BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jansen

Personally I think he came back too soon after the accident. It would have been best imo if he had taken a year out. He never had a proper break and that's probably what he needs now.

Best wishes, Matty, hope things work out for you.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel so sorry for Jansen that it's untrue. Not that I know the lad, but I think that this time away from football is the reason as to why Hughsey couldn't pick him-even over our free scoring strikers. He obviously isn't in the right frame of mind mentally, and I just hope that this isn't the end of his career as a professional. It's a crying shame-so much talent.

Don't know if anyone else has posted this, but the official site says:

"After taking the advise of medical officers, it has been agreed to cut his season short with a view to him returning for pre-season in the summer."

linky winky

so perhaps he's not being cut adrift yet...perhpas the club'll decide wether to offer him a new contract in the summer if he looks ok when he comes back.

rover.gif

The Matt Jansen saga seems never-ending. It's pretty damn obvious that he will never realise the potential he might have done had he not been riding round Rome on that scooter. The club have been reasonable to the extreme so far, but how long will this go on? And do they continue to pay him full wages through all this?

Hmmm. I've nothing definite to go on, so its only a hunch but the way this reads could (and not suprisingly) possibly point to a psychological problem.

Exactly.

Don't think anyone knows the true extent of Matt's problems.

I've had life threatening car smashes but never has it stopped me doing my job as well as I could before.

Hmmm.  I've nothing definite to go on, so its only a hunch but the way this reads could (and not suprisingly) possibly point to a psychological problem.

Exactly.

I've had life threatening car smashes but never has it stopped me doing my job as well as I could before.

I always knew there was a good reason for not driving through Oswaldtwistle (in addition to it being the wrong turning on the road to anywhere)

Hmmm.  I've nothing definite to go on, so its only a hunch but the way this reads could (and not suprisingly) possibly point to a psychological problem.

Exactly.

I always knew there was a good reason for not driving through Oswaldtwistle (in addition to it being the wrong turning on the road to anywhere)

To be fair my first smash was over Stanhill (not strictly ossy dry.gif ) and my second was Haslingden. I wasn't driving in either thumbs-up.gif

You mean a screw loose metaphorically and physically?

The Drog has probably hit the nail on the head.

I know this is blind(ish) faith but I still believe Matty has got it in him to be great again.

very blind faith.

It's a very sad fact of live but Matt Jansens career at rovers is over, perhaps even his footballing career. It would be the best interest of both Matt himself, and the club to release him (or not offer him a new contract-which ever comes first).

Even if he gets himself fit (mentally or physically) he needs a long run in the side, and I don't see MH giving him that. The odd start and the odd goal per season does nobody any good.

You mean a screw loose metaphorically and physically?

The Drog has probably hit the nail on the head.

I know this is blind(ish) faith but I still believe Matty has got it in him to be great again.

rover.gif YOUR FAITH IN ROVERS PLAYERS NEVER CEASES TO AMAZE ME,phil you had that 2 week fight with fergie's agent on this board were you were convinced he would stay at ewood,living in malta has obviously softened your lancashire attitude to life,matt's career at ewood is over,the guy is comfortably well off,won't end up begging on the streets,he has paid a terrible price for a mistake he made when in latin rome. tinykit.gif

• 3 weeks later...
The LET had a suggestion that there might be a "pay per game" arrangement but there have not yet been talks between the club and the player.

Have heard this is true.

Jansen will remain on the books at Rovers next season but will not receive a wage from the club. He'll get a match fee if he ever plays.

I guess this is the best way out for everyone. In a way, Matt is returning the loyalty Rovers have shown him since the accident, and at the same time keeps himself in a Premier League set up with the best people and facilities.

Rovers owe him nothing, but should the miracle ever happen that the magic returns, then it'll be Rovers who benefit.

Matt Jansen was a delight to watch. He could have reached the very top and been a regular goal scorer and playmaker in the premiership.

what I dent understand is what the situation is now? When he came back against portsmouth and scored he looked like he was getting his form back. When he scored against Birmingham it looked like he was getting his form back. Then he went of injured and i have heard nothing since. is he carrying another injury or is it just felt that he cant make it anymore.

is he carrying another injury or is it just felt that he cant make it anymore.

hes not injured but on the advice of his doctor he has been given the rest of the season of to rest. Not sure of the full story, sure someone here can enlighten us.

matt jansen is a hero to the blackburn faithfull, legend in fact!!

brilliant in the past as everyone has their own special memories of him banging in the goals every week!!

was a real star after shearer, sutton, gallagher and all departed!!

think he's still got it, his abilty was natural, the goals and team play made him a firm favorate!!

i say we got to give him 1 more year!!

sparky hughes has got this fitness training going on and i imagine in the post season he going to be working them well hard to make a challenge

for the new season.

i know we all dream, and we still sing his name on match day but it would be immense to see him back next year!!!

there is only 1 matt jansen!!!

Matt is seeing a sports psychologist and will be back next season (he hopes). On the downside he's not the bubbly guy he used to be, and looks fragile now. Not just physically- an air of vulnerability.

Hope he gets well. Nice to chat to him again

Glad to read that he is doing all the right things.

In a way it is encouraging that he isn't the old Matt and that there is a vulnerability about him. Maybe I'm clutching at straws but if that is sorted perhaps the brilliance on the pitch will return as well.

Matt is seeing a sports psychologist and will be back next season (he hopes). On the downside he's not the bubbly guy he used to be, and looks fragile now. Not just physically- an air of vulnerability.

Hope he gets well. Nice to chat to him again

rover.gif i did not want to post my true feelings off our meet,but when i shook matts hand,it was like shaking juniors,he does not look the care free guy off the pre accident,but he has a beautiful wife,adoring fans and the rest off his life to look forward too,why are my eyes filling up tinykit.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.