BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Semi Final

doowe

Its the same old story of a little rule being bended. AFTER ALL we will never be shifting more than 25k of the ticket allocation.

The problem with bending rules is that once you start who decides where to stop. How many of those 7000 people waiting for tickets would want rules bended for them and therfore perhaps prevent season ticket holders from getting the seat where they want them.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

steaky, I hear your point but on this occasion there is NOT one season ticket holder who is not guaranteed a ticket for the semi final.

Granted for games were crowds are limited, were tickets are going to be in short supply then YES have a ruling. On this occasion of our semi final appearance then it is clear that everything must be done to get Rovers fans down to Cardiff.

Its plain and simple, Rovers will not take 30k fans. A bit of leeway with the sales may on this occasion ensure a turn out of around 23-25k

However, what about people like me who have to wait until April 2nd before I can get a ticket? If the ticket office bent the rules just a little for all the season ticket holders to get extra tickets for people who never attended, that would leave little choice for us who do attend just without the luxury of season tickets.

Although I do agree with what you are saying.

Shame there isn't a way of reserving tickets (using information like my details to reserve the seat that I will get as I have a history anyway) when ST holders buy them. I would love to sit with my mates who have already got theirs but I have to wait and will be sat miles away. Never mind, I'll still be there.

Roverite, how have 7,000 season tickets holders managed to secure an extra 7,000 tickets for 'family and friends' when its supposed to be one ticket per season ticket book? dry.gif

Like you I agree that they should be sold to anyone who wants one but surely that scenario happens on 11th April anyway.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

steaky, I hear your point but on this occasion there is NOT one season ticket holder who is not guaranteed a ticket for the semi final.

My point is not that they couldnt get a seat but might not get a seat in the area they want, for example top tier, front few rows, behind goal, becuase they have been taken by "special cases".

What you are actually saying is that there shouldnt be special cases but that season ticket holders should be able to buy as many tickets as they want from day one and not wait till sale till they go on sale to ppl with ticket histories..

SG

the way it was put across is that Rovers have approx 7k tickets to be processed on Saturday.

This is made up of postal application, faxed applications and thos eseason ticket holders who have ordered extra tickets.

Now this morning I got 6 my mate got 6, I have ordered another 14 my mate has ordered another 16 but these cannot be processed until saturday at the earliest. my son is currently at ewood purchasing a furhter 5 tickets for our coach party.

It is quite clear that a lot of people want to sit near each other and the limit of 6 tickets per person until 1st Apr is ensuring that people wait until they can do so.

Any pobs go and speak to the young lad with the England shirt on at the ticket office. biggrin.gif I am sure he will give you the same information tongue.gif

I bought 6 tickets today and filled in the forms to get a further 3 sat with us, which they will process on saturday. They then are sending the tickets to us.

However, the ticket office lady stated to me when i asked how sales were going "to date we have only sold around 3200 tickets since they went on sale, we just cant believe how quiet it is"

this is pretty worrying, and completely contradicts what you have stated roverite- obviously you too were told the info by the ticket office, but i have only posted what they have said to me this morning!

sad.gif

Confident we will sell plenty, there is no rush unlike other games..

6 of us going with season tickets not got them yet will tomorrow...I am sure we will sell at least 25k..

Only danger is that people waiting post April 2nd will not have organised transport and accomm and may give up on the idea

rover.gif there's 15 in our group and only 3 season tickets so we are not bothering till sunday,this is the one chance people can sit with there family and friends at a major game,just hope all the £25 tickets have not gone tinykit.gif

According to my mother and her famously unreliable workmates Rovers have had to send back a number of the North Stand tickets as they were numbered incorrectly. Also, as a result, the whole of the North Stand is now the family enclosure, not just the lower tier.

I've no idea if any of the above is true - just passing on what I was told.

Edited by Scotty

Im quite confused now...

I was offered East stand only for the £35 category. either right at the front on the lower tier or near to the front in the middle Tier.

I asked for the middle Tier, however, my ticket says 'BLOCK L7, ROW 27' which according to SG194's map puts me 27 rows up in the Lower Tier...???

According to my mother and her famously unreliable workmates Rovers have had to send back a number of the North Stand tickets as they were numbered incorrectly. Also, as a result, the whole of the North Stand is now the family enclosure, not just the lower tier.

I've no idea if any of the above is true - just passing on what I was told.

That is the case Scotty - they didnt bother to tell everyone who qued on Friday mornign though. The people in front of me werent happy when, after 3 hours in a que, they were told they had to make a postal application. AND pay £4 for the priviledge.