BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jansen

There is no room for sentimentality in the Prem. Period!

It's very regrettable no its a sin and a shame that he ever went to Rome but it's time for Jansen, BRFC and us lot on here to move on. He's been given every chance by GS and MH and it's patently obvious that he is not up to playing football at the top level and never will be again. His wage is costing us a player.

Gotta be cruel to be kind sometimes guys. Move on. sad.gif

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no room for sentimentality in the Prem. Period!

It's very regrettable no its a sin and a shame that he ever went to Rome but it's time for Jansen, BRFC and us lot on here to move on. He's been given every chance by GS and MH and it's patently obvious that he is not up to playing football at the top level and never will be again. His wage is costing us a player.

Gotta be cruel to be kind sometimes guys. Move on. sad.gif

lthough my head agrees, his performance as sub at Citeh was, in my opinion very encouraging. And given the level of performances we have seen from our forwards this season, I think he should be given a run of games in order for us all to make the decision.

There is no room for sentimentality in the Prem.  Period!

It's very regrettable no its a sin and a shame that he ever went to Rome but it's time for Jansen, BRFC and us lot on here to move on.  He's been given every chance by GS and MH and it's patently obvious that he is not up to playing football at the top level and never will be again.  His wage is costing us a player. 

Gotta be cruel to be kind sometimes guys.  Move on. sad.gif

lthough my head agrees, his performance as sub at Citeh was, in my opinion very encouraging. And given the level of performances we have seen from our forwards this season, I think he should be given a run of games in order for us all to make the decision.

Wouldn't be too confident TDI from what I've heard on the grapevine (proved true on SAVAGE) - dependent on the situatuion with Stead/ Gally and the supposed impending arrival of Bellamy its adios Matty but don't quote me

Riding motorbikes or mopeds are 100% excluded in a footballers contract as they are in any other sportperson's contract.

Riding a moped responsibly is what most poeple do, but it does not account for the other road users who are generally irresponsible to downright suicidal in Rome.

It's not been known as the most dangerous city in Europe for decades without reason............sadly Matty missed that programme

We're missing the point here. When he's been on and fit he scores. He has had a groin strain which needed an op before Christmas but looked lively enough to me.

If we let him go consider this;

He is currently our second best striker. Even this season he looked pacy, able to hold the ball and skillfull (something no other striker we have seems to have)

Gallagher - gone to pot, has little pace and never scored more that tap ins and with Emerton running round with his head up his backside unlikely to get a pass.

Dickov - our besy striker - god is this the level were at now?

Stead - Six goals, just six goals thata all he's scored for us (showed just how good Andy Cole really was in my opinion). Matty got three against Arsenal in a cup semi final.

Bothroyed - Wonder why no one else wanted him?

Johnson - a long way to go but pace at last.

That said if you had told me 2 years ago that our best striker would be a 33 year old dwarf with no pace a big gob and a bad temper I would have laughed my socks off. This puts a number of things into perspective.

Our strikers are sh+*&! and could well be be got rid of as a job lot come summer. Hughes did what he had to in the break and toughened up our defence. Nelson looks the best centre half I've seen for ages in blue and white.

We will get two possibly three new strikers in summer.

Clearout of Sennacot proportions come summer and no ones safe.

Radio Rovers stated that Jansen is out injured at the moment when someone asked why he wasn't being selected ahead of our other non-performing forwards.

In the post match interview, Hughes said Bothroyd's injury looked a bad one.

Radio Rovers stated that Jansen is out injured at the moment when someone asked why he wasn't being selected ahead of our other non-performing forwards.

In the post match interview, Hughes said Bothroyd's injury looked a bad one.

Back to square one with his thigh injury it looks like. He kicked the ground within a few minutes of coming on and looked uncomfortable after that. He could be a long time out.

What an enigma Bothroyd is, good things one minute and looking a real handful and then doing more than passable impersonations of weebles wobbling (but actually going down) the next.

We were crying out for a target man when he came on for the awfully uninspiring and frequently missing Gallagher. He immediately troubled the Burnley centre halves no end and then unbelievably retreated to link man between Dickov and the midfield. A position in which he is patently useless. I assume that this must have been because of his injury, but if not and taking into account the prediliction of certain players to play long balls it is madness to play him behind Dickov.

btw I've said before that Jansen is finished but imo he is not yet as written off as Gallagher. A fit Jansen will never be as he once was and will never be good enough at Prem level but he is good enough to keep Gallagher out.

