I'm taking a punt and going out for the semi's and the final. I'll happily watch the group games from the Pub.

If noone else is there can I take the BRFCS flag to the final?

Edit - I only have tickets if England are in it!

Edited by Duff's Minder

I'm taking a punt and going out for the semi's and the final. I'll happily watch the group games from the Pub.

If noone else is there can I take the BRFCS flag to the final?

Edit - I only have tickets if England are in it!

394794[/snapback]

How have people gone with the resale process for tickets? Anyone picked up any gems?

Also, anyone planning on being in Frankfurt from 11-14th June and Munich from 15th-23rd June and fancy meeting up for a few beers? tinykit.gif

How have people gone with the resale process for tickets?  Anyone picked up any gems?

Also, anyone planning on being in Frankfurt from 11-14th June and Munich from 15th-23rd June and fancy meeting up for a few beers? tinykit.gif

396665[/snapback]

You'll have to remind me what games they are. Cn174 and I are going to the Australia/Brazil game (the venue I mean, not the actual game) if you're there. Any other Aussies planning to be there?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.