BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Semi Final

doowe

Just to add my little bit of fuel: there are no direct trains from Preston to Cardiff on that day. The West Coast main line is shut as far as Crewe. We could all drive slowly down the motorway I suppose and ensure that Kick Off is delayed!

(30,000 fans in 10,000 cars and coaches @ 5am : No Health and Safety concerns there then.)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FAO any ossy based rovers - we're running a coach/hotel package, going down on the Friday, returning Sunday afternoon. There might be a few places spare if anyone's interested, if your easily offended though keep away, last time was a bit messy ph34r.gif

Fantastic. If the game had to be on Saturday (which I understand) this is the best possible time for me (ok I'm selfish, but ah shucks). Now I'll have about 5 hours (ish) to get home in- so no extra time and penalties, PLEASE!) wink.gif

Edited by Jan

Not read through all 26 pages but I have just sent this to the F.A....

F.A Feedback

"I write to complain about the kick-off time of the Arsenal/Blackburn FA Cup semi-final.

As a Blackburn fan who holds a home season ticket, as well as travelling to many away games, I am used to being a mug at the expense of the FA and SKY TV with regards to the constant changing of fixtures and kick off times to suit TV and NOT the supporters.

It is an absolute disgrace that you think it is OK to have an FA Cup semi-final kicking off at 12.15pm when both sets of supporters have to travel over 150 miles. It is bad enough that fans have to do this for a league game (e.g. Southampton v Blackburn earlier this season - a 12.15 kick-off and a journey of over 250 miles) but for such an important game like this is a real kick in the teeth for the loyal fans of both clubs.

I know exactly how you will respond....by telling me that it is in my own interests and for my own safety that the game will kick off at this time and that it is the Police who have the final say......rubbish !!! SKY TV rule football.....NOT the FA. You are their puppets and do exactly what you are told.

OK....I accept that there would be no Premier League if it was not for SKY's financial support but, for once, why don't you put the fans first and not your pockets !!!! "

Write to them and tell them what you think....it probably won't do any good but it feels great to get it off your chest...set of money grabbing t*ssers !!!

I have just done a quick count of people in our group and circle of friends who are season ticket holders and the numbers of wives/children who they would take on the trip to Cardiff.

Kick off 3 or 4 o clock = 28 adults kids wives etc

Kick off 12-15 = 11 adults kids wives etc

16 of these adults kids wives etc are season ticket holders.

Not good reading !!!!!!!

According to the AA website i am 124.9miles away and it'll take me a grand total of 2hrs 24mins (in normal conditions) + at least 2hrs to make sure where there in time. Should be fun getting up at 7:30!

mad.gif the things we do to see us go back there a month later, hope that isn't a 12:15ko!

Hughesy - could you keep this on the topic. Most of what you've posted is frankly b*llocks.

While I agree with much of what has been posted I don't think driving is such a bad option. I plan to leave at 5.30 - 6.00am and expect to be in Cardiff by 9.30 at the latest. Drive time is 3 to 3.5 hours.

I have the feeling the biggest problems we are going to face will be:

* congestion getting in to Cardiff

* parking - don't expect to use the car parks we had for the Worthy - these will all be in use by shoppers

* the city centre will be packed with the usual Saturday crowds

* local public transport will be rammed

Question - how do we feel about an organised car pool? I for one will have spare seats.

As i suggested earlier paul, the easiest route to take is to park in a place called CALDICOT.

There is a train that leaves there at 0930 and arrives in Cardiff around 10ish, costs 11 English pounds retunr and provides an easy route into the City.

Car parking will be at a premium and like you say shoppers will be flooding the city for the usual saturday morning spree.

its all very sad but driving then train appears tobe the suitable option UNLESS of course the CLUB can get there hands on a football special ! Now then, does anyone remember such good times on the good old choo choo ?

carlisle anyone ? tinykit.gif

We're all not happy, the kick off time is pathetic, but after calming down slightly, ranting and raving isn't going to get us anywhere.

I've spent a lot on Rovers this season and this game is definitely another game that I don't want to miss.

Originally I was hoping to go down on the train to Cardiff with a group of mates however I don't fancy going on the train and risking getting delayed and missing the game.

I'm not happy like anyone else, but the F.A don't give one about us, it's life and we've got to get on with it and try and make plans the best way around this.

I'm looking for cheapish hotels for Friday and hope to travel down on the Friday afternoon, it's going to cost me more than I hoped, I don't plan to have my semi final weekend spoiled by idiots.

I can understand fully if people can't go because of the time etc, but the best way to show our frustration is to hurl abuse at the F.A on the day of the game.

Going to leave work on Friday night from London- train to Cardiff. Go out on the sauce.

Really cant wait- mind you I may have got the sack by then as I cant concentrate on my work.

One Jack Walker

tinykit.gif

The FA are a bunch of arrogant twerps who have put TV and revenue ahead of the supporters....etc

Well said that man. Absolutely spot on.

May I also suggest that the reason the Saturday KO is at mid-day is so that both Rovers & Arsenal fans will have disappeared from Cardiff before the two sets of United fans appear over the horizon.

Gits. (that's the FA rather than the two sets of United fans)

In this instance

Edited by colin

With the kick off now set to dinner and me not pulling my finger out and booking a room in time, the idea of traveling down to Cardiff on a Aspins Bus doesn't sound like a great way to start the semi final day out mad.gif Just been looking at the trains time tables and it telling me that I will have to set off Fiday night and sleep on a platform over night. (they must be putting on a train to go down). Does anyone know if you can fly down to Cardiff from the North West and if so where online can I book a flight biggrin.gif

Cheers..........

okay the kick off time is pathetic EXCEPT for us based down in Oz who usually get treated to 2am or 4am kick offs..

semi will kick off 9:15pm on a saturday night down here, and its live on normal (ie not pay) tv, couldnt be btetter

every cloud has a silver lining as they say

Well thanks to the FA, I am now losing sleep over this. Woke about 3am worrying how I am going to get to Cardiff, where I am going to stay, what it's going to cost etc... and can't get back to sleep now. mad.gifblink.gif

Some might say it's my own fault for letting Scotty sort out the arrangements but I can't agree. How was he to know, when booking the accommodation, that the Viking Hotel, Newport was in Rhode Island, USA? huh.gif

okay the kick off time is pathetic EXCEPT for us based down in Oz who usually get treated to 2am or 4am kick offs..

semi will kick off 9:15pm on a saturday night down here, and its live on normal (ie not pay) tv, couldnt be btetter

every cloud has a silver lining as they say

In a strange way, knowing our friends in Australia, etc, can look forward to one of Rovers biggest games in years - live, free-to-view and at a very pleasant 9.15pm on a Saturday night - makes me feel a little better.

Flights to Melbourne anyone?

what I don't understand is why the police treat all fans like they are swansea or milwall.

How much agro is there between these 4 clubs? None of these fans are known for trouble and whilst there's a bit of niggle between Manure and the Arse on the pitch I don't remember it ever kicking off between the fans?

I would suggest that 70,000 sleep-deprived and over-emotional fans who will start drinking at 3pm presents more of a problem to the police than a 5pm kick-off!

Going to leave work on Friday night from London- train to Cardiff. Go out on the sauce.

Really cant wait- mind you I may have got the sack by then as I cant concentrate on my work.

One Jack Walker

tinykit.gif

Are you sure the agency won't sue you?