BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

World Cup 2006

neekoy

Re the World Cup - Are there tickets available (at a reasonable price) for group games?

I'm thinking particularly for those in Berlin, Hamburg and Frankfurt. - Basically any non-England game, being a Scot an all that!!

I've heard you can only purchase them from Fifa directly, but have had no word from them when I e-mailed.

Anyone have any ideas for a contact number for them or any idea of availability??

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re the World Cup  - Are there tickets available (at a reasonable price) for group games?

I'm thinking particularly for those in Berlin, Hamburg and Frankfurt. - Basically any non-England game, being a Scot an all that!!

I've heard you can only purchase them from Fifa directly, but have had no word from them when I e-mailed.

Anyone have any ideas for a contact number for them or any idea of availability??

396679[/snapback]

www.fifaworldcup.com

If tickets were available at a reasonable price any time you just thought "I fancy popping along to a world cup game or two" then I think a lot more of us would be going!

They've been out for a year, and people have been trying hard for a year. I'm not so sure an e-mail to FIFA will get you tickets.

Re the World Cup  - Are there tickets available (at a reasonable price) for group games?

396679[/snapback]

Ticket Centre

If you go there and look in the end column with R in it, if that is black then click it quick smart (if it's a game you want to see). Had a bit of luck with that but couldn't get 4 tickets for me and my mates for a game.

Only way we found worked was Ebay but it does mean paying at least double the face value.

Instead of €45 a ticket we paid £100 for Paraguay v T&T.

Fifa won't respond to any direct questions on it for some reason, you just get the look at the website jargon. As people have said it may be worth asking sponsors of the world cup, as you never know!

if any of you are in Berlin - i'll be based there for the duration, so give me a shout!

other than that - I'll be going to the eng v paraguay, eng v sweeden, winners of round of 16 and semi final of eng v brazil ( hope so)

64 days to go!!!

keep an eye on www.fifaworldcup.com for last minute ticket news.

england will apparantly have 150,000 fans there!

Have you actually got any tickets for the games, or are you just turning up on the off chance ??

In Frankfurt for the Paraguay game on the 10th, but its looking like we are watching it in the pub.

Have you actually got any tickets for the games, or are you just turning up on the off chance ??

In Frankfurt for the Sweden game on the 10th, but its looking like we are watching it in the pub.

396858[/snapback]

Luckily yes! I'll be stationed at Berlin for the tournament ( for work) but am hoping to be allowed out to use the england tickets! If not - i have a list as long as my arm of people who want them ;-)

Like we destroyed Portugal and Japan. It's not the England fans who are causing the problems at the moment. I'm sure Jim will have great pleasure writing all sorts of nonsense about England fans misbehaving as he did during Euro 2004 in Portugal. There were no problems at any of the games, but a typical journo doesn't let facts get in the way of a good story.

and a 120,000 on the plane back the next day after they get kicked out for destroying the place biggrin.gif

396879[/snapback]

It's a shame that you can almost guarantee some trouble amoung the minority of thugs that will go to germany and use football as an excuse to have a fight.

That aside - I think the Germans and Dutch might kick off - there is plenty of animosity there!

In Frankfurt for the Sweden game on the 10th, but its looking like we are watching it in the pub.

396858[/snapback]

I'll be in Frankfurt on the 10th, but will be watching England playing Paraguay!! wink.gif

there is 3 of us Roverites going to Frankfurt, 9th june to 13th, then nurenberg 13-17th with a cheeky night in amsterdam on way home.

Cant wait for this now, we have no tickets but are going to chance it and probably watch it in the beerkellers/tents etc biggrin.gif

come on england!

new rules on ebay

06 April, 2006 | 02:57PM BST

Due to a recent change in the law in the UK, eBay.co.uk has amended its football tickets policy.

With effect from 10 April 2006, in addition to the current prohibition on listings for tickets to English or Welsh matches, all listings for tickets to football matches occurring anywhere in the world that are part of a tournament or competition organised by FIFA or UEFA are also prohibited.

This prohibition includes the following matches:

• World Cup and European Championships matches (including qualifying rounds and the finals)

• English Premiership, Football League, Football Conference and League of Wales matches

• Champions League, UEFA Cup, Super Cup and Intertoto Cup matches

• International matches played in England or Wales (including friendlies)

• Friendlies involving England or Wales

Please note that eBay will remove any items that it becomes aware of that breach this policy with effect from 10 April.

I got there juuusssst too late. So far we have the Poland/Equador in Gelsenkirchen match on the 9th, flying into Amsterdam that morning, back to Amsterdam for that weekend unless we can get tickets to Dormund or Cologne. Back to Gelsenkirchen for the US match, then probably off to Luxembourg to drop our stuff at the company apartment. Going to the England/Trinidad match (no tickets, but will be there for the atmosphere) then to Kaiserslautern for the next US match. Back to Lux for a few days then off to Kaiserslautern again for Paraguay/T&T and off to the last US match.

We've picked a few matches in between that we'd go to if we can get tickets, but nothing yet.

rover.gif you need a few hours on the fifa site,and tickets seem to arrive,i have had quite a few games in the bag,but let them go as it has not been possible to attend,stick with it and tickets are there tinykit.gif

We're now all booked - flying into Amsterdam on Saturday 17/06, down to Dusseldorf on the Sunday and hotel near there for the next few days.

Tickets for Togo v Switzerland (Dortmund) on the Monday and England v Sweden (Cologne) on the Tuesday. Another spare day before returning home through Amsterdam.

I'm so looking forward to it now, last time I went to a meaningful international game was England v Tunisia in 1998 (Marseille) .... roll on June!!!!!

Tickets were available this morning. Got to the confirmation screen for Ivory Coast, S&M, having entered my credit card info and then got an error!

398511[/snapback]

Did the same for Australia v Brazil!

But stayed waiting in case any became available- and they did!!!! I'm going to see Bert and Lucas in the world cup! (did I mention that Lucas is really very pretty)

Edited by Jan

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.