BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 3-0 Saints

I think Stead will get more space against these than he did against liverpool Arsenal and Man u. I dont think Savage is fit is he? Crouch is bang on form though and takes some stopping.

either 1-1 or 2-1 to Rovers. I think stead wil get another goal, especially after the praise he recieved recently improving his confidence.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a game that we must be targeting for a win. If we win this and the other teams around the bottom lose, then I'd think that we would definitely be staying up. We are playing well at the moment, we are defending well and proving hard to beat. I hope that in this home game against a struggling Southampton side we would be able to show more of an attacking side to our play. But it is the result that matters and if we win, which I think we will, then I'll be happy.

3-0 to Rovers with Stead, Reid and Thompson getting the goals.

Edited by RoyRover

alas, i think we will lose this 3-2 a la the same as last match against them, stead to score first then crouch 2, then pederson, then phillips grabs an unlikely winner in a match we dominate...........prive me wrong. please!!

sad.gif

Rovers 0 Soton 1

I fear a similar result. We can't score to save our lives and we can't keep clean sheets in every game either.

but if we cant feel we cant score we have already defeated ourselves.

No. If the players feel they can't score then they are already defeated. The fans are just giving honest opinions and predicting a 1-0 loss as a result of us struggling to score and that won't affect whether we score 0 or 5 on Saturday.

Also, are you on some sort of crusade to have the last post on every thread on the main page or something?

Though I wouldn't like to predict the score - I feel that this will be a more exciting match than many people are predicting.

Normally the away side would try to defend - but in this case Southampton really need to win - so I feel that they will really give it a go.

Against anybody, except the top teams Hughes has set out his team as 4-4-2 - with more of an onus on attack. The only problem in previous home matches has been that we don't have the guile to break down packed defences - but in this case I feel Southampton won't defend in numbers. So hopefully a better match will ensue.

My only concern is that Hughes will have one eye on the Semi - and play a 4-5-1 formation for continuity. However - even if he does I would expect the wingers to be pushed far more forward than they have in previous matches making it more like 4-3-3.

rover.gif

Whats with Mark Lawrencen? did someone at blackburn offend him or something. It doesnt matter who we play, he seems to think we will loose.

He's a north ender, who's always said PNE are a bigger club than rovers.

Bitter man.

Lawro really annoys me. He does seem to have it in for us. I reckon we could play Boston United's ladies under 13 B's and he'd still predict a loss for Rovers. Then again the guy's very much a big club man - he always predicts that the 'bigger' club would win.

Will be very interesting. The saints have three in form qualiy strikers who are hitting form. We've got one of the stingiest defences around. Will be very interesting to see who wins this battle. Can our defence keep them out? If we can keep out manure we can do it against Saints. Not too sure our strike force is up to much and with Saints being a real handful offensively and needing to win I don't think we'll create much - even for us. 0-0 quite possibly.

Hopefully the law of averages will swing in our favour and the awful decisions that went against us in the match at St Marys will fall on our side. With Souness not haunting Ewood any longer Lady Luck can come back to Ewood, allowing us to scrape a 1-0 win through some good fortune.

It will be a scrappy game with just one goal in it , lets just hope we score it

change it to bobble and screw up ten chances with one bounching past niemi on the worst most cheapest chance and you got it.

the saint also have a horrible defence apart from lesaux.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.