SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

To Hell And Back. Dingles 0 v Rovers 0

Ste B

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My man of the match was Savage with Nelsen and Todd a close second and third - great solid performance from those guys and a fair result at the end of the day.

Tough conditions and now they've played in one derby away from home, they should be able to use that to their advantage at Ewood.

• Backroom

That was awful. No doubt the pitch played a part in that but we were shocking. They were our equals today, sadly. Disappointing. We were organized, solid at the back... but boring, useless and weak up front. Our passing was dreadul, our control poor, shooting weak, set-pieces back to normal(rubbish), and our lack of creativity was apparent, though Burnley defended steadfastly when they needed to. Emerton started quite involved, but couldn't beat any Burnley players. He then disappeared for periods of the match, I think he and Pederson switched flanks at one point... it didn't work. Pederson fell over a lot, but made a couple of attempts at scoring, probably our most dangerous player today. Dickov didn't do much, Johnson when he came on was poor. Thank goodness for Sav - true heart and fighting spirit. Thommo was ineffective, as was Reid, but I was impressed with Reid's defending during his time on the pitch.

The most entertaining thing was the dingle fan on at the end trying to start a fight with Sav(but quickly running when Nelsen (and another defender, Todd was it?) squared up to him). He was giving the police a bit of a tussle though. Burnley were gaining momentum at that point, but he thankfully depleted it and we managed to scrap our way past the last 4 or 5 minutes.

Burnley played like the Championship side they are, we did not play like a Premiership side. They made it difficult, but we should have been able to overcome it.

Not impressed... we have to pick it up at Ewood.

Edited by DE4life

The lad who did run on the pitch will get himself a good kicking, took a swing at a cop, I'm sure he'll be feeling that around now haha.

Fair result, neither team looked like scoring. Pedersen's flicked header in the first half only thing that really looked dangerous.

Thought we did play quite well though, solid in tough conditions. Gallagher and Emerton were both pretty awful though. Emerton is good at the one touch passing, but as soon as he gets the ball down and starts running he just goes nowhere. He seems to just jog towards the defender, never once did he stick to the touchline to get a ball in, though perhaps this was due to a lack of presence in the area.

Should be comfortable in the replay, they never looked like dangerous, and when we got the ball down and played they couldn't touch us, which makes me think that on a better pitch playing in a more controlled fashion we shouldn't have any real trouble.

Why is Johnson on the bench ahead of Stead and Gallagher? He's got a bit of pace, that's it. Gallagher can't play with Dickov either...why is he given game after game when Jansen was scoring goals before his injury at Christmas?

Ironic that, as an ex-striker, Hughes seems to be getting everything right except the strikers. Can't believe Stead wasn't included today, he scored midweek and I'm guessing would have been full of confidence after that...he certainly looked it on the highlights on RW.

Johnson and Gallagher/MGP wouldn't be good enough for Division One, let alone a Premiership side.

On the plus side...Todd and Nelsen look very solid, Savage is 10 times the player Ferguson is and Neill/Johansson look good at full back. Hopefully Reid will play ahead of Tugay, he's far more combatitive.

This match didn't really live up to the hype. A draw ws a fair result. Neither side created that much, although Rovers did have the better of the chances. Dickov going off was a big blow and Johnson didn't really do much when he came on. I'd go for Dickov and Bothroyd/Stead up front in the replay. Bringing the match back to Ewood is a good thing. We get to play Burnley for a second time in the season, we can have full house and hopefully the game will be shown on TV. Pedersen and Savage were the best players for Rovers, while the defence looked solid again.

That Burnley fan who came on at the end, is even more stupid than I thought a person from Burnley could be. His team were ontop going into the last couple of minutes, and he comes on, slows the game down and then assaults a police officer. Nice one! I'm lookin forward to the replay already. Any idea when it will be?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.