Back to square one with his thigh injury it looks like. He kicked the ground within a few minutes of coming on and looked uncomfortable after that. He could be a long time out.

What an enigma Bothroyd is, good things one minute and looking a real handful and then doing more than passable impersonations of weebles wobbling (but actually going down) the next.

We were crying out for a target man when he came on for the awfully uninspiring and frequently missing Gallagher. He immediately troubled the Burnley centre halves no end and then unbelievably retreated to link man between Dickov and the midfield. A position in which he is patently useless. I assume that this must have been because of his injury, but if not and taking into account the prediliction of certain players to play long balls it is madness to play him behind Dickov.

btw I've said before that Jansen is finished but imo he is not yet as written off as Gallagher. A fit Jansen will never be as he once was and will never be good enough at Prem level but he is good enough to keep Gallagher out.

I realise you've got to stick up for Bothroyd as you've championed him in the past but the only thing he "troubled" last night was the Rovers fans collective patience. He looked disinterested to me and his first touch was abysmal. Whether that was due to the injury or not is hard to tell because he looked exactly the same the last time I saw him play.

I agree with you that Gally isn't up to it at the mo but to give up on him completely would be silly. He's got the touch and technique in his locker to be a useful player for us, he's just off form. Like all young players he's inconsistent but will get better with time. And like most of our strikers, he'd look a lot better playing alongside a target man or someone with real pace.

I agree with you that Gally isn't up to it at the mo but to give up on him completely would be silly.  He's got the touch and technique in his locker to be a useful player for us, he's just off form.  Like all young players he's inconsistent but will get better with time.  And like most of our strikers, he'd look a lot better playing alongside a target man or someone with real pace.

A touch generous to Gallagher.

He is lacking so many of qualities needed in a modern striker; he does not have the strength or technique to play with his back to goal, he is not a good passer and does not bring his team-mates into play, he does not take defenders on and try to beat them through either skill or pace, he is not a great header of the ball and he is not a deadly finisher in the penalty area.

So the question has to be asked: what is Gallagher for ?

A career in non-league football with Great Harwood beckons.

Although this is probably not the thread to discuss Gally, I have to say the one aspect of his game where he can provide quality is in his crossing. Perhaps a positional change is in order?

Although this is probably not the thread to discuss Gally, I have to say the one aspect of his game where he can provide quality is in his crossing. Perhaps a positional change is in order?

I've noticed his crossing ability too...but he doesn't have the qualities to be a winger because he's as fast as a slug and his crossing isn't good enough to be a Beckham-like wide player.

Kevin Gallacher was talking about him yesterday and said that through the academy he was playing in a 4-3-3 as a wide striker (I guess similar to what Duff/Robben play for Chelski), which would suit his game perfectly.

The only role I can see him possibly being a success in for us is as a Bergkamp type player because his passing (especially his through balls) look very good and he is an intelligent player. However, playing with Dickov won't allow him to play like that because Dickov prefers playing with his back to goal which is the main reason why the partnership isn't working.

Back to Jansen...I hate the way that he's always discussed in the past tense, i.e. what he was. If you talk about Jansen as he is now, regardless of what he was or what he could have been, there is no reason why he shouldn't be playing (when fit of course). He's scored two goals...two very good goals in fact, there is certainly more to support the case for him starting instead of Gallagher or Bothroyd.

To say he's finished when he's been performing equally as well as or better than everyone bar Dickov seems ridiculous to me.

Edited by LeChuck

Jansen may be equal with Gally or bothroyd but they aint good enough either.

Hopefully in summer we will let Bothroyd leave and also not renew jansens contract. Then hopefully get Bellamy and maybe one other. Some one like Henri Camara wouldnt be a bad signing

Jansen may be equal with Gally or bothroyd but they aint good enough either.

Hopefully in summer we will let Bothroyd leave and also not renew jansens contract. Then hopefully get Bellamy and maybe one other. Some one like Henri Camara wouldnt be a bad signing

I thought we had signed Bellamy ???

Who'd we get as trainer for them? Snow White? laugh.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.