BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Andy Todd

I hope that doesn't mean a falling out. Henchoz was brought in as 5th choice and now he seems to be 2nd. He ain't good enough which is why even Wigan got rid. If Todd is out of favour it has to be Zura and Ryan at centre half...

Hey Mate, you speak to Wigan fans now and they'll tell you how they are missing Henchoz.....Todd's ok, but not good enough to warrent a regular first team spot. At his age this probably bugs him after being player of year etc for a couple of seasons....He would be a great signing for Wigan, but a loss to the Rovers.

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Mate, you speak to Wigan fans now and they'll tell you how they are missing Henchoz.....Todd's ok, but not good enough to warrent a regular first team spot. At his age this probably bugs him after being player of year etc for a couple of seasons....He would be a great signing for Wigan, but a loss to the Rovers.

Having seen highlights of the pie-eaters' game last night, bloody right they're missing him!

I like Henchoz, but I'd pick Todd before him any day!

Simon :brfc:

I think that Todd is an important player in the squad. He was playing brilliantly a few seasons ago and even though he hasn't reached those standards since, I don't get nervous when I see his name in the team. With players like Ooijer, Nelsen and Zurab being injuried, it shows how important it is to have a big squad and when Todd has been called on, he has done well.

I liked Toddy and even forgave his misdemeanours, BUT,

when he walked halfway up the pitch and headbutted that spurs player, UNFORGIVEABLE.

He let everybody down and for me, one step too far.

He's Gotta go.

zurab wasn't even in the 16 lastnight, injured perhaps?

slight groin injury...

I liked Toddy and even forgave his misdemeanours, BUT,

when he walked halfway up the pitch and headbutted that spurs player, UNFORGIVEABLE.

He let everybody down and for me, one step too far.

He's Gotta go.

If You Think Andy Todd -Vs- Andy Reid was bad enough, what about Lucas Neill and Anthony Gardner...

I've pointed out before that I judge players by how I would have liked to play against them....... On that basis imo our best centre half pairing would be Nelsen with either Todd/Ooijer alongside and with Zurab and Henchoz in that order of preference on the bench.

It appears that not many of our members have ever kicked a ball in anger in their lives. <_<

But we all have to learn don't we? My lads a sixth former and he comes home most nights talking absolute comic-cut shyte about football too! :rolleyes:

Grow up you idiot.

Todd has won Fans Player of the Season twice, worn the armband with distinction and hardly put a foot wrong on the field in years.

Where do you work out this has been a drain on the wage bill ?

Stop it with the big letters, dramatised tantrums and cleverly disguised bad language and do your homework.

:wstu:

Setting a good example there with your personal abuse.

Like father like son? ;)

Chortle.

Must admit that I cannot see what Henchoz offers that Todd doesn't. Both are slow but Todd is tougher and reads the game far better. He's also a "leader" on the pitch. One can only presume there are personality issues here with the manager.

Haha, the usual ridiculous hyperbole generated in responses when anybody says anything even slightly out of order about Saint Todd. It's a tiny bit tiresome, don't you think?

So Todd is a better centre-half than Nelsen, Ooijer, Henchoz, Zurab, or even Mokoena? Then why isn't he playing? Or in the squad for that matter?

I will!

Kind of thought that was what message boards were for, but a number of people seem to think that it's okay to have your own opinions....as long as they're the same as their's.

Hyperbolic? It was you who came on with the massive statement about Todd being rubbish. You wanted a reaction. Todd is undoubtably better than Henchoz or Mokoena, better than Zurab (although that could be debated) and Ooijer is injured so Todd should be in and around the team. He does the business on the pitch and our run at xmas coincided with his return to the side.

Tell me, what is better about Henchoz than Todd?

Edited by bish1982

Spencey wanted a reaction and he got one so don't defend him. At least Brownies style is grammatically correct and far more mature.

Sweet Lord almighty - I didn't want "a reaction", I wanted to STATE MY OPINION. That seems to be okay with most of the members on this board, but for the Todd-fellators.

Your opinions of Todd are undoubtedly explained however in the statement you make about judging players by how you would have liked to have played against them - I presume you've played a great deal of high-level Sunday league. Todd is a first-division standard centre-half who plays very much in the style of a Sunday league defender. No nonsense, no finesse, bad attitude.

P.S. There's an apostrophe missing from your post. Find it yourself Mr. Grammar...

Sweet Lord almighty - I didn't want "a reaction", I wanted to STATE MY OPINION. That seems to be okay with most of the members on this board, but for the Todd-fellators.

Your opinions of Todd are undoubtedly explained however in the statement you make about judging players by how you would have liked to have played against them - I presume you've played a great deal of high-level Sunday league. Todd is a first-division standard centre-half who plays very much in the style of a Sunday league defender. No nonsense, no finesse, bad attitude.

P.S. There's an apostrophe missing from your post. Find it yourself Mr. Grammar...

Here we go again, grammar on a football board.Can't some of you people get a life.

If you can understand what is being said, that's all that matters.

Tell me, what is better about Henchoz than Todd?

Henchoz has 71 international caps, and around five years experience of playing regularly in the UEFA competitions with Liverpool and Celtic.

Todd has zero international caps, a history of spitting the dummy, violent behaviour, and an illustrious C.V. including spells at Middlesborough, Charlton, Bolton and Burnley.

I really don't see where the argument is coming from here.

Todd-fellators? Perhaps with the exception of Jan (who has sturdy looks as first choice quality), no one here has ever been especially defendant of Todd. You're entitled to have an opinion, and you're entitled to tell us what you think, but we are too - and most of us want Todd to stay, especially with Ooijer injured. So get over it.

Here we go again, grammar on a football board.Can't some of you people get a life.

If you can understand what is being said, that's all that matters.

That's kind of the point I was making. Just pointing out the irony.

Todd-fellators? Perhaps with the exception of Jan (who has sturdy looks as first choice quality), no one here has ever been especially defendant of Todd. You're entitled to have an opinion, and you're entitled to tell us what you think, but we are too - and most of us want Todd to stay, especially with Ooijer injured. So get over it.

I have nothing to "get over" - I was just posting my opinion that I would like him to leave.

Edited by spencey7

DAMMIT. :(

How many times must we be teased that this horror show is leaving only to have our hopes dashed at the last second?!? It's sickening to think of the drain on wages Andy Todd has been during a period at a club where he's caused as much unrest/controversy off the pitch as he has made decent tackles on it.

PI$$ OFF TODD.

Here here, don't let the b******s get you down you tell em :lol::lol:

Isnt it Damnit? ;)

I have no time for Todd, he let us down by spitting his dummy out when we needed him most.

No sympathy for him, although if Jan thinks he's a bit of totty, well maybe she can get a nice photo of him or something

Henchoz has 71 international caps, and around five years experience of playing regularly in the UEFA competitions with Liverpool and Celtic.

Todd has zero international caps, a history of spitting the dummy, violent behaviour, and an illustrious C.V. including spells at Middlesborough, Charlton, Bolton and Burnley.

I really don't see where the argument is coming from here.

Im talking about them both as current Blackburn players. Henchoz was a good player but lost drastically towards the end of his Liverpool career. He was bobbins for Celtic, good for a bit at Wigan before losing it again and is creaking now for us.

Todd has rarely had a bad game for us, has often been man of the match, and has been one of the main reasons we have stayed up despite Souness losing his head in two seasons. Even though Henchoz was decent the first time round with us, we still went down with him at centre half. Todd's done miles more for BRFC than Henchoz has or will ever do. He does spit the dummy out sometimes but whenever he has come back into the side after being dropped by Souness or Hughes he has come in and done the business.

He should be playing with Nelsen and if not it should be Zurab, we can think about Ooijer v Todd next season.

Isnt it Damnit? ;)

I have no time for Todd, he let us down by spitting his dummy out when we needed him most.

No sympathy for him, although if Jan thinks he's a bit of totty, well maybe she can get a nice photo of him or something

I don't know what all the fuss is about,at end of day they are all Rovers players,aand when it comes to match's where Rovers have to get stuck in, then Todd's the man for the job.

I'm more worried that a small section of fans always need a Rovers player to hate,i do say a small section, but sometimes they shout and scream the loudest.At moment that man seems to be Mokoena,don't get me wrong, at moment he's not playing very well, but isn't that the time that people should get behind those players, and not verbally attack them and give them more abuse than your average referee,...the same thing was going on with Pedersen not so long back, but Sparky knew best and stood by him, and i for one am glad he did

All players go through a bad spell, and sometimes just need a confidence boost,and I'm sure Mark Hughes and his staff know best.

Edited by ewoodblue

Andy Todd has been and always will be for me, a complete enigma....i cant get my head round him.........it was the same under souness............in and out of favour like no other......but still hes here.....and was a few weeks back, donning the captains armband if you please..........!!!!!!!!

I'm more worried that a small section of fans always need a Rovers player to hate,i do say a small section, but sometimes they shout and scream the loudest.At moment that man seems to be Mokoena,don't get me wrong, at moment he's not playing very well, but isn't that the time that people should get behind those players, and not verbally attack them and give them more abuse than your average referee,...the same thing was going on with Pedersen not so long back, but Sparky knew best and stood by him, and i for one am glad he did

All players go through a bad spell, and sometimes just need a confidence boost,and I'm sure Mark Hughes and his staff know best.

I couldn't believe the abuse Pedersen was getting a while back. Regardless of form, he will always be one of our better players.

Todd on the other hand...

(just trying to keep this thread on topic!)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.