SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Semi Final

doowe

Have a good feeling you'll be buying a few beers Berkshire!!! tongue.gif

I don't

im with you berkshire and capt

got to believe that we will manage 20,000 for an fa cup semi final

"even on a daft day, at a daft place, at a daft time" nice quote from the National Rail enquiries operator who supports Newcastle. Wished him luck till the final laugh.gif

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got mine. When I asked for middle tier at £45 first reaction was these were sold out. On further enquiry the good lady found me a couple. smile.gif

Sales steady but a big demand expected this weekend was the report. A clearer idea of sales expected this time next week.

Have a good feeling you'll be buying a few beers Berkshire!!! tongue.gif

I don't

GAV ....... seem to remember a similar little quirk from you over the Dingle tickets laugh.gif

Very true Capt but speaking to many die hards they're just not bothering to go to Cardiff and thats a clear indication to me that we'll suffer with ticket sales for this one.

Hope i'm wrong.

rover.gif Have all thought of a special train to Cardiff been ditched. I live in Bradford have my match ticket and have made no travel plans yet. Special train would be the comfy option. Not living in Blackburn i dont get the local gossip, can anyone enlighten me if the possibility of special train is still in the pipeline.

Spot on:

Telegraph rant

Not quite GAV - personally I think its well off the mark mostly and badly timed in that it is insinuating that the Kick off time is the main reason/excuse for people not going.

Wrong IMO - the main reason I feel is the bollux the FA have and the increasing cost made of the whole situation and the comparison with Newcastle is just not comparable.

People are peed off with hassle of everything that has in all aspects spoilt what is traditionally one of the highlights for a fan in any season should they be lucky enough to get to semi final.

Things like this don't do any good - what they should have highlighted was basically what's in the last paragraph and played on those who might not go, with these comments.

Funny, how they have not compared Arsenal - who in all reality would probably have sold their allocation now if it had been at say Villa Park - yet at the moment by all accounts are at the same situ re ticket sales.

There are alot of things rolling into one causing indecision in alot of people (and the part time diehards as you state) but I still say that as it draws nearer we will be nearer selling our allocation and sell over 20k as it hits home.

Maybe Rovers fans are not as gullible as some and are not having the wool pulled over their eyes and getting ripped off - because as sure if our game was a sellout the FA would be creaming it and adding fuel to their intention of holding all future semi's at the New Wembley.

Sorry Capt but the fella is spot on here:

''In Newcastle, the club has received 31,000 tickets for their semi-final, and has had 33,000 applications from season ticket holders alone. That means that tickets will not go on general sale, and several hundred season ticket holders will also miss out.

Of course, you can't compare the fan bases of Blackburn and Newcastle. But you can compare the attitude of some of the fans. Newcastle kick off at 2pm on Sunday, April 17, so that means a similar 5.30am start time, with a possible six-hour journey.

But according to the press gang in Newcastle, you won't find a single Geordie unwilling to give up a few hours sleep to see their side take on Manchester United.''

ATTITUDE AND COMMITMENT.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

Im not happy with the venue - the kick off time - or the cost but im going and with the help of Stu have made alternative transport arrangements.

Its still a cock up from the FA in my opinion - the club are blameless for once.

I wont moan if we make the final even if the trains are all cancelled and I have to walk - thats different - but the semi's- yeah thats moanworthy

Spot on:

Telegraph rant

Not quite GAV - personally I think its well off the mark mostly and badly timed in that it is insinuating that the Kick off time is the main reason/excuse for people not going.

Wrong IMO - the main reason I feel is the bollux the FA have and the increasing cost made of the whole situation and the comparison with Newcastle is just not comparable.

People are peed off with hassle of everything that has in all aspects spoilt what is traditionally one of the highlights for a fan in any season should they be lucky enough to get to semi final.

Things like this don't do any good - what they should have highlighted was basically what's in the last paragraph and played on those who might not go, with these comments.

Funny, how they have not compared Arsenal - who in all reality would probably have sold their allocation now if it had been at say Villa Park - yet at the moment by all accounts are at the same situ re ticket sales.

There are alot of things rolling into one causing indecision in alot of people (and the part time diehards as you state) but I still say that as it draws nearer we will be nearer selling our allocation and sell over 20k as it hits home.

Maybe Rovers fans are not as gullible as some and are not having the wool pulled over their eyes and getting ripped off - because as sure if our game was a sellout the FA would be creaming it and adding fuel to their intention of holding all future semi's at the New Wembley.

Absolutely spot on Capt but there really is no point arguing on here. You'll still get the same people jumping at the chance to slag off the fans.

The likes of SG194, Gav, CLB, SuperStella etc, etc just can't wait to have a go, and they're not going to let the fact that we won't know the true picture regarding ticket sales until next week stop them. I think these people must have some sort of insecurity complex, something that compells them to show everyone else how good a fan they are and how crap others are.

There are real, genuine reasons why some people aren't going to this game. I can understand the reasons - others can't, or won't, meaning we'll just keep having the same tired old arguments over and over again.

The prospect of a semi final win is enthralling as a conversational topic.

imagine the outcry that will be when an unexpected Blackburn win sends them into the cup final.

then

imagine the clamour for the tickets that will be like rocking horse crap ?

then

imagine the feelings of outrage when the ticket application is announced ?

then

imagine the outcry from some season ticket holders when the club announce that priority is being granted to supporters who have travelled to most of the cup matches but in particular the FA Cup semi final ?

then

imagine just how longstanding fans who feel they are entitled to a cup final ticket feel when they get refused ?

and then finally

imagine just who these supporters will blame when there is just 25000 tickets at most available to our club ?

THE JOKE WILL BE ON THEM

My advice

SPLASH THE CASH FOR A ONCE IN A LIFETIME TRIP tinykit.gif

YOU JUST KNOW IT MAKES SENSE tinykit.gif

A tad harsh there maybe. I think most of those people are just frustrated because they want to see a full allocation going to Cardiff, don't we all. Agree with you to some extent in that as we don't know how many we have sold it is silly to jump the gun. Me, i'd be happy with 20,000 to be honest.

I do understand the reasons why people won't go but can't say I agree with all of them. However Scott is spot on in saying that there is no point at all in slagging off the fans. No-one will read this and think, bugger it i'd better go down as i'm letting the club down. Mostly i'll just be disappointed but certainly not ashamed if we only took say 15k.

Let's just concentrate on getting excited for the game and wait and see how many sell. Then we can all argue! wink.gif

Sorry Sg194 but the Capt. is spot on.

How can you possibly compare Blackburn with Newcastle. I'm sure you'll find roughly the same ratio of disillusioned supporters in Tyneside. They can shift 31,000 in the time we sell 8000, so big deal. Now compare populations and importantly, surrounding clubs. An old argument, I'll concede, yet it is fact.

For those of you foolish enough to believe there is some kind of disloyal mentality in Blackburn, then I'm sorry you need to wake up.

No offence.

Overall I believe the apparent apathy towards ticket sales is down to three factors:

1. We all know we will get a ticket - look at the Burnley and Celtic away games, there was an almighty sramble because we knew tickets were limited.

2. Limited ticket availability actually stimulates interest in a game

3. The general malaise now impacting on football. People want their entertainment on the doorstep. We are looking at 6 hours to get there (got to allow for every potential problem) and probably 7 to get back (3 hours stuck in Cardiff and 4 hours home). This is simply a real turn-off for many.

I can't imagine not being in Cardiff and don't understand why any fan, especially an ST holder, would miss the game for reasons other than cost. It's very close to the fulfillment of all our dreams but if folk chose not to go there is no point in criticising them publicly in the LET. The effect is bound to be negative and put some fans on the defensive. As I said earlier why are there no POSITIVE articles in the LET for this game?

I dread to think of the reaction if we reach the final. Those who don't get tickets will be up in arms. Hopefully the club can make a clear statement at the beginning of future seasons as to how ticket allocation will be dealt with for particular types of game.

I have been reading many of the comments and I think there are many fair points raised for and against going to Cardiff.

My position is that both the wife and I are season ticket holders in the Blackburn End. I myself have been a season ticket holder for 40 years. We are going to Cardiff and taking a 12 year old lad, who we have managed to get interested in watching Rovers, and I am sure will become a fan for the future. He is not a season ticket holder.

So,because he is not a season ticket holder, we have to wait until Saturday before we can all get tickets together, hopefully in the family enclosure, thereby enabling the boy to get a half price ticket.

So first point: Enough of this sanctimonious crap from some of the posters on this board about "you should have done it earlier" Here is a situation where both the club and board members have encouraged fans to bring along a friend.

Well I have and now, to be able to sit together, we have to wait. I am not complaining to the club, I just accept the situation.

I don't like the venue, I don't like the KO time, I don't like the journey I don't like the prices.

So ****** what. It's a semi final. Come hell or high water WE WILL BE THERE. COME ON YOU BLUES.

just a point here to show us footy fans ARE being ripped off by the welsh tosspots....

just had these prices through today for the rugby league challenge cup FINAL...NOT SEMI...BUT A SHOWCASE FINAL..

£50,£40,£30,£25,£20,AND £15!!!!!!!

ALSO BOOK 20 TICKETS ANG GET ONE FREE!!!

just a point here to show us footy fans ARE being ripped off by the welsh tosspots....

just had these prices through today for the rugby league challenge cup FINAL...NOT SEMI...BUT A SHOWCASE FINAL..

£50,£40,£30,£25,£20,AND £15!!!!!!!

ALSO BOOK 20 TICKETS ANG GET ONE FREE!!!

Aye, I noticed that yesterday! Also the seating plan for that final is roughly the same as it was for our Worthington Cup final, with more cheaper priced tickets available than are this time.

At least I'll get cheap tickets for 1 of the 3 games I plan on going to the Millennium this season smile.gif

As I said earlier why are there no POSITIVE articles in the LET for this game?

As I said earlier, because the LET is not the club's PR mouthpiece.

If there are negative articles, it is because they reflect the general feeling of the Blackburn public.

As I said earlier why are there no POSITIVE articles in the LET for this game?

As I said earlier, because the LET is not the club's PR mouthpiece.

If there are negative articles, it is because they reflect the general feeling of the Blackburn public.

Utter Sh1te as usual. If it reflected the 'general' feeling of the public it would also have articles from people saying how they are really looking to going and what a good day out it will be. Why don't they? Because it's not headline news is it. The LET has dipped further and further in recent years and now feels the need to make pathetic headline's out of nothing stories